The Fitness & Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks TC & Paulo, thanks for reading :)

I know I struggled a long time, and it's awesome if I can inspire some one to keep on going.

Rare afternoon workout for me today. Left work early to play golf, but got rained out, so went to the gym instead.

Hit the shoulders and tri's today. Felt like I was going to black out by the time I was done.

Thanks TC & Paulo, thanks for reading :)

I know I struggled a long time, and it's awesome if I can inspire some one to keep on going.

That's the beauty of this thread man, we all inspire each other!

I love the "almost make myself pass out" workouts War. Good job dude!

Power clean night. Dumbbell flys and dumbbell flat bench. And then cleans. So excited to feel like death later on.

That's the beauty of this thread man, we all inspire each other!

I love the "almost make myself pass out" workouts War. Good job dude!
Me too dude. Such a random workout too. I wasnt going back to work, didnt feel like going home, nothing else to do? Throw some weight around.

Tonight:

Flat bench dumbbell butterfly curls superseted with alternating dumbbell bench press 3 sets X 12 reps.

Barbell power cleans 1x10 1x8 1x6 2x3 2x8 2x10

Medicine ball floor wipers 6x10

Now I'm going to go throw up.

So today I calculated my BMI, it's at 24.4 at the moment, .6 away from being overweight. I need to gain muscle and lose a little fat on my love handles.

So today I calculated my BMI, it's at 24.4 at the moment, .6 away from being overweight. I need to gain muscle and lose a little fat on my love handles.

BMI is overrated dude. I'm 6' and weight just under 230. My BMI is over 30. I'm obese by that index.

According to the CDC's BMI calculator, this guy is obese.
tumblr_mb8vi7wW671r7wj5mo1_500.jpg

BMI is overrated dude. I'm 6' and weight just under 230. My BMI is over 30. I'm obese by that index.

According to the CDC's BMI calculator, this guy is obese.
tumblr_mb8vi7wW671r7wj5mo1_500.jpg

heheh that's pretty funny haha, my girlfriend and I want to lose some weight and get healthier .

i've been riding my bike for a couple miles a day and I've been lifting everyday. I used to be more athletic before

heheh that's pretty funny haha, my girlfriend and I want to lose some weight and get healthier .

i've been riding my bike for a couple miles a day and I've been lifting everyday. I used to be more athletic before

Good work my friend. I always enjoy the process because it's easy to see progress.

3 years ago I worked out 4-5 days a week for 2+ hours and pretty much ate what I wanted. Something like 3500 calories a day. Then I had a kid, and still ate 3500 calories a day without the workouts. That's a good way to put on 40 pounds in 8 months.

Make healthy a lifestyle and you won't put on 40 lbs in less than a year.

Good work my friend. I always enjoy the process because it's easy to see progress.

3 years ago I worked out 4-5 days a week for 2+ hours and pretty much ate what I wanted. Something like 3500 calories a day. Then I had a kid, and still ate 3500 calories a day without the workouts. That's a good way to put on 40 pounds in 8 months.

That's what I want to do! when I started playing golf this season, I walked 9 holed everyday we had an 8 mile long course, so 4 miles plus golf helped me lose like 15 pounds in a month it was great! Now I want to gain more muscle and look much better

BMI is a terrible indicator, I wouldn't take any notice of it at all.

BMI is not the best way to keep track, mirrors are better :)

Off to the gym.

Was it painful?

I don't even know what BMI is and I don't really care.

I had an early morning keg throwing session this morning. Got golf to play this afternoon.

Two things: one, I was still sore from Tuesday. Secondly, working out first thing in the morning is not for me. I felt lathargic, slow, and weak. Didn't care for it.

I did get through my routine today but it was painful. So far I have handled all my weight increases every day but I can tell as I get to the end of week 2 it's going to be tough. I can tell that my muscles are fatigued.

I have been implementing this final thing to ice off my workouts and I like it. I get on the flat bench, and just throw a 45 on each side. I unrack it and hold it up then put my legs out straight and raise my legs up to the bar then lower my legs, once lowered but not on the bench, I bring the weight down to my chest and back up as slow as possible, then do another leg raise. When I first started doing this I could only get in around 8 reps and today I got in 16 which is sweet.

where you playing today dude?

I don't even know what BMI is and I don't really care.

I had an early morning keg throwing session this morning. Got golf to play this afternoon.

Two things: one, I was still sore from Tuesday. Secondly, working out first thing in the morning is not for me. I felt lathargic, slow, and weak. Didn't care for it.

I did get through my routine today but it was painful. So far I have handled all my weight increases every day but I can tell as I get to the end of week 2 it's going to be tough. I can tell that my muscles are fatigued.

I have been implementing this final thing to ice off my workouts and I like it. I get on the flat bench, and just throw a 45 on each side. I unrack it and hold it up then put my legs out straight and raise my legs up to the bar then lower my legs, once lowered but not on the bench, I bring the weight down to my chest and back up as slow as possible, then do another leg raise. When I first started doing this I could only get in around 8 reps and today I got in 16 which is sweet.

I greatly prefer early morning workouts, I agree with the fact that I feel weak, but it makes me go harder at it.

Since its the all encompassing fitness thread now.

Ran 3 miles last night outside. No where NEAR what my 5k times used to be, but I'll get there. Currently down 5 pounds in two weeks, the weight lifting is helping a ton. Muscle always does help though.

Very nice update TC, that's impressive progress man!

I have been working out a ton over the last few weeks including daily cardio, weights, and every other day hot yoga for 75 minutes.

Unfortunately, I have not been eating too much the last week so I have dropped about 6 pounds but I am definitely seeing more definition and muscle bulk. Hoping the weight loss was just a little flab that needed to disappear. :)

Just feels good to get back in the groove and not be so damn lazy.

Thanks for the headphone suggestions gentlemen, sorry for the delay in response as I've been quite busy lately.

Played 2 solid hours of basketball last night. Man am I sore from lifting.

I really don't groove with morning workouts either. I feel weak and when I'm pushing myself, I actually get a bit light headed and I really don't get the best out of myself that way. Maybe if I got into the routine of morning workouts, my body would adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back