Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys, looks like a Phils vs. Yanks rematch is destined. Let's show them what our three-headed monster can do in the NLCS. Hamels looked great. Anyone who wanted to trade him to keep Lee, needs to just realize they were wrong. HE is the future of the Phils.

I disagree. I believe lee is much stronger between the ears. And doc? Well he's just doc lol

*channeling Lee Corso*

Not so fast my friend...since Texas spit the bit against the Rays at home and now have to play a game 5 where Lee is going to pitch, that means he might not be ready to pitch against the Yanks (assuming Texas wins) until Game 3 of the ALDS witht he way the rotation is going to be.. The Yanks are resting their old bones now and if Petitte continues his fountain of youth movement, the Rangers could easily be down 2-0 before Lee takes the mound.
I disagree. I believe lee is much stronger between the ears. And doc? Well he's just doc lol

So who do the Royals play in the World Series? :dohanim:

*channeling Lee Corso*

Not so fast my friend...since Texas spit the bit against the Rays at home and now have to play a game 5 where Lee is going to pitch, that means he might not be ready to pitch against the Yanks (assuming Texas wins) until Game 3 of the ALDS witht he way the rotation is going to be.. The Yanks are resting their old bones now and if Petitte continues his fountain of youth movement, the Rangers could easily be down 2-0 before Lee takes the mound.

I bet Lee will pitch Game 2. He could even pitch Game 1, It would be 3 days rest but I dont think they will pitch him that soon though, depending on what happens in the game tuesday. Because he pitches game 3 that would be almost a full week rest. I think he will pitch Game 1/5 or games 2/6 against the Yankees (assuming TX wins tomorrow.) First 2 games would be at home for TX then next 3 at NY then final 2 at TX.

I think the Rangers are in trouble. It should have never gone back to Tampa. Rays got all the momentum now.

*channeling Lee Corso*

I agree with everything you said here lol. I just think lee is stronger than hamels.

Lee has never pitched on 3 days rest so I doubt he would pitch game 1. I would expect him to pitch game 3 and 7. If they win.

I am interested to see if the Yankees will use Burnett in game 4 or do they go Sabathia on 3 days rest. I would go CC, Pettite, Hughes, CC, Burnett, Pettite, CC. I don't think they will want to throw Hughes on 3 days rest. Which is why I think they will give Burnett game 5. CC on 3 days rest for game 4 and 7. Pettite on full rest for game 6.

I agree with everything you said here lol. I just think lee is stronger than hamels.

Lee was gone after this year, so the argument isn't for Lee or Hamels for 3 years, its for Lee for 1 year or Hamels for 3 years. Also, Hamels has more upside than Lee. Lee has already peaked, and ask Phils fans, he will NEVER pitch on 3 days rest. That is what I truly believe is the reason he was shipped off. His unwillingness to take the ball on short rest when his team needed him most. By the way, it will be a Rays vs. Yanks ALCS. Calling it now. Rangers lost all momentum losing two at home.

Great point. And Id take Hamels for 3. Didnt know that was the case.
Lee was gone after this year, so the argument isn't for Lee or Hamels for 3 years, its for Lee for 1 year or Hamels for 3 years. Also, Hamels has more upside than Lee. Lee has already peaked, and ask Phils fans, he will NEVER pitch on 3 days rest. That is what I truly believe is the reason he was shipped off. His unwillingness to take the ball on short rest when his team needed him most. By the way, it will be a Rays vs. Yanks ALCS. Calling it now. Rangers lost all momentum losing two at home.

Good aggressive base running....someone might wanna let the Rays know the game started.

haha yeah I was thinking the same thing. Cruz caught them sleeping again

If he would have freakin ran he would have been on third anyways, but I will take the run lol

Yeah he was staring at his hone-run but it didnt go out haha oops better start running

I love how Lee gets ahead in the count. He always throws that first pitch strike, helps him out a ton.

Congrats Bridges!! You guys sucked it up and pulled it out when you needed to. Winning 3 in TB is not the way I would of thought it was going to go. Hope the Yankees have a good series with the Rangers.

Congrats Bridges!! You guys sucked it up and pulled it out when you needed to. Winning 3 in TB is not the way I would of thought it was going to go. Hope the Yankees have a good series with the Rangers.

Thanks man, Im pumped! I also get to buy another shirt! haha Been waiting for a rangers playoff win for a long long time. I have been to probably 60-70 games in my life and this is awesome to see!

Going to go on record and say something here. Cliff Lee will be with the Rangers next year. If they beat the Yankees in this series then I think that just puts the nail in the coffin in him coming back.

Last edited:
Thanks man, Im pumped! I also get to buy another shirt! haha Been waiting for a rangers playoff win for a long long time. I have been to probably 60-70 games in my life and this is awesome to see!

I hope the rangers beat the yanks for ya bridges. I cant wait to see someone as excited as you get DOC'd. Then Hamel'd. Then beat Oswalt, for Doc to bring it all home.

Going to go on record and say something here. Cliff Lee will be with the Rangers next year. If they beat the Yankees in this series then I think that just puts the nail in the coffin in him coming back.

He would sure look pretty in Yankee pinstripes too :D

I hope the rangers beat the yanks for ya bridges. I cant wait to see someone as excited as you get DOC'd. Then Hamel'd. Then beat Oswalt, for Doc to bring it all home.

Dude, you're from canada, all you know is hockey, be quiet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back