The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the last one they do? I seem to remember really liking that one. Exciting times, DR!

Is that the last one they do? I seem to remember really liking that one. Exciting times, DR!

Towards the end of the pregnancy she does every week, especially since my wife is considered a "high risk" pregnancy.

I wondered about that. Very cool that you'll get some extra peeks at her. Won't be long now :)

I wondered about that. Very cool that you'll get some extra peeks at her. Won't be long now :)

Just bought paint for the room last night. Oh and $2100 for freaking baby furniture. Yikes!! Haha.

Just bought paint for the room last night. Oh and $2100 for freaking baby furniture. Yikes!! Haha.
Damn dude, Im thankful my wife's sisters all had kids like 2/3 years ago. We furnished the entire baby room with practically brand new furniture from them for free!

Damn dude, Im thankful my wife's sisters all had kids like 2/3 years ago. We furnished the entire baby room with practically brand new furniture from them for free!

Fortunately, her mother is going to pay us for the crib, her father is buying 1 piece and my parents might get the other one. So we might not have to pay but it is soo damn expensive. The furniture is beautiful though.

Not the best picture:

baby_furniture_Victoria_Crib.jpg

Fortunately, her mother is going to pay us for the crib, her father is buying 1 piece and my parents might get the other one. So we might not have to pay but it is soo damn expensive. The furniture is beautiful though.

Not the best picture:

Get used to saying that line.

Not the best picture:

I lucked out and our set was bought for us and reused when my daughter arrived two years later. In fact she still sleeping in the daybed form of the crib. Baby furniture is way to expensive

After the deluge of rain we had last week, the course is looking beautiful! You can tell where the fairways are,where the rough is, and the greens are in damn good shape for March. Only problem is the rough is like U.S. Open rough because they haven't been able to get to them yet! Ouch.

After the deluge of rain we had last week, the course is looking beautiful! You can tell where the fairways are,where the rough is, and the greens are in damn good shape for March. Only problem is the rough is like U.S. Open rough because they haven't been able to get to them yet! Ouch.

Same problem here in Moberly, MO. Course is greening up nicely, the fairways look good, but the rough, oh my, is it rough. They were doing a little mowing today, but the course is still pretty soupy and low spots, you need to watch for gators.

Same problem here in Moberly, MO. Course is greening up nicely, the fairways look good, but the rough, oh my, is it rough. They were doing a little mowing today, but the course is still pretty soupy and low spots, you need to watch for gators.
The good thing about the rough is that it keeps some balls that might have rolled sideways down the fairway (we have a lot of side sloping fairways) and across the cart paths into the tree line, to stop short and leave you with a decent shot instead of a chip out.

Our rought is Canadian Open thick as well. Fairways and greens are spectacular though.

I thought you might like that Breeze. I'm definitely overstating a little, but it's long and the ball just seems to bury in it right now. Makes for a tough round when you miss 10 fairways lol.

Which course?

The good thing about the rough is that it keeps some balls that might have rolled sideways down the fairway (we have a lot of side sloping fairways) and across the cart paths into the tree line, to stop short and leave you with a decent shot instead of a chip out.
I wish that was the case down here. Half the time if you hit in the rough in the courses here, you end up losing your ball. Only way to find it is if you step on it.

Our rought is Canadian Open thick as well. Fairways and greens are spectacular though.

I've been in several meetings the last week as they were discussing current course trends and plans to get back to profitable after last years tough economic times. Labor and fuel costs got top billing and all the courses in this region are narrowing the fairways, growing up the rough and raising beer prices. I liked all the idea's except the beer prices, idiots!

My best-friend and his wife are having a baby! Exciting news!

I've been in several meetings the last week as they were discussing current course trends and plans to get back to profitable after last years tough economic times. Labor and fuel costs got top billing and all the courses in this region are narrowing the fairways, growing up the rough and raising beer prices. I liked all the idea's except the beer prices, idiots!

That's more of a rant than anything!

My best-friend and his wife are having a baby! Exciting news!

Nice. You better watch out or you'll be next!

Which course?
Painted Hills.

We just got bought by a guy whose SOP is to keep the rough manageable, trim some trees and cut back the "native grass" to make it easier to find balls to speed up play. He hates seeing people spending a lot of time looking for balls because it slows up play too much.

Painted Hills.

We just got bought by a guy whose SOP is to keep the rough manageable, trim some trees and cut back the "native grass" to make it easier to find balls to speed up play. He hates seeing people spending a lot of time looking for balls because it slows up play too much.

I have pretty mixed emotions, but played Sunday and liked the extra challenge our course has. However, I may be the only one, lol. The rough is so thick around the greens now you need a 3w to get it out. I hit a ton of great drives that would have been fw last year but rough this year. I don't remember how many acres per day less they are cutting, but its a bunch.

I have pretty mixed emotions, but played Sunday and liked the extra challenge our course has. However, I may be the only one, lol. The rough is so thick around the greens now you need a 3w to get it out. I hit a ton of great drives that would have been fw last year but rough this year. I don't remember how many acres per day less they are cutting, but its a bunch.

All I know is I lost four balls in the rough yesterday. It was frustrating me, and it takes a lot to get to me on the course. So I imagine there were a lot of unhappy golfers yesterday. He wants to keep the people happy AND if they can get moving faster, it means for more people able to get on which means more money for the course.

All I know is I lost four balls in the rough yesterday. It was frustrating me, and it takes a lot to get to me on the course. So I imagine there were a lot of unhappy golfers yesterday. He wants to keep the people happy AND if they can get moving faster, it means for more people able to get on which means more money for the course.

I played Drumm Farm this past Sunday. Their rough was halfway up my leg in spots because their full time staff didn't start until yesterday. They did have a Marshal off to the side on a hidden landing area hole where he was marking the balls with those little flags to help speed up play. It helped a lot. Love how fast the grass is growing this year, hope it doesn't mean we are doomed for burnout this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back