You ever just get...bored?

Davidhibler

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
*THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CURRENT GAMERS. FANTASTIC CLUBS*
Now that that's out of the way....

Of course you do. You're THPers.

But, specifically with irons and wedges. What do you do? Do you buy something new and keep your current set? Trade or sell them?

I like trying new stuff but I don't like clubs sitting there unused.

How many "sets" do you own that see regular use?

I buy one club from something different and mess with that. If I like it, I order a few more, then cycle others out or keep as backup. In fact that reminds me I need to put a few Darkspeed irons up for sale here :D

But, specifically with irons and wedges. What do you do? Do you buy something new and keep your current set? Trade or sell them?

Get behind me Satan! That’s not a polite question to ask. Like how many partners your date has had….

Right now, only my G bag sees use (and it will be that way all year)

I keep it to 2 sets. I trade in or sell whatever gets knocked out of my second bag.

Replace it all!!

Hold Fire Sale GIF

View attachment 9259813
That’s after I cleaned out most of the Hogan stuff and there is some that’s not pictured still. But ya, I might have a problem. I’ve also added to the pile.
You're a special boy, Billy Hurley.
Have you decided what clubs you're playing on Friday?

In the music world it’s called GAS. Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. In the golf world it would be GGAS. Golf Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Cause it ain’t just clubs! Bags, balls, hats, shirts, shoes….it all falls under GGAS!

Currently got 2 sets… one gets regular action and the other is a “break glass in case of emergency”. They don’t see the action but it’s like some of the stuff in my garage …. What if I need them for something?? I can’t get rid of them. What if I have a buddy come over and he needs some x100 shafted irons…. The what if’s that get me..

All the time.

In the music world it’s called GAS. Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. In the golf world it would be GGAS. Golf Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Cause it ain’t just clubs! Bags, balls, hats, shirts, shoes….it all falls under GGAS!
I'm familiar with GAS 😂
For some reason it doesn't bother me as much as with golf gear. Weird

I feel like woods and putter are most likely to get rotated out fast, and maybe that’s because I really like my current iron set 🤣

But typically driver and putters can come and go like the weather in my golf bag

When I’m bored it usually results in me buying preowned clubs of some variety

Currently have 4 sets of irons, 1 of them is for when I have friends that don't normally golf go with me and I don't use any of those regularly. One set is custom from a THP experience and I play them a couple times a year and use for comparing in the simulator. I then have my main gamers and the other set is there incase my regular set just doesn't cooperate and also are great irons to compare things to. I have have a few other drivers but don't really switch them up much at all and same goes for wedges. Currently toying with a few putters.

Definitely get bored a lot 😅 I usually just keep a gamer set and maybe a backup club or two, and maybe a couple things things that are nostalgic.

Currently have 3 sets counting the most recent purchase. That however we change soon. The most recent set of irons will be going up for sale soon. They just can’t beat either of the other sets out of the bag.

Current focus is on technique and lessons and not clubs. My 4 year old King Forge Tecs are so good. When I sell the T200s it might be tough not to look into buying new Dark Speed however

i typically buy 1-2 full new bags every year....so yes i get bored LOL

I have 4 sets of irons but I’ve only played the Srixon since receiving them for the experience last year. I might cycle the Edel irons back in for a round or two soon.

I'm familiar with GAS 😂
I think because most guitars, instruments ect hold their value so well. Golf gear with very few exceptions do not. Plus Guitars look good hanging on the wall. I don’t think I would hang my old Cleveland Wedges on the wall but dammit if I still don’t have them. 🤦‍♂️🤣

I like having 1 backup set. A buddy can borrow or I can use in a pinch. The rest I try to trade-in or sell.

I think because most guitars, instruments ect hold their value so well. Golf gear with very few exceptions do not. Plus Guitars look good hanging on the wall. I don’t think I would hang my old Cleveland Wedges on the wall but dammit if I still don’t have them. 🤦‍♂️🤣
oh, for sure. but my GAS is different. I've become fond of "budget" guitars. I've got IYV's, Donners, Mitchells LOL!
I'm sick.

been kicking around the idea of buying myself a Bass when I pass this next certification. I don't even play Bass :ROFLMAO:
yet

I'm familiar with GAS 😂
well, a new wedge, even going pricey, is about $200. I have a new Collings coming next week that was close to $7K. That order of magnitude jump stings a bit 🙃

Then again, if you go custom shafts, etc, you're getting into guitar money.

If only I still had that '65 Strat that I gigged back in the 70's...

Love to try new stuff. But I don’t horde. I get rid of extras.

I have 2 sets, one of which I play all the time and the second set that resides with my niece that she uses albeit very sparingly. I used to have a 3rd set but wasn’t be used at all so gave away to a good home.

Back