Your favorite golf trend(s) that didn't last?

Cotton pleated chinos with cuffs. They were awesome.

Said no one ever.

I love when memories pop up on my phone of golf trips over the years. And today, one popped up and I was rocking the white belt. Probably my favorite trend that didnt last. Apparently during one of my hibernations from golf it became unpopular, which makes me sad.

What's your favorite golf trend that didn't last?

I'd say of golfers between the ages of 25 and 45 I see at my home course, on any given day maybe half of them will be wearing a white belt. It may be down from "a little more than half" to "a little less than half" recently but it's still a thing for sure.

Clothing choices for a typical golfer in that cohort start with white golf shoes, no-show socks and a white belt. Everything else seems built around that de facto standard. I'm pretty sure most of them don't own any other color shoes or belts.

I would add "mini-drivers" except this year they're back in. Apparently, that's a must-have item is even-numbered years and a passé' fad in odd-numbered.

I'd say of golfers between the ages of 25 and 45 I see at my home course, on any given day maybe half of them will be wearing a white belt. It may be down from "a little more than half" to "a little less than half" recently but it's still a thing for sure.

Clothing choices for a typical golfer in that cohort start with white golf shoes, no-show socks and a white belt. Everything else seems built around that de facto standard. I'm pretty sure most of them don't own any other color shoes or belts.
I've decided to bust the white belt back out. @MWard said it's ok for me to do so.

Belt and shoes gotta match, I don’t make the rules
I currently only own white shoes.

The Walking Dead Easy Peasy GIF

I have 2 pairs of gray shoes. Thoughts?

Is it white ONLY or white or fun colors?
I feel like it needs to be predominantly white, but a little color never hurts.

I cant really think of any trends that died that I would like back.. I am kinda good to let what is dead be dead...

Still waiting for a picture of that insanely cool sounding polo @MWard ...

Back