California Golf Outting?

Yeah, $218 for the South Course for non-SD residents. I think the North Course is only $119 for non residents. (weekend rates) So if we had only one SD resident come with us, do we all get the resident rates?

SD is quite a drive for me, being north of LA. I would hesitate to drive there myself unless my wife and I were making it a vacation, but who knows, maybe I can convince her to come along and make a weekend out of it. (She thinks golf is stupid)

Yeah a good example might be Blythe California. Tucson 274 miles, Vegas 210 miles, and LA is 222 miles from there. Just as an example is why I use Blythe. I don't know anything about the place. I have driven through there a couple of times, and saw a golf course. Food for thought for future reference. :D

Blythe is in the middle of nowhere, LOL....

Yeah, $218 for the South Course for non-SD residents. I think the North Course is only $119 for non residents. (weekend rates) So if we had only one SD resident come with us, do we all get the resident rates?

SD is quite a drive for me, being north of LA. I would hesitate to drive there myself unless my wife and I were making it a vacation, but who knows, maybe I can convince her to come along and make a weekend out of it. (She thinks golf is stupid)

She can hang out with me :D About the resident's rate thing, I have no idea haa haa

I have golfed many times on courses in the middle of no where. :banana:

And they probably treated you well, the course was well maintained, and the rates were low.

Another option would be for me to bring you all on-base up here at Edwards. They have a nice golf course, and it's NEVER busy. It's also very cheap, about $20-30 gets you a weekend round and cart.

Another option would be for me to bring you all on-base up here at Edwards. They have a nice golf course, and it's NEVER busy. It's also very cheap, about $20-30 gets you a weekend round and cart.

Very cool :)

If you get lucky, you might see an F-22 or B-2 over your head while you play. But really, it would be a good option if we have more than one foursome. They dont even have tee times on the weekends, just show up and play.

If you get lucky, you might see an F-22 or B-2 over your head while you play. But really, it would be a good option if we have more than one foursome. They dont even have tee times on the weekends, just show up and play.

Can we play any weekend? Regardless if its a get-together or anything?!?

Re: California Golf Outting?

sacul1573 said:

That's only about an hour from me here in ridgecrest. And at our course you could see the same thing and maybe even an f18/g flying over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as courses east there are PLENTY in palm springs, inland empire , and that general area we can choose from. I also have no problem going up to Vegas or out to Phoenix if that works also

As for San Diego I also know a few nice courses down there some challanging some moderate...

In case I have not made it clear by now I to will travel wereever need be to play golf with the fine people at THP :D:D

That's only about an hour from me here in ridgecrest. And at our course you could see the same thing and maybe even an f18/g flying over.

Carpool anyone?!?!? :banana::banana:

As far as courses east there are PLENTY in palm springs, inland empire , and that general area we can choose from. I also have no problem going up to Vegas or out to Phoenix if that works also

As for San Diego I also know a few nice courses down there some challanging some moderate...

In case I have not made it clear by now I to will travel wereever need be to play golf with the fine people at THP :D:D

You'll come to see me WR???

Muroc Golf Course? I will be at Edwards within the next couple of months for a flight test program. I have played Muroc a few times. I will look you up when I find out when work sends me down.

I have extra packs of Tomahawk Tees that I can give away as prizes too for the 13th!

Missed a couple days of this thread and now looks like we have 3 or 4 outings planned haha. I'm glad this took off and can't wait tell the 13th.

Golfchick - more great little prizes to make Saturday even more fun. Thanks for adding those to the prize pool.

So are we confirming Pacific Palms for the 12th and Birch for the 13th? Do we have any firm #'s fr both days?

For the most part, yes they did treat us well, $10-$20 green fees, and the courses were in decent shape. :clapp:
And they probably treated you well, the course was well maintained, and the rates were low.

Prize Pool? I must have missed that post. Good idea. I have some new stuff still boxed up I can donate. Nothing fancy of course, but very usable.
I have extra packs of Tomahawk Tees that I can give away as prizes too for the 13th!

Yeah no big prizes just some small items to have for little contests like longest drive, closest to the pin etc.

So far we have:

Golfchick - tomahawk tees

Me - double dozen Nike mojo balls, custom knit headcovers made by my mother (you pick colors) and xl ashworth golf polo

My wife, and our two oldest grand daughters will be doing the D-Land thing while I am hanging out with you golfing folks. Bought a room for a few nights across the street from the place. Since I will have the vehicle, we figured some where with in walking distance to the park would work better. Both youngsters are on quad break that week, which worked out well. At any rate, we have carved the weekend in stone. See you all next month, on that Saturday at Brea. :clapp:

Sounds great I'm really looking forward to it.

As you can tell I'm a little bored this morning haha. Been posting all morning waiting for my gf to get out of bed. She's not much of a morning person.

Missed a couple days of this thread and now looks like we have 3 or 4 outings planned haha. I'm glad this took off and can't wait tell the 13th.

Golfchick - more great little prizes to make Saturday even more fun. Thanks for adding those to the prize pool.

So are we confirming Pacific Palms for the 12th and Birch for the 13th? Do we have any firm #'s fr both days?

4 so far for Friday and 13 or 14 for Saturday so far

Back