The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, their first?

Yep. Its crazy, he's a couple years younger than me but we grew up together and have coached and taught together for 5 years now. Very cool to see, so cool.

Nice. You better watch out or you'll be next!

I'm ready good sir, my wife is too. We've just gotta get through residency for her first.

My neighbor just recently joined the private club nearest to my house and asked me to join him this afternoon so heading out in 30 to play a very nice course I have not played since high school. This was the club I was mentioning not too long ago that is quite a bit nicer, great practice area, much closer, etc but at twice the price. Playing it today may rekindle my desire to join in 6 months!

My neighbor just recently joined the private club nearest to my house and asked me to join him this afternoon so heading out in 30 to play a very nice course I have not played since high school. This was the club I was mentioning not too long ago that is quite a bit nicer, great practice area, much closer, etc but at twice the price. Playing it today may rekindle my desire to join in 6 months!
I love a good practice area! That alone would make me consider paying double for it.

The driving range down the street is open!!! At last!!! Winter was pretty mild but it seemed to snow again every time the frackin' stuff was just about all gone. From the looks of the weather forecast golf courses should be opening soon.

New personal best in deadlift, 267, which is my bodyweight x 1.76. Very happy...and tired.

Woohoo...time for drinks!

Tapatalk

Today for my birthday (#46), my wife, Cheryl, got me an awesome gift. A paid membership to Laurentide GC in Sturgeon Falls, ON. I was a member there for a couple years ('97-'98). What a great gift, she surprised me again. I was lead to believe I'd be receiving a few paid green fees, but WOW!! Just thought I'd let my fellow THPers in on the great news.

Today for my birthday (#46), my wife, Cheryl, got me an awesome gift. A paid membership to Laurentide GC in Sturgeon Falls, ON. I was a member there for a couple years ('97-'98). What a great gift, she surprised me again. I was lead to believe I'd be receiving a few paid green fees, but WOW!! Just thought I'd let my fellow THPers in on the great news.

Now THAT is a solid HHJJ!

Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Now THAT is a solid HHJJ!

Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Could not have said it any better than Jman did. Enjoy!!!

Team Hackers tapping!

There are only a few things in life that rival the feeling you get from a good golf shot. A good, self administered straight razor shave is one of those feelings. Nice way to end a long day.

I was selected as a volunteer for the 2013 US Open in Merion. I don't know how official the letter is but for now I'm pretty darn happy!

I was selected as a volunteer for the 2013 US Open in Merion. I don't know how official the letter is but for now I'm pretty darn happy!

That's sweet. I wanna get tickets to that. It's basically in my back yard!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

just found out we have Friday off as a holiday!!!! Weather forecast for Friday is 55 and sunny. Jenn will be out of town for the weekend, which means Friday will consist of golf in the AM and watching the Masters(and the replay) in the PM. Wow what a great day that will be.

That's awesome! I was a volunteer at Winged Foot in 2006. I worked in the Golf Cart Center. Easy job. When a vendor would need a cart I'd either bring it to them or they would bring the one they were using and swap it themselves. Then we'd spray them with a hose, dry off the seat, park them in the garage tent, and plug it in. Most of the day consisted of watching it on TV. On Tuesday of that week it was slow so I was allowed to take a cart all over the course. I followed Tiger for 9 holes before I headed back in.

just found out we have Friday off as a holiday!!!! Weather forecast for Friday is 55 and sunny. Jenn will be out of town for the weekend, which means Friday will consist of golf in the AM and watching the Masters(and the replay) in the PM. Wow what a great day that will be.

Man that is a great day, golf and then watching The Masters uninterrupted. :thumb:

That's awesome! I was a volunteer at Winged Foot in 2006. I worked in the Golf Cart Center. Easy job. When a vendor would need a cart I'd either bring it to them or they would bring the one they were using and swap it themselves. Then we'd spray them with a hose, dry off the seat, park them in the garage tent, and plug it in. Most of the day consisted of watching it on TV. On Tuesday of that week it was slow so I was allowed to take a cart all over the course. I followed Tiger for 9 holes before I headed back in.

Considering i've never been to the course. It'll be an amazing opportunity for both seeing a new course and getting to see pros on it. Besides I want to put myself in the USGA somehow so this opportunity- I won't be taking it for granted. Seriously can't wait!

I've been sitting on this one for a few days until I knew everything was good to go, got the final confirmation earlier this evening. I've been working for the park service for 6 years now, left a good job for a chance and have turned down a few opportunities since then because I enjoy my job. My position was not guaranteed from one fiscal year to the next so its been a bit of a roller coaster ride lately.

Well stubborness/perserverance paid off. I got my conversion papers!! Wtf does that mean you may ask, well it means that I beat the odds and didn't wash out, my job is now a career.

--
tapatalk

Congrats, SW!

I've been sitting on this one for a few days until I knew everything was good to go, got the final confirmation earlier this evening. I've been working for the park service for 6 years now, left a good job for a chance and have turned down a few opportunities since then because I enjoy my job. My position was not guaranteed from one fiscal year to the next so its been a bit of a roller coaster ride lately.

Well stubborness/perserverance paid off. I got my conversion papers!! Wtf does that mean you may ask, well it means that I beat the odds and didn't wash out, my job is now a career.

--
tapatalk

Congrats bro, I'm happy for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
tapatalk

Congrats!

Thanks y'all!

--
tapatalk

Congrats SW! Sounds like a big relief for you.

Team Hackers tapping!

Congrats SW. I bet that is a huge relief.

--
tapatalk

Awesome stuff. Big props for sticking to your guns and making it all work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back