The Fitness & Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
Resurrecting the thread since it got lost in cyberspace due to a corrupt backup file.

This is a thread about working out. Here we discuss manly things like lifting heavy weights at the gym. Not cardio or other forms of workout like yoga, spinning and so on. Feel free to participate in discussions about exercises, supplements, progress and all other aspects of weight lifting. And remember, no matter how heavy weights you lift, puch or drag, Kmac and TC will always double it! Or was it quadruple...

Today i went to the pump house to blow out some steam. Had done all my weight lifting sessions for the week but did some extra tricep and calf workout. Really need to improve my calf mass so this was a good time to throw in some extra time on those today. Also took some measurements. 2" increase on my upper arms in 9 weeks, i'm liking what i see! The only problem now is that my shirts are getting to small over the shoulders and back and soon probably over my arms too.

Been a couple of days since I last frequented the Pump House. Afternoon golf has derailed any workouts/energy for them. Hopefully tomorrow.

Lifting weights is bad for the golf swing. I like my muscles to stay lean. And supple.

Kevin

I envisioned entirely different subject matter when I saw the thread title.

Oh darn. As well as losing this thread I lost my PM from TC about a good workout regimen. Off to the interwebz!

Oh darn. As well as losing this thread I lost my PM from TC about a good workout regimen. Off to the interwebz!

I have a few workout schedules. How often do you plan on working out? And I'll send you a fitting one :)

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

I have a few workout schedules. How often do you plan on working out? And I'll send you a fitting one :)

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

I'm thinking probably 3 or so days a week. Then the other days I'll do cardio/stretching stuff.

SOB! We lost our thread? That makes me want to roid rage. Being today is Sunday Im not sure if I'll make the pump house or not but Im going to try since I havent been since Thursday. Plus Im all rested up finally, was getting pretty worn down there with the late nights and early mornings.

SOB! We lost our thread? That makes me want to roid rage. Being today is Sunday Im not sure if I'll make the pump house or not but Im going to try since I havent been since Thursday. Plus Im all rested up finally, was getting pretty worn down there with the late nights and early mornings.

Sometimes the best thing for the body is rest. I have taken two days off. Thinking of getting back at it tonight. Off to golf now and hopefully I will be fresh enough to workout later. Might just have to force myself if not.

Unfortunately yes.

Sometimes the best thing for the body is rest. I have taken two days off. Thinking of getting back at it tonight. Off to golf now and hopefully I will be fresh enough to workout later. Might just have to force myself if not.

And this. Rest is as important as the workout itself!

thumbnail.aspx

Yeah man I needed it bad. I was in zombie mode yesterday big time. Feel 1000x better today so as long as I make it before the gym closes I think Im going back.

Already psyched for todays leg-day at the gym. Looking forward to a squat mayhem. Just hoping that my left knee will hold up or i'll have to abort the squat-fest.

So did you get to the pump house yesterday Kmac?

I've been off it over the weekend, combination of feeling a bit under the weather and just having a new tattoo (didn't want to damage it!). So, tonight I'm skipping the cardio and going straight for the kegs.

Thinking I'll load up on a pre-workout shake first, get some energy in me. Then I'm going to try upping my usual weight for curls and tricep work, see how that goes. Making up for lost time!

I've been off it over the weekend, combination of feeling a bit under the weather and just having a new tattoo (didn't want to damage it!). So, tonight I'm skipping the cardio and going straight for the kegs.

Thinking I'll load up on a pre-workout shake first, get some energy in me. Then I'm going to try upping my usual weight for curls and tricep work, see how that goes. Making up for lost time!

Go hard or go home! WWAD? (What Would Arnold Do?)

The missus warming up for squat madness! Felt really good today with my knee too

boyah.jpg

Hotness! I threw serious kegs today. I can tell I'm getting stronger and firmer. It's going to suck to be out of town for a few days

Hotness! I threw serious kegs today. I can tell I'm getting stronger and firmer. It's going to suck to be out of town for a few days

You've got to love that! It's a really really nice feeling :)

But i always want to quote Dr Cox when it comes to training! Freggin love that carachter!

"The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body. [...] Do you understand the second you look in the mirror and you're happy with what you see, baby, you just lost the battle." - Dr Cox

I got a decent workout done last night. Started with some ab work, went through Ab Ripper from P90x (about 350 moves in 15 mins) and been trying to do this every time I work out.

Got on and did some wide press ups to warm up, followed by some military style, some chin ups, then moved on to the weights. Repeated some sets of full supination curls, upright rows, lying tricep extensions, concentration curls, deep swimmers press (curl to shoulder press). Went through that 3 times, felt good with the slightly heavier weight. Almost to failure on every set, nice.

Getting a bit bored with this routine, so going to stick to it until I come back from honeymoon, then switch things up. I may go back to p90x for some inspiration and do a modified version. I also need to sort out my diet. I'm doing a lot of ab work, but not seeing the results as I've still got a little fat there that I could do with stripping away and filling out with muscle. So I'll need to ask some questions in here as to the best way to go about it.

So how's it going my pumping friends?

My legs are sore after yesterdays leg mayhem. Changed my schedule up a bit and just squated till my legs wouldn't obey me anymore. Going to get tough tomorrow when i'm supposed to go biking with a friend. Day 2 of post workout soreness is always the worst!

So how's it going my pumping friends?

My legs are sore after yesterdays leg mayhem. Changed my schedule up a bit and just squated till my legs wouldn't obey me anymore. Going to get tough tomorrow when i'm supposed to go biking with a friend. Day 2 of post workout soreness is always the worst!

does 10 days packed full of intertubing, water skiing, kneeboarding, hunting, shooting, and lots of other water sports count as working out? that's what i'll be doing the last 10 days of august in Idaho... i have a feeling i will be very, very sore..

does 10 days packed full of intertubing, water skiing, kneeboarding, hunting, shooting, and lots of other water sports count as working out? that's what i'll be doing the last 10 days of august in Idaho... i have a feeling i will be very, very sore..

Well, not working out but still activating your body :p This is a thread for lifting heavy weights at the gym :)

Well, not working out but still activating your body :p This is a thread for lifting heavy weights at the gym :)
Well darn. Im gonna call it working out tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back