2013 Solheim Cup Thread (Spoilers)

A full-on bladed wedge shot. Something I can relate to. :(

Except we can't get up and down for par from that. Great recovery. Need 9 points, idk if it can happen.

I agree that the sportsmanship has been terrible. It's so bad that my wife, who is typically a huge LPGA fan, refused to watch any more today. It's a shame because I really like this format.

I went to a ladies U.S. Open in 1998 and saw so many poor shots that it was the last LPGA tournament I watched in person or on TV. I have 2 daughters who play golf and I love the game, but I can't get past the chasm in talent between the men and ladies. It's just not worth my time to watch - I'd rather go out and play golf or spend time with my kids.

I think JB told me yesterday that Paula Creamer played with Rickie Fowler at his home course of Medalist. According to him, she beat Rickie by 7 strokes.

I think the LPGA Tour is supremely talented compared to what it used to be. Some amazing players play there.

I'm curious what unsportsmanlike conduct everyone has seen, is it the celebrations that are objectionable or the questioning of the officials? Just curious what everyone's take is on it

It's really the excessive celebrations. A fist pump is fine, but all the other is ridiculous.

Maybe I am just missing some of the goings-on but I cant help but feel the lack of sportsmanship is being blown out of proportion. These are all professional athletes competing in an event they care deeply about; if they cant handle the other team celebrating or a little gamesmanship than "get out the kitchen."

It's really the excessive celebrations. A fist pump is fine, but all the other is ridiculous.
I don't disagree with this, on the other hand not too sound sexist but....that's women's sports in general. Softball is the same way with them at any age. Just my observation, hope it doesn't come across the wrong way

I'm curious what unsportsmanlike conduct everyone has seen, is it the celebrations that are objectionable or the questioning of the officials? Just curious what everyone's take is on it

I think it was to do with some putts not being given. I saw Stacy Lewis basically b**ch Anna N. out today for not giving her a 3 ft putt. Stuff like that I think.

I think it was to do with some putts not being given. I saw Stacy Lewis basically b**ch Anna N. out today for not giving her a 3 ft putt. Stuff like that I think.
I missed that one, I wouldn't think they would/should expect any putts to be given.

I missed that one, I wouldn't think they would/should expect any putts to be given.

The putt was a in-betweener (In between a tap in and a knee knocker).

If it helps, I looked at it and I would've said good. It was funny because Stacy glared at her a couple times then mumbled something probably like, "What the hell?!"

Yeah, they really shouldn't expect any to be given as difficult as the greens have been. 2-3 footers could be missed

I've been watching this for awhile and nothing I've seen has convinced me that the US stands a chance. So many opportunities, but can't capitalize.

If Lewis is upset by her putts not being conceded it sounds to me like she isnt in the right mindset to win. That kind of "poor me" attitude is a trademark of losers, not winners.

Go Gerina!

They should look back on their battles to even get to this level and remember how many knee knockers they had to make in Q school to even get there.
Nothing is given. Everything is earned.

Lewis with another missed putt, they need to start making some putts.

Charlie Hull is very impressive. She's fearless, pin hunting and right now she's schooling Creamer. Youd never think she was a rookie, let alone 17 yrs old.

Maybe I am just missing some of the goings-on but I cant help but feel the lack of sportsmanship is being blown out of proportion. These are all professional athletes competing in an event they care deeply about; if they cant handle the other team celebrating or a little gamesmanship than "get out the kitchen."

You're right, they are professionals, if anyone they should know that you show your opponent respect, it's the professionals.

Wow that shot by the 17 yr. old Hull, should close out Creamer.

Edit: Or not, Creamer with a huge shot out of the greenside trap to make it to the next hole.

I think JB told me yesterday that Paula Creamer played with Rickie Fowler at his home course of Medalist. According to him, she beat Rickie by 7 strokes.

I think the LPGA Tour is supremely talented compared to what it used to be. Some amazing players play there.

Wow. I'd be curious what yardage they played. Paula's not that long off the tee so it surprises me she beat him by that many with a lot longer clubs into the greens in most cases.

Wow. I'd be curious what yardage they played. Paula's not that long off the tee so it surprises me she beat him by that many with a lot longer clubs into the greens in most cases.

He told me that at Taco Mac. I don't know. I'd want to hear a little more about this too. This was during that time when he was busting my balls, hard. Well, actually, that was the whole night, or really any time I talked to him.

He told me that at Taco Mac. I don't know. I'd want to hear a little more about this too. This was during that time when he was busting my balls, hard. Well, actually, that was the whole night, or really any time I talked to him.

Sounds familiar haha

This was during that time when he was busting my balls, hard. Well, actually, that was the whole night, or really any time I talked to him.

Simmer down killer. Sometimes when you say some things, the only response back can be filled with sarcasm. If you would like an example, check the banter away thread just today.

Paula is gone.

Simmer down killer. Sometimes when you say some things, the only response back can be filled with sarcasm. If you would like an example, check the banter away thread just today.

Oh I know. I'm experiencing it right now in that thread.

But really, Me and the little Irish man want to hear more about this Paula beating Rickie thing.

What I saw that was bad was the American girls, after holing out, would go to the next tee box without waiting for the Euros to finish out.

Back