Search results for query: *

1. mts25

Superstroke 3.0 style grip but softer and more sticky like a Winn?

I wasn't sure if Superstroke had a patent on their grip design or not. I really like their 3.0 size and design (non-taper), but I don't love the feel of it. I would love to find something with the same design but with more of a grippy, Winn brand putter grip feel to it. I've not seen anything...
  2. mts25

Reynolds Plantation

Who has played there? I have a buddies trip coming up this month. Looks like we are playing the following: The Creek Club The Oconee The National Great Waters Cuscowilla (non Reynolds) The Landing I've heard really good things about The Creek Club and Cuscowilla. I've not heard much about...
  3. mts25

For Sale Cobalt Q6 Slope rangefinder

I won one of these in a tournament and don't need two. I've had this unit since last fall. It's in perfect working order and comes with everything it came with originally. $295 shipped
  4. mts25

Tobacco Rd - Mid Pines - Pine Needles - Southern Pines (long with pics)

I know those courses are quite popular, but I just got back from playing them for the first time with a couple buddies and thought I would post some feedback on them. First, it was really enjoyable to play there. My group (just 3 of us this time) really enjoyed the experience. We each ranked...
  5. mts25

UST iron shaft recommendation

I'm currently playing the Recoil 95 F4's and like the feel of them (moved to graphite last year after starting to have elbow pain). I would like to tighten up my iron dispersion. Driver swing speed in the 105-110 range, 7 iron in the upper 80's with a pretty smooth transition. I'm thinking...
  6. mts25

Golf in Raleigh NC

I'm heading there on business and may be able to squeeze in a round or two. What are the top courses down there I can get access to (in or really close to Raleigh.......won't have time to drive down to the Pinehurst area this trip)?
  7. mts25

For Sale Callaway Paradym 9.0

Callaway Paradym 9.0 with Hzrdus Silver 6.0 shaft. I got this driver new from Callaway and it's been in a steel cage death match for the driver spot in my bag this year. It lost and is looking for a new home. It's in pretty pristine condition. It's about 3 weeks old and has been hit mostly...
  8. mts25

If only I had all this tech when I was younger

I got a GC2 launch monitor / simulator in Nov/December 2021 (Foresight Sports). My main justification was that I was getting older. I get "winter" in my part of the country and it was getting tougher to recover from the 4+ month winter layoff each year. Once I got the GC2, I enjoyed playing...
  9. mts25

For Sale Edel SMS Wedges

sold
  10. mts25

For Sale Edel SMS irons 5-GW

Edel SMS irons 5-GW. Steelfiber i95 R shafts. These clubs are 1 degree upright and 1 degree strong. They are in excellent condition. I picked these up to try and really like them, but I want a set of the SMS Pro's so I am letting these go. $895 + $20 shipping
  11. mts25

UST Recoil 95 & 110's vs Aerotech Steelfiber

I've hit he UST Recoils in those weights and really like them. They've taken some impact stress off my elbow and they feel very smooth and solid to me. I'm potentially looking at a different set of irons and I can't get the Recoil's in those irons, but they do offer the Aerotech's. For those...
  12. mts25

First re-shaft - Is it normal to have this much variance?

I did my first club re-shaft about a month ago. I've been very pleased with the result, but did have a question for those that re-shaft regularly. I went from steel shafts to Recoil 110 F4 graphite. When I pulled the heads, I noticed there were some shaft weight plugs at the bottom of a few...
  13. mts25

Armlock without the armlock?

I've always been a pretty good putter, but it's sort of gone off the rails this season for whatever reason. I still have very few to no 3 putts, but my make % outside 8 ft. has dropped dramatically. I tried tinkering with a few different putters with no luck. I recently tried a couple arm...
  14. mts25

Golf in New Mexico - Albuquerque / Santa Fe

Anyone played/play there? I'm always looking for off the beaten path golf trips and I've never been to New Mexico before. Paako Ridge looks pretty nice. What are the other top courses in the area? Budget is not a primary concern.
  15. mts25

Southern Pines, NC - Course suggestions

I've been to Pinehurst and played all those courses. This time I'd like to try some others in the area. Tobacco Road and Pine Needles are on the list. What are a few other really good ones in the area?
  16. mts25

For Sale Callaway Apex 21 DCB - 5 and 6 iron - True Temper Elevate 85 Stiff

Callaway Apex 21 DCB - 5 and 6 iron, lightly used in good shape. I got these earlier this year to pair with my Apex 21's replacing the 5 and 6 iron in that set. These are a bit easier to hit. They are bigger, but it's hard to tell these from the standard Apex 21's at address. This is...
  17. mts25

Graphite iron shaft lengths

I've never played a graphite iron shaft before. However, I'm starting to have some elbow issues and I'd like to try some graphite iron shafts to see if that helps. I don't care anything about extra distance with lighter weight, etc. It's purely to try to reduce impact vibrations, etc. I've...
  18. mts25

Cabot Cliffs help

Planning way ahead, but it seems to be a need to do so these days. My group is headed to Cabot in 2023 and I'll be booking in a month or so. For those that have been there, any tips before I book? We will be playing 36 a day. One initial question, is there any decent lodging somewhat close...
  19. mts25

It's official.....first time with the yips in almost 42 years of playing golf - UGH!!

Luckily it's a very specific shot only. That 10-20yrd pitch shot off a tight lie when you have to get the ball up quickly. I'm now officially flinching regularly at impact and regularly chunking or blading those shots. If I can hit it low I'm fine, if it's shorter I'm fine, if it's longer I'm...
Back