The Fitness & Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go Kelly! I bet you'd be a fun dude to throw kegs with. I'm heading there at 11. Got a nice little playlist myself my friend.

Throwing Kegs

Hell yeah i'm fun to throw kegs with. I used to work out with a friend and it was always a good workout. Spotting each other pushing each other to do one more rep. Can't listen to your playlist at work but i will when i get home

Gangnam Style is probably the ultimate Kegthrowing tune.

Hehehe :p They played it today at my gym. Feels more like i want to burst out laughing :)

Good pumphouse music beside Rammstein.

In Flames (especially their album "A sense of purpose")
Clawfinger's album Zeroes & Heroes
Slipknot's album Iowa
Lok's album Naken, Blästrad och skitsur (an old swedish band with great music. Unfortunately they sing in Swedish, but i would suggest you tried it out anyway :))

Hehehe :p They played it today at my gym. Feels more like i want to burst out laughing :)

Good pumphouse music beside Rammstein.

In Flames (especially their album "A sense of purpose")
Clawfinger's album Zeroes & Heroes
Slipknot's album Iowa
Lok's album Naken, Blästrad och skitsur (an old swedish band with great music. Unfortunately they sing in Swedish, but i would suggest you tried it out anyway :))

You not a Rammstein fan !!!!

Just got home from an insane shoulders / triceps workout.

Started out with 5 sets of military presses, then followed that up with 4 drop set Arnold presses at a new pb 45lbs dumbbells (switched between 45lbs, 40lbs, 30lbs). After that it was time for lateral raises and i barely could finish all my sets with 17,5lbs dumbbells. Soo sore. Then barbell shruggs with a "squeezing". Read a nice article about improve your hypertrofy by holding the squeeze at the top of the exercise for a few seconds. I had to go down rather much in my weights to complete the shrugg sets, but it felt good and varied the workout a bit.
For triceps i did my tricep pulldowns, skullcrushers and over head tricep extensions. Drop set the lot and got a great pump! Very satisfied with todays workout

I need me some more heavy metal in my pump house mixes. Sometimes techno isn't quite angry enough.

Ab ripper and some body weight stuff last night. Feeling nice and tight this morning.

If you want some serious **** i would suggest Cannibal Corpse. But from what i've seen they have really few songs on Spotify.

My tri's and bi's are DEAD from yesterday. Its that lactic acid build up and soreness in the pits of my elbows, its a hurt so good thing for sure.

My tri's and bi's are DEAD from yesterday. Its that lactic acid build up and soreness in the pits of my elbows, its a hurt so good thing for sure.

That's when you know you have done something right! :)

That's when you know you have done something right! :)

For sure, I'm really enjoying lifting again, alot.

Plus, I burnt 1,000 calories in an hour yesterday, hell yes.

For sure, I'm really enjoying lifting again, alot.

Plus, I burnt 1,000 calories in an hour yesterday, hell yes.

Good for you :) Once you're hooked it's hard to stop!

nice :)

It was chest, shoulders, tri last night. Got to say I struggled slightly, but I get such a good pump from throwing a few kegs and quickly burning out with push ups, then hitting straight back on the kegs. Feels good! Had to push myself with the thought that I'll be slacking over the next few days.

It was chest, shoulders, tri last night. Got to say I struggled slightly, but I get such a good pump from throwing a few kegs and quickly burning out with push ups, then hitting straight back on the kegs. Feels good! Had to push myself with the thought that I'll be slacking over the next few days.

No slacking! :D But nice that you got the pump! :p
the-pump.jpg

No slacking! :D But nice that you got the pump! :p
the-pump.jpg

That's exactly what I look like, with better hair.

Ok, might have a slight hangover but I'm gonna do this. Lots of Ryder Cup frustration to get out. Let's throw some kegs till we feel better!

Hey everyone, I think this is a great thread about fitness but I am not sure everyone viewing it would know what it's about based on it's title so I am going to change the name to The Fitness & Workout Thread.

Well, this thread was about weight lifting. Throwing kegs = weight lifting. It wasn't about fitness in general as we already have those threads. This one was specific to weight lifting.

That's exactly what I look like, with better hair.

Ok, might have a slight hangover but I'm gonna do this. Lots of Ryder Cup frustration to get out. Let's throw some kegs till we feel better!

Of course you do! :)

Leg day today. New personal best on my squats. Felt really really good today. First a warm up set at 187lbs then i pulled off 5 sets at 10,10,9,9,9 reps at 200. Next week i'm going to increase a bit more since it felt so good today!

Nice Flix! Congrats, keep it up.

I'm not particularly looking forward to tonight's kegfest, what with this hangover lingering. It always goes one way or the other. One, I could struggle and feel terrible. Or my optimistic side thinks I might sweat it out and enjoy the process.

I haven't been in here in a few days but I lifted chest on Thursday, legs on Saturday and back/bi's yesterday. I had some pent up aggression on Thursday before I went to the gym which is always good on chest day. I started out on flat bench and warmed up with 10 reps at 135, 10 at 225, 5 at 275, 5 at 315, and then set a new PR at 365. The guy I'm working out with is a huge stickler for volume so we then dropped to 225 and did 5 sets of 10. I'm still extremely sore from that. Saturday and Sunday were pretty intense as well. I think today will be a recovery day.

Dang dude, that's some wicked weight you're throwing up. I like it. 5 sets of 10 at 225 is nasty.

I haven't maxed out or even tried since about 2002.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I know it sounds crazy, but for me, lifting heavy is the ultimate adrenaline rush. I was playing in a golf tournament on Saturday morning and a conversation about lifting came up between my playing partners. One guy who I used to workout with some said that he quit going to the gym because he felt his chest was getting too big. Another said that he wanted to "tone up" some and not get any bigger really but because of that he's stayed away from the gym and from lifting. I just don't understand that philosophy. I don't want to be Phil Heath or anything like that, but I like lifting heavy and being bigger personally.

From my point of view, almost anyone can be an accountant or play golf or do any number of other things that I do. It takes a certain personality trait to push yourself to the limit and lift as heavy as you can, and I pride myself in knowing that I have something in me that not everyone does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back