California Golf Outting?

dzdncfsd

Reaction score
Handicap
OK so we west coasters are going to have a little golf get together.

So far the date selected: Feb 13th, 2010

Below you will see a list of members who have showed interest in joining us for the first THP West Coast Hacker Fest!!

Everyone is welcome to join as this is not a THP event but rather a bunch of people from the site that want to get together and do some golfing. All skill levels are welcome to join and if you plan on bringing a friend let us know so I can keep track of a head count. Also if your planning to make it out please post your general location so that we can take that into account when selecting the course. Once we have a course or general area selected I'll try to call some courses and see if they can get us a group rate going.

Now the difficult decision is where do we play? It would be great to find a location somewhere in the middle so that its more convenient for everyone. Also lets try to keep this on the lower end of the cost spectrum so that its open to more people.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those Interested:

Member: Golf Chick +1

Member: dzdncfsd (Maybe +1)

Member: sacul1573
Member: White Rhino

Member: bonknhead
Member: clg82 +1

Member: Provisional
Member: C-Tech

--------------------------------------------
Now that we have the date chosen its time to select courses. If you have any additional courses you would like to recommend please post.

Birch Hills Golf - Brea, CA
Birch Hills Golf Course -- Brea, California -- Managed by Billy Casper Golf
18 holes - 33.50 Twilight - 25.50
Cart - 11.50

Green River
They have 2 courses. One with a par of 71 and the other with 73.
Green River Golf Club : 18-hole Golf Club facility in Corona, California
Weekends $40.00 or $52.00 with cart

Costa Mesa Country Club
Costa Mesa Country Club
Los Lagos Course = Par 72 rating $43.00
Mesa Linda Course = Par 70 $34.00

Last edited:
Its supposed to rain :(

But let me know ahead of time and maybe I can be sick that day :D but definitely can do the weekends :good:

You are correct. I just checked the weather forecast for next week and it looks like Sunny or Cloudy through SUnday then Monday through Friday of next week is all rain.

Ok well I'm available the week after as well haha.

Its supposed to rain :(

But let me know ahead of time and maybe I can be sick that day :D but definitely can do the weekends :good:
Hopefully your boss is not a lurker on the site. :D

I would love to get together also... I would suggest perhaps a course like Birch in Brea. It is a par 59 executive course with some par 4s and a bunch of par 3s so it is not too challanging for the high handicaps and might be fun for the lower guys and gals as well. Of course if someone wants to suggest somplace else that works also. Just tell me where and when and I will be there :alien2:

I'd like to join you folks! But sadly I won't be in SoCal until the first week of August. Can you wait that long, or have another outing then?

I'd like to join you folks! But sadly I won't be in SoCal until the first week of August. Can you wait that long, or have another outing then?

We can have another one then!! It'd be nice and toasty warm by then!! Just don't forget my birthday present when you come :D

I would love to get together also... I would suggest perhaps a course like Birch in Brea. It is a par 59 executive course with some par 4s and a bunch of par 3s so it is not too challanging for the high handicaps and might be fun for the lower guys and gals as well. Of course if someone wants to suggest somplace else that works also. Just tell me where and when and I will be there :alien2:

Count me in! I'm willing to drive a distance as well.......

Birch works for me as well.

My parents live in the community it borders so I've driven by it for years and have never had the chance to play. Also being that its a cheap course to play would give more people the opportunity to go.

Birch works for me as well.

My parents live in the community it borders so I've driven by it for years and have never had the chance to play. Also being that its a cheap course to play would give more people the opportunity to go.

Is it just off the 57? What's the price? Can a newbie like me play?

We can have another one then!! It'd be nice and toasty warm by then!! Just don't forget my birthday present when you come :D

It's a deal, especially if you arrange another outing then. I'm actually attending a surprise birthday for my mom so it'll be a great time. We'll be down there for a whole week - hopefully my wife lets me sneak away for a few hours...

sounds like we are getting a good group going awesome!!! Let's see where everyone lives then we can pick a course sort of in the middle so no one has to drive that much.

Good idea have everyone post the general area and we can try to find something in the middle.

Golfchick - Birch Hills is 33.50 on the weekends based on their site.

I was actually getting this course confused with Brea Creek GC. Haven't played either actually but like I mentioned earlier I dont care where we go. Just fun to get out and play some golf.

Good idea have everyone post the general area and we can try to find something in the middle.

Golfchick - Birch Hills is 33.50 on the weekends based on their site.

I was actually getting this course confused with Brea Creek GC. Haven't played either actually but like I mentioned earlier I dont care where we go. Just fun to get out and play some golf.

Does that price include a cool handy dandy GPS golf cart? :confused2:

San Dimas is a big course with those handy dandy GPS golf carts and Scholl Canyon is nice and inexpensive, but its hard!!

I am about 280 miles from Disneyland, and I would need a few days advanced notice. My wife has a schedule...I don't. I don't think I could make any Wednesday-Friday dates as that 's when I am a little busy here. When I do go to that part of California, I usually stay in New Port Beach near the pier. How's that for a general comment...lol:clapp:

I am about 280 miles from Disneyland, and I would need a few days advanced notice. My wife has a schedule...I don't. I don't think I could make any Wednesday-Friday dates as that 's when I am a little busy here. When I do go to that part of California, I usually stay in New Port Beach near the pier. How's that for a general comment...lol:clapp:

Cool! We'll count you in :good:

Count me in! Im about 50 minutes north of LA, but it's usually sunny up here, even when LA is rainy... like today!

WhooHoo :clapp: we're getting a lot of interested people for an unknown date :)

Since it sounds like several people are interested I updated the original post to get people to post more information.

I'll try to keep the main post updated with people interested and their information they post so we can keep this somewhat organized.

Welll, I live near Pasadena and can probably do this only on weekends and holidays; given plenty of notice, I possibly can perhaps can do it during the week but would need to plan well in advance.

I'm located in Ridgecrest.....and am willing to drive ....and I would prefer the weekends...I also get every other friday off and holidays as well.....Just let me know and i'll go!

I live in San Gabriel Valley but willing to drive to event. Weekend are best but also could do during week.

Cart is an additional 11.50 for 18

Rates

Back