Cleveland Mashie Irons Preview Thread

For an iron with a thicker topline, they look pretty good at address. I don't care for the look of the cavity, and can't stand the look of the gliderails, but hey if they work they work. I imagine I would pull them right, but I would certainly give them a swing. It's definitely an option for the MC'ers who get to play Cleveland equipment.

The gliderails look like terrific dirt and mud catchers for these irons. Perhaps too much hassle to keep 'em clean.

Very interesting look, not too different than the transitional irons in the set I am testing

I don't know if I'd call them sexy yet, but I'll wait until I see how they feel and the results! (And again, great shots GG!)

For an iron with a thicker topline, they look pretty good at address. I don't care for the look of the cavity, and can't stand the look of the gliderails, but hey if they work they work. I imagine I would pull them right, but I would certainly give them a swing. It's definitely an option for the MC'ers who get to play Cleveland equipment.

:confused2:

:confused2:

I meant to say left, I never could get the hook out of the Mashie, I am now afraid of everything Mashie. I realize the name is exactly why they are so appealing to many, the Mashie is magic for many people, I just bought one from my dad from another THPer. For me, the name Mashie brings back vivid imagery of OOB left.

Cleveland Flightspeed.

JB, brainfart here but those have been in other irons right? If they're what I'm thinking, I thought they were a pretty good shaft.

I never had the whole "left" issue with the mashie hybrid. I know some that did though. I'm really looking forward to see how these perform. They look like a club that you can just wail at and will get some good results. Might work out perfectly for my game:alien:

A bit bulky for my liking but the overall look of them is great. I'm sure there will be a lot of people anxious to demo these irons.

JB, brainfart here but those have been in other irons right? If they're what I'm thinking, I thought they were a pretty good shaft.

CG7 irons I believe.

I think I need to see these in person, but if they play I think they will, long high and straight, then i would game them.

JB, how is the top line. Similar to the G15's?

when i was swinging over the top real bad the mashie hybrids saved me out on the course. Now that i am coming more inside, the hybrids go left on me. I dont get it because i only pull it left with the hybrids.

Looks nice..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Looks like something to check out. It looks like Cleveland Golf is coming out with more interesting equipment all the time. Do these come with hybrid options or not?

Looks like another winner for Cleveland Golf. I'd love to hit these!

It's cool that CG came out with these to match up to the Mashie. Completes the look in the bag. WTG Cleveland

It's cool that CG came out with these to match up to the Mashie. Completes the look in the bag. WTG Cleveland
All that is needed is a Mashie driver.

Not getting it done looks wise for me, but I don't doubt for a second that they'll perform in the forgiveness aspect if that is what someone is looking for.

Is rails on iron's going to become a thing? I seem to recall that there might have been another set out there with them. The S2 max's maybe? I wonder if it'll catch on.

Used these for the entire round today and based on my ball striking and score, it was a thrill to work with them for the 1st time. I need more time to get a good reading on what it is that made them work so well for me today, but the high, straight ball was just perfect. Playing on wet grass due to the rain yesterday, the sole design did wonders in keeping me from hitting some bad shots I believe. A little more time before a full first writeup, but so far, I am liking what I am seeing.

Interesting stuff. I'm not a great fan of the looks of these irons, but I must say they fit into the Mashie line well. Performance wise they seem to have got off to a good start.

Back