2013 Solheim Cup Thread (Spoilers)

Pfft. High school boys across this country would dominate that track.
I kid I kid :D

Yeah, I forgot that they were playing from the girls' tees. Super easy for any man/boy.

I'd love to watch the best high school boy in America tee it up with Wie and Korda and proceed to shoot 100 while barely being able to hold a club.

I like to watch a hard course, but there were times where I was just wishing there was a better chance to see some close shots made. The greens were nasty.

I like to watch a hard course, but there were times where I was just wishing there was a better chance to see some close shots made. The greens were nasty.

Watching the Creamer beat down reminded me of when you and I had a little challenge...

Watching the Creamer beat down reminded me of when you and I had a little challenge...

At least we didn't see anybody hit it backwards :banghead:

By the way, this article (http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-dige...n/2012/06/why-the-lpga-tour-needs-shorte.html) suggests that the men are playing 1,000 yards longer courses, so your bet will have to be amended by another 500 yards.
Given that, I'll take #75 on tour vs. a high school kid ANY day.[/QUOTE]

And you would lose money.

If you read it correctly, the men are playing courses that just over 7300 and the average LPGA set up is 6550. That's about 750 yards. Of course my neighbor is only a boy, so I though 500 yards would be fair.:act-up:

Euro's hitting far more mid to long range putts. Euro's hitting key late match approach shots close. U.S. gacking on key late match short to mid range putts. Lower ranked Euro's closing out higher ranked US opponents early. Euro's making late charges to steal or halve key matches.

All of the above adding up to solid European victory.

Seem like I have seen this play out somewhere else before.

Last edited:
I watched this all weekend in between hanging out with the family and the birthday festivities. I loved it. Aside from some snippy stuff here and there, I love the atmosphere. People there cared about every hole and every putt. I think it's just natural for the participants to feed off that. Easily the most exciting exhibition of ladies golf I've watched.
Watching it on TV just solidified in my mind that I'd love to attend some year!

we watched a ton of it all weekend. It was disappointing to see it be such a blowout in the end. But I thought there was some really good golf on display.

Watching it on TV just solidified in my mind that I'd love to attend some year!
Verifying that it is an excellent event live.
I was there for the event in its entirety at Killeen Castle and it was excellent. If you do manage to get there someday, I'd highly recommend attending the practice days; there is far less people there and the players are so relaxed and approachable (I will treasure my hat signed by Morgan Pressel forever :in-love:).

This was a fun event to follow this year. While I didnt love the course selection, GC did a good job covering it and it was a good watch. Regular LPGA events will seem boring in comparison, similar to the post Ryder Cup hangover.

It doesn't really indicate anything. It's common sense that playing from the same tees, a PGA touring pro is going to beat an LPGA'er almost every single time. Annika didn't even make the cut when she played against the men. Doesn't mean the women are not talented.

As long as there aren't super long forced carries involved, my opinion is that an LPGA touring pro is going to beat guys who can't make it on tour more often than not, and once you get closer to a scratch male golfer, a whole lot more than that.

For someone to say the quality of play is so much worse on the LPGA than on the PGA is in my opinion laughable. They don't hit the ball as far, obviously, but that's about it. In my opinion.

I don't disagree, but I think the Solheim Cup showed that the US women are not as strong putters as they need to be.

Yeah! If ever there was a clear demonstration of how important putting is, this event was it.

I like watching the LPGA. I can relate to the shots they hit more than I can to the men. I'll never hit a 600yd par 5 in two, so it's enjoyable watching the ladies play similar shots to mine...more consistently of course, but...same types of shots.

Still catching up on my DVR, but just disappointed in the US's putting. I know who won, so no spoilers or anything. But also pretty impressed with the play.

Has anybody figured out yet what the whole wagging their hand in front of their face thing the US team was doing is about yet?

Now the winner should play the Korea girls in the next Solheim Cup matches.

Has anybody figured out yet what the whole wagging their hand in front of their face thing the US team was doing is about yet?

My best guess would be that's related to a tweet and photo that Suzann Pettersen posted - "Waiting on the Americans to get done taking pictures of their nail polish #whileweareyoung" during one of the photo shoots before the event started. Was pretty funny...

Back