Southern Pines, NC - Course suggestions

mts25

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been to Pinehurst and played all those courses. This time I'd like to try some others in the area. Tobacco Road and Pine Needles are on the list. What are a few other really good ones in the area?

I've been to Pinehurst and played all those courses. This time I'd like to try some others in the area. Tobacco Road and Pine Needles are on the list. What are a few other really good ones in the area?
Mid Pines and Talamore are right there as well.

Tobacco Road is a must play and Mid Pines is extraordinary. Might also be worth checking out Southern Pines since they just completed their restoration last year

Dormie Club if you can get on.

hosting multiple THP events there this year and it’s amazing

Dormie Club if you can get on.

hosting multiple THP events there this year and it’s amazing
Does Dormie club still allow you to get on if you stay at Pine Crest Inn?

Does Dormie club still allow you to get on if you stay at Pine Crest Inn?
I don't believe so, since they have gone full private, but its worth exploring.

I know you said not Pinehurst, but I truly enjoyed #7.

Mid Pines is MUST PLAY. I’ve always really liked Legacy too.

Longleaf and The Legacy (for budget) Pine Needles, Mid-Pines and Southern Pines for bucket list

Tobacco Road and Pine Needles were both already on my list but it sounds like there are so many good courses in that area. We've just acquired a company in Raleigh and it looks like it's only about an hour +/- to get to a lot of those courses from Raleigh. I'm planning to tack a day or two onto the front or back of my visits to Raleigh over the next year or so and play as many of the top ones as I can. Thx!

Please post updates on where you go and the courses! A group of us are heading to that area for the Budget Championship!

Two 18s over at Carolina Trace are
Also nice.

Back