2013 Callaway X-Forged Irons Preview

Looks like cally is bumping up the price to $1000 for these bad boys.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

ouch! Where did you see that? I assume that's for 3-PW?

Thousand bucks for a forged plyaers iron 8 sticks thats a little less than I thought wonder if that will be the Canadian price as well.

Those are one HAWT set of irons....too bad I am not good enough to play em.

#drool!

Looks like GrantD is going to get his Christmas present on January 25. These irons will be in my bag.

Tapatalkin

Looks like GrantD is going to get his Christmas present on January 25. These irons will be in my bag.

Tapatalkin

I like it....going to go the 3-8 route and work them into the scor's?

What is a CG height progression? Sorry of that's a dumb question

I like it....going to go the 3-8 route and work them into the scor's?

Not totally sure dude. I would most likely pick up the 3-PW and see how that works out. I don't ever plan on selling my SCORs though. I love to have options.

Tapatalkin

What is a CG height progression? Sorry of that's a dumb question

The center of gravity is placed at increasingly high spots in the irons. Lower irons have the CG lower, which helps the ball launch higher. The opposite is true for the scoring irons. It's a way to manipulate ball flight.

The center of gravity is placed at increasingly high spots in the irons. Lower irons have the CG lower, which helps the ball launch higher. The opposite is true for the scoring irons. It's a way to manipulate ball flight.

Thanks Hawk

Not totally sure dude. I would most likely pick up the 3-PW and see how that works out. I don't ever plan on selling my SCORs though. I love to have options.

Tapatalkin

Sounds like a good idea to me, im looking forward to trying these things out. Had a chance to hit the MB's a few weeks back and man those things felt amazing

That cold water $1K shower just hurt. Still pretty though

That was the price of the current x forged when they were released

That cold water $1K shower just hurt. Still pretty though
I know that's right. Sexy comes with a price. Although seems to be the going rate fir the upper level clubs. Still sting like a rat tail on a speedo. Sorry for the visual lol

I know that's right. Sexy comes with a price. Although seems to be the going rate fir the upper level clubs. Still sting like a rat tail on a speedo. Sorry for the visual lol

OG is that you?

$1K is a small price to pay for sexy awesomeness

OG is that you?

$1K is a small price to pay for sexy awesomeness
Having never met OG, and based on what I've seen from and about him. It's a compliment

Also loving the fact that Callaway put this out the same day TM released info on their new line

Also loving the fact that Callaway put this out the same day TM released info on their new line

I like that too. And cally's irons look 10x better.

Wow! Now these are some beautiful irons.

I, like others, keep coming back to look at these pics. This really makes me wonder how cheap the previous Razr Forged will be over the winter. I spent some time with those and while I wouldn't give them the term 'forgiving', they were fairly easy to hit for the category they are in...

The more I read about these irons, the more I like them. The look is supposed to be right between the 2012 Razr X-Forged and Razr X-MB's. One thing that always stuck out to me on the 2012 version was the higher heel section, where it meets the hosel. I was always thrown off by that. These are supposed to have a lower heel section and shorter overall blade. I really cant wait to see these in person and give them a swing with the PXi shafts.

These are sharp looking irons for sure. Cally has really come out with some show nuff pretty stuff these days!

Last edited:
Back