You ever just get...bored?

I have a backup set that I’ll rotate in, and a few other random things around - like grips or shafts to swap in.

I also keep a set of old persimmon woods to pull out when I’m really feeling it. They make for a fun day!

Irons for me are tougher to swap. But I’m still thinking about it.

But this season I started with Cleveland wedges, moved to Mizuno, and went back to Cleveland and am now thinking of new Cleveland’s. Had a Cobra driver, Changed to a Mizuno Max driver and looking at a TM one because the Mizuno and the shaft aren’t consistent for me. Had my putter, picked up a used LAB 2.1 and am going back to my old as the style isn’t working for me now. And swapped the fairway.

so yeah am I looking around at used Tm stealth pluses, or maybe a new triple diamond or Qi? Yes. The full face 2 version of the RTX? Yes. And a mallet putter instead of a blade? Yes.

Typing that all out I do have a problem.

I have a back up set of irons, and i also have the last set of my Fathers Clubs.....

I never keep more than one set. Why?

Not so much with clubs, but balls. I'll try out a ball, then come back to the Pro V1.

I get bored quickly. But forcing myself to stick to a set has helped me score lower. I’m afraid whatever voodoo is going on might vanish if I switch. I’m 2 years behind, playing old tech. I’m window shopping for hybrids or a hybrid. Everything else is safe for the time being.

And yeah I try to trade in anything that puts me over 2. I might need a backup set. I don’t see needing a backup backup set.

I stick with clubs for quite a while generally, especially compared to most THPers. My wandering eyes go towards shoes, shirts, hats, headcovers, etc constantly though.

I'm what I would consider to be stubborn when it comes to changing clubs. Well, at least some of them. Driver and irons are prime example - I typically play a driver for 3-4 years and irons at least 5.
I have never really been comfortable with my current Titleist irons, but I think I will throw money toward lessons before I replace them again.
If wedges weren't pushing 250 apiece I might switch those out more often, but I can’t generate spin with a brand new wedge, so why would I not try to get 3 years out of them?

Yes it’s usually whenever I’m playing good I think about how I can squeeze more juice. It’s a maddening cycle but it’s how I got in the 243’s and I love those. Starting to think about new shafts in them. I’ve been in recoils a while time to try something different.

I have 3 sets of irons. My Apex Pro gamers... I have the Apex 21 that I will be selling or trading very soon.. and I'll always keep the Copper King Tour MIM. I have a driver Jose built for me from the Morgan Cup. The driver head is actually the head that Rickie Fowler hit in the advertising for the RADSpeed. The rest is a gamer bag.

I have three full 14 club sets and another five iron sets in addition to the three bags, twenty or so putters and four wedge sets. More shafts than I care to think about as well.

Yes But when I do I can go to TGW or PGA SS and hit anything.
Its fun to experiment and try different clubs and eye opening when trying to hit some irons made for better players. :ROFLMAO:

Sometimes you will get a club that surprises you!
Keep an open mind and have fun!

Bored is different than content…there’s nothing wrong with being content. 😉

Sometimes it's hard to play the same 14 club setup multiple rounds in a row. :p

I have two sets of irons that get 60/40 use. I play equally well with both.

I never get bored with golf. I just enjoy hitting golf balls. If I start to see a loss of interest showing up, I start trying to figure out a new shot for my bag.

The only other thing I will do is if the weather condition call for a change in a couple of clubs.

I think new tech stagnated long ago, especially for irons. I switch my irons out every 5-8 years. Wood maybe 3-4. Feels good to have fairly current equipment when you spend so much time doing something.

I want to say yes, but not really. I'm trying to figure out my currents and that gives me a big sense of accomplishment once I get a good series of strikes.

Listen Uh Huh GIF by ABC Network

I only own one set of irons. I recently ordered a new set as my current irons are passing me by, i.e., I'll be 69 soon. The new irons will have lighter shafts, a senior flex, and a reasonable swing weight. I only change when I have to. I can't recall ever being bored with my clubs. As long as they perform, I don't see a reason to change.

Sure I do. I also occasionally grow to hate a perfectly good set of golf clubs. I just switch them out for awhile.

Oh yeah, I get bored all the time. New gear is fun and tinkering is fun so I’m always game for something new. Being a very medium swing speed the glut of basic shafts for my game well also so I can try wherever I want fairly affordable with eBay.

I have one set and a back up but that’s it besides lots of putters

Not so much I get bored, but more I love experiencing equipment. I've built a bit of a bag with a bit of flexibility to there are 16-17 "gamers".

I also enjoy having a second iron set to rotate to.

Also, I'm a sucker for different wedges. Trying to keep those tendencies in check when I get moments of I want to dial in and score, but then there are moments of I want to play with different gear.

Last round I played with all my "backup clubs", except putter, because I've become too fixated on shooting low scores to get my handicap back to a single digit again.

Broke out the old Titleist driver, 2 old Diablo hybrids and a set of Cleveland Launcher irons along with 54 and 58 degree wedges that were gathering dust in my storage room.

Also was a mixture of standard and mid size grips on all the clubs.

Had a good time. When I hit a bad shot, I just blamed the "old clubs"!

Back