You ever just get...bored?

In the bicycle world it's known as N+1...The perfect number of bikes is N+1 where N=the current number of bikes currently owned.

In all things I ask myself if owning X thing will make me ebnjoy my hobby more. Right now the answer is...only if it's lessons or practice. I want new clubs (Darkspeed OL, I'm looking at you); I don't even play a full set, but with the driver struggles I've been having for a year now, nothing will make me enjoy golf more than getting better with my driver. :cry:

Bored? as unlike sitting at home with little to do for the last 3 months (minus PT and just now starting to golf) hell yes. But mostly with driver and driver shafts.

How the hell are you?

Bored? as unlike sitting at home with little to do for the last 3 months (minus PT and just now starting to golf) hell yes. But mostly with driver and driver shafts.

How the hell are you?
I'm great. Let's get a round in when you're feeling up to it

I'm great. Let's get a round in when you're feeling up to it
I’m ready! Started work today. I think I’m finishing PT this week starting the gym next.

Just need to find a course about 1/2 way between us.

I like to keep a blade putter and mallet putter around. Every once in a while I like to keep 2 sets of irons, one blade set and one cb set. Blades because I miss them but don’t play nearly enough to put them in the bag. So getting to the range or a quick 9 satisfies the urge to have them. Sometimes it’s just a half set of blades as well. Everything else is only what I’m bagging.

Trying really hard to not buy and sell as much as I used to. Holding on tight, but it’s hard… haha. The boredom really hits when I’m not playing.

You're a special boy, Billy Hurley.
Have you decided what clubs you're playing on Friday?
Yes? Irons are the same but I’ll bring 2 drivers just to play around with.
I never keep more than one set. Why?
Because too much of a good thing is still a good thing. Unless it’s chocolate cake. Then my die a beat us gets all wacked up.

*THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CURRENT GAMERS. FANTASTIC CLUBS*
Now that that's out of the way....

Of course you do. You're THPers.

But, specifically with irons and wedges. What do you do? Do you buy something new and keep your current set? Trade or sell them?

I like trying new stuff but I don't like clubs sitting there unused.

How many "sets" do you own that see regular use?
For as little as I play it's one set. I have a backup set but it's in my wife's/daughters golf bag to use,......putters that is a different story. :cool:

I tend to trade in. I do have a backup set of irons though.

i want to try and build my first set of irons. probably buy some of the famous takomo, ram, macgregor, sub70, whatever the same head everyone uses and see how it goes.

Right now I have 3 sets. The oldest is a set of Adams New Idea irons/hybrids (circa 2014 or so). The woods are a Adams Blue driver and a Adams Idea 4 wood. Set number 2 is Cobra. F-Max irons/hybrids a Taylor Made M2 Driver and 3 (HL) wood. My current gamers are XXIO 11 irons and hybrids with an XXIO Prime 9 and Prime 11 drivers (11.5° and 10.5°) and a XXIO 11 4 wood. I have three putters that make various appearances. A Taylor Made Daddy Long Leggs, an Odyssey White Hot 2 ball with a Stroke Lab shaft and my current gamer is an Odessey Toulon Atlanta. I'll probably never use anything but my current gamer set and would sell the others if anyone shows interest.

I like new equipment and love researching and testing to see what works for me. But I don't really ever get bored with the clubs I play. I do work hard to make my golf game boring, but so far the often too exciting adventure as a hack continues.

Putters....I get bored with putters and mess around with them from time to time.
I almost always have two sets of irons, different shafts.
I'll switch to the lighter, more flexible shafts when it's cold.

Back