The Fitness & Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did shoulders and arms last night. 3 sets x 2 - shoulders, bi, tri. 8-10 reps per set. Then move on to the next block of 3 sets x 2. So I guess I threw out 18 sets. Not too bad, and I'm not too sore for it today.

Bit frustrated at my shoulder stuff, as I have rotator cuff issues on my right side, which stops me going as hard as I feel I might every now and again. I had to cut a couple of sets when I felt I still had maybe 2 reps in me.

Proper rotator cuff warm ups with get you those extra 2 reps buddy.

I'm just having some scrambled egg then off to the gym to do shoulder/triceps and cardio

Nice. Cheers Kelly, I'll try that, but half those warm up moves have the potential to pop my shoulder in and out. It's just something I've had for a few years. I'll give these moves a go and see if it does loosen it up more though.

Took yesterday off as I was extremely sore from my past few workouts. Just dominated lunch and I'm pumped about heading to the gym today. Lunch consisted of 8 oz. chicken, 8 oz. pork tenderloin, 1 cup roasted potatoes and onions, 1 cup mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower), 3 tablespoons dark chocolate peanut butter and a medium banana.

Took yesterday off as I was extremely sore from my past few workouts. Just dominated lunch and I'm pumped about heading to the gym today. Lunch consisted of 8 oz. chicken, 8 oz. pork tenderloin, 1 cup roasted potatoes and onions, 1 cup mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower), 3 tablespoons dark chocolate peanut butter and a medium banana.

Sounds like a pretty solid lunch lad. Cool the way you get to add in some sweet stuff to keep ahead of the sugar cravings

Today is weight increase day. Im a little worried I wont be able to dominate the weights like before plus Im already tired from golf three days in a row. No excuses though.

Good luck in there Kmac. You'll be fine bro, just focus on the breathing and you'll hammer them out.

Day 1 of weight increase cycle went very well for me. In fact, I started out with 185 on the flat bench, busted out my 12 reps, upped to 195 and busted out my 10 reps, upped to 205 and busted out 10 more, upped to 215 and busted out 8 reps, upped to 225 (final weight of cycle) and got in 7 reps, then stripped it all down to my start weight and got 14 reps in for my burn out. I'm pleased buddy, b/c not only did I get what I was supposed to, I got more. I'll be nice and sore in the morning but I'll blow it up again on Thursday.

Good luck in there Kmac. You'll be fine bro, just focus on the breathing and you'll hammer them out.

Day 1 of weight increase cycle went very well for me. In fact, I started out with 185 on the flat bench, busted out my 12 reps, upped to 195 and busted out my 10 reps, upped to 205 and busted out 10 more, upped to 215 and busted out 8 reps, upped to 225 (final weight of cycle) and got in 7 reps, then stripped it all down to my start weight and got 14 reps in for my burn out. I'm pleased buddy, b/c not only did I get what I was supposed to, I got more. I'll be nice and sore in the morning but I'll blow it up again on Thursday.

damn bro that makes me think I need to take this more seriously. Well, Im getting ready to head to the house of pump and do this. Its also SOA night too. That always gets me pumped up too.

That's pretty impressive dude. Ive always been miserable on the bench, just not my lift. Love doing it, but just not my best. Figure having short arms and a bigger chest would make it easier, but I always hate hitting bench press.

That's pretty impressive dude. Ive always been miserable on the bench, just not my lift. Love doing it, but just not my best. Figure having short arms and a bigger chest would make it easier, but I always hate hitting bench press.

Isn't it interesting how each of us probably have things we love or hate the most? I really hate the incline myself but I tolerate it, LOL

Thanks though dude. It's a lot of reps, but with the weight increase between sets it's great for toning and building.

Isn't it interesting how each of us probably have things we love or hate the most? I really hate the incline myself but I tolerate it, LOL

Thanks though dude. It's a lot of reps, but with the weight increase between sets it's great for toning and building.
I cringe at the thought of incline.

Ya know what? I can press more in a decline than a flat bench. I love the decline bench, hate flat and incline though.

I haven't worked out since Saturday with my back being all whacked out. I feel like pooh already.

