Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are done but I wouldnt say Shields is one of their two best pitchers. I would of started Garza and Niemann ahead of him.

Big game James did not have a great year 13-15 with an era over 5

Yep and I forgot to add Wade Davis to that mix. I would of gone Garza game 2 and Davis game 3.

Exactly...and if the Rays win game 3 do you start Price again after he got rocked in game 1? Not sure if I would or not.

Exactly...and if the Rays win game 3 do you start Price again after he got rocked in game 1? Not sure if I would or not.

I think I would have taken him out of the game earlier yesterday and had someone go in a mop up for him. That way if he leaves the game after 5 innings and 70 pitches then you may have an easier time bringing him back. As a Yankee fan I've seen it both ways. Last year everyone pitched on 3 days rest for the most part and were ok. In 2006 Joe Torre went with Jarret Wright instead of throwing Chien Ming Wang(ace at the time) on 3 days rest. Wright got bombed and that was the end of the series. In 2007 he pitched Wang on 3 days rest and he got bombed and that was the end of the series.

I would say on the road I would start him. I would rather have him over Wade Davis or Neimann. It will be interesting to see what he does if it gets to that point

Yankees are up in the series 2-0 and heading home. Imagine the home teams are 0-4 so far in the ALDS

The Freak is mowing down my Braves. 5 K's in 2 innings.

Man, Lincecum looked crazy good tonight.

Crazy win by the Braves last night...... Evened up the series..... Back to Atlanta..

Phils took the Reds' best punch last night and still beat them. Phils up 2-0.....thanks for playing Cincy, have fun watching the Bengals now

Rangers up two zip and looking to rock Big Game James today. But I cant say have fun watching the Bucs with a straight face....lol

Edit, its Garza not Shields today

Last edited:
1-0 Rangers, bottom of 3rd!

Got my broom ready.

Spoiler
400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

1-1 Bottom of the 7th. I like the Rangers chances, I think they come up with the big hit here soon!

Phils took the Reds' best punch last night and still beat them. Phils up 2-0.....thanks for playing Cincy, have fun watching the Bengals now

Yeah they were gifted that game but you need some of those. Steady the course. Go Phils!

Crap TB takes the lead on a 2 out hit. 3-2 bottom of 8th.

Edit: Crawford hit a homerun to put the rays up by 2. 4-2 top of 9

Last edited:
Cliff Lee getting up? Must be his Bullpen day.

Well thats the ball game, 6-3 Rays. Hopefully the Rangers get the Win in game 4.

Pena had a very good game tonight.

Yankees up 4-0. Looks like they may be moving on...only bottom of the 4th though

Please tell me you know his name? lol

I know it now but I didn't when I posted this. I don't watch baseball much until post season and Lee wasn't even on the team then. The Ranger's don't usually make it to the playoffs hehe

I know it now but I didn't when I posted this. I don't watch baseball much until post season and Lee wasn't even on the team then. The Ranger's don't usually make it to the playoffs hehe

How about Cliff Lee pitching for the philles last year in the playoffs? He has been with the Rangers since the all star break this year. Easily one of the top pitchers in baseball today.

I think Gardenhire is a very good manager, but do you think the Twins woud consider replacing him? I mean they aren't the small market twins anymore,payroll is over 100 million this season. He's had them to the playoffs 6 times in the last 10 years. They have only advanced past the first round 1 time. I don't think it will happen, but maybe it should be up for discussion.

I think Gardenhire is a very good manager, but do you think the Twins woud consider replacing him? I mean they aren't the small market twins anymore,payroll is over 100 million this season. He's had them to the playoffs 6 times in the last 10 years. They have only advanced past the first round 1 time. I don't think it will happen, but maybe it should be up for discussion.

They are kind of like the Braves with Bobby Cox. Always got to the playoffs but rarely to the big game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back