2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo bombs rule! He's mixed up with some celebrities right there!

Walking to dinner with everyone. Epic photo bomb by random guy on 18
vyqa9u3y.jpg

And that doesn't even include the cougar in the bikini and a negligee who followed you guys back to the clubhouse.

a4yha9e3.jpg
u5adada5.jpg
ameda5a6.jpg
puzehe3e.jpg

Dinner at True Blue tonight

uga5uzys.jpg

Media day was a blast and it was so awesome to not only put faces to names but to put handshakes to hands as well. It was so nice to meet my friends for the first time, and again.

I do want to take one second and thank Henri(Castor Hades), Tim(WCBM) and Jeremiah(was a BULLFROG, IS a good friend of mine!).

In a very exclusive event for THP members and volunteers, it is very easy to find groups and play with our own. These guys were nice enough to accept my dad into the group and not only just play with him, but make him feel like he was a part of this event and a longtime member of THP. As many know, I do not get to spend much time with him but because of these accepting and kind individuals they not only allowed me to make memories the memories with my dad better than I could've asked for. He still mentions certain shots and jokes and moments and I am just so happy that these guys made even the slightest of effort. He is so excited to watch us all play tomorrow and root for the guys who took the time, especially because he was able to meet these three, ddxu, Canadan and others who made him feel in the group on and off of the golf course.

Thanks for a great couple of days so far and the competition starts tomorrow!!! Get some rest for an early day!

Really cool stuff about enjoying the time with ya Dad. This fond memory will be around many years from now :thumb:

Lots of great stuff in your post Thainer, go get tomorrow and make Dad proud !

Ditto!

Media day was a blast and it was so awesome to not only put faces to names but to put handshakes to hands as well. It was so nice to meet my friends for the first time, and again.

I do want to take one second and thank Henri(Castor Hades), Tim(WCBM) and Jeremiah(was a BULLFROG, IS a good friend of mine!).

In a very exclusive event for THP members and volunteers, it is very easy to find groups and play with our own. These guys were nice enough to accept my dad into the group and not only just play with him, but make him feel like he was a part of this event and a longtime member of THP. As many know, I do not get to spend much time with him but because of these accepting and kind individuals they not only allowed me to make memories the memories with my dad better than I could've asked for. He still mentions certain shots and jokes and moments and I am just so happy that these guys made even the slightest of effort. He is so excited to watch us all play tomorrow and root for the guys who took the time, especially because he was able to meet these three, ddxu, Canadan and others who made him feel in the group on and off of the golf course.

Thanks for a great couple of days so far and the competition starts tomorrow!!! Get some rest for an early day!
I love this post. Really solid stuff. Great job guys.

Captains speech!

6a2ujabe.jpg

Is anyone going to top David's speech this year?

Captains gift to all us MCers. Pretty awesome...

usa7ugaj.jpg

Proud to be rocking this hat all weekend. There is such an outstanding group of people here and I can't wait to watch some golf tomorrow!
Man, I hope you're having a fantastic weekend, buddy. Good job.

Thainer, that was a tremendous post earlier. Way to go THP.

Gentlemen,
Its here. You have (or are about to) arrived in Myrtle Beach for the event you have been preparing for the last 7 months. The next few days are going to go by rather fast, but just remember the journey. Nobody can ever take these memories away from you.

When the final putt drops on Sunday and the last bottle of champagne has been popped, you can hold your head up high knowing that you were just part of something special. Less than 100 people in the world have ever been a part of something like this and you are in that fraternity. Wherever the future takes you, you will always be part of this special weekend that is about to unfold.

Give yourself a round of applause and hold your head up high knowing you did the best you could do. The next few days are going to show you what the planning has been about, what the practice has been for and why we call this the Ultimate Amateur Golf Event.

When you step out on the first tee on Saturday morning listen to the light sounds of the birds chip, the grass that still shows drops of dew and the sun that is still glowing as it prepares to fully come out. You are here. You are a rock star. This is the EFFIN BIG SHOW! This is not about us, but about you. Embrace the moment. Cherish it. Hold it tight. And before its gone, lock it into your memory. You are here because you earned the right to be here!

THE 2013 MORGAN CUP is about to begin. Enjoy the ride boys!

That gave me goosebumps! Can't wait to follow the MC this weekend!

Captains gift to all us MCers. Pretty awesome...

usa7ugaj.jpg

Totally unnecessary but will get some great use!
qu4arasy.jpg

I wish Siri could speak for me!

Great stuff today fellas! Looks like you guys are having a blast and I'm jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! GO TEAM ALBATROSS !!!

When some of you guys get back to Florida lets get some practice rounds in for Vegas ! :))

Why am I always in a headlock? :(

Great stuff today guys.

Thanier awesome post about your dad and your classy playing partners.

I don't know what went into the selection process, but it's obvious that JB and Morgan could not have picked 32 classier guys (I know 8 were auto invites for winning 2012) but they have shown they are the definition of Champions in more than one way.

Good luck tomorrow, but more importantly have fun.

Captains gift packed, attached, and ready for battle!

umy6yner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back