I cringe at the thought of incline.

Ya know what? I can press more in a decline than a flat bench. I love the decline bench, hate flat and incline though.

That's interesting. I can by far bench more flat than any other method. I've never really gotten into decline benching. What area of the chest does that focus on?

I incline with dumb bells. For some reason I can push more weight up that way. Is that normal?

Just got back from the gym. Really focusing on getting into shape for the hockey reffing season, so went big on the legs. Put up new PB's today with: 450 squat, 1350 leg press

Legs are sore now, just finished a protein shake, and then burgers for dinner.

Dan

That's interesting. I can by far bench more flat than any other method. I've never really gotten into decline benching. What area of the chest does that focus on?

I incline with dumb bells. For some reason I can push more weight up that way. Is that normal?

Lats. Wider the grip the better.

Just got back from the gym. Really focusing on getting into shape for the hockey reffing season, so went big on the legs. Put up new PB's today with: 450 squat, 1350 leg press

Legs are sore now, just finished a protein shake, and then burgers for dinner.

Dan

Jeez dude. Strong legs and you can hit the long ball. That's awesome. Congrats on the new PB. Back in my college days I used to work out with this dude that played volleyball for Australia's National Team. He had like a 52'' vertical leap and the strongest legs I've ever seen. I saw him leg press over 1000 lbs once and that was super impressive.

Lats. Wider the grip the better.

Interesting. Sounds like something I should work in opposite my pull downs. Excellent.

Jeez dude. Strong legs and you can hit the long ball. That's awesome. Congrats on the new PB. Back in my college days I used to work out with this dude that played volleyball for Australia's National Team. He had like a 52'' vertical leap and the strongest legs I've ever seen. I saw him leg press over 1000 lbs once and that was super impressive.

Interesting. Sounds like something I should work in opposite my pull downs. Excellent.

It's minimal engagement but does do better than incline and flat. Personally flat bench is the best for chest and upper pecs.

Used to hangout with a personal trainer chick when I was in Wilmington and she had me doing inverted bench with freeweights or dumbells. Lay face down on a bench and pull up the weight, worked the upper back and shoulders like mad.

Holy nuts Dan! 1350 is insane dude, I miss being to leg press a lot of weight.

SW, I'm shoulder obsessed dude. I do similar stuff to what you're talking about but I do it standing up and using cables I reckon. I sure am glad I started this 2 months ago. It's unreal how much better I feel about myself. I have a long way to go man, but I'm going to keep hitting it.

No doubt. Shoulders and thighs have always been my favorites man. Their fun workouts to me.

I'm glad you started this thread dude. Hesitant as hell at first because I get hooked on lifting, its a challenge with no finish, much like golf. Hopefully the doc fixes me up tomorrow and I'll be back it, growing tired of the damn stair climber lol.

No doubt. Shoulders and thighs have always been my favorites man. Their fun workouts to me.

I'm glad you started this thread dude. Hesitant as hell at first because I get hooked on lifting, its a challenge with no finish, much like golf. Hopefully the doc fixes me up tomorrow and I'll be back it, growing tired of the damn stair climber lol.

Well, we support each other in every walk in life, why not this one?

Dude, if you have to stay on the stair climber and you can't throw kegs, you'll have to start a new thread. :alien:

Well, we support each other in every walk in life, why not this one?

Dude, if you have to stay on the stair climber and you can't throw kegs, you'll have to start a new thread. :alien:

SW we love you bro but a stair climber is not throwing kegs. P90x is not throwing kegs either. Running is not kegs. Swimming not kegs.

Stop! Hence why I've stayed out of this thread. Hanging out with ladies over at sweaty buns hasn't been so bad.

SW we love you bro but a stair climber is not throwing kegs. P90x is not throwing kegs either. Running is not kegs. Swimming not kegs.

Preach it Kmac!

Throwing kegs = moving weight like a boss!

I'm dominating kegs right now. I can barely type from all the shaking in my hands. And I'm not close to being done.

I'm dominating kegs right now. I can barely type from all the shaking in my hands. And I'm not close to being done.

Focus dude! Stop playing on your phone and get to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back