Which Neighbor Are You?

I’m the invisible neighbor. Everyone swears the house is occupied but they never see me. I like to be left to my own devices and I’ll extend the same courtesy.

I’m the “A wave from across the street while I am going in the house is good” neighbor.
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Lost count on how many times I've moved. But once Neighbors figure out I'm Handy fixing anything, it becomes a Very friendly Neughborhood.

I am the neighbor sitting in the driveway trying to give you beer.

I am the neighbor sitting in the driveway trying to give you beer.
Make it Red Wine and I'll be right there.

My house is the every kid in the neighborhood hangs out here. We have a basketball hoop, multiple basketballs, footballs, golf clubs, baseball gloves, video games, snacks and water in the garage.

My neighborhood unfortunately has a lot of renters so a lot of the people are new and move everything couple of years. Some cool some really suck.

Overall good cul de sac. Everyone friendly but not a lot of common interests. Most stick to themselves. Lot of kid play which is fun
Animated GIF

Next to youngest neighbor. On our little cul-de-sac, only one house has been sold since 2010. That couple are late 30s-ish. Before that, it’d been a while.

I’m also the “let me refer you to a lawyer who can help you with that” neighbor.

My wife and I moved seven years ago. We live on a nice, quiet street where the majority of neighbors are older and keep to themselves. They say hello and wave at you but there is not a lot of interaction. I made a good friend who lives three houses down from us. I am the "nice guy who does not know how to fix anything and has no desire to learn how".

Ask @dutchie. She's seen my house and "neighborhood". I'm on acreage and surrounded by trees. My neighbors are off in the distance. I don't see them to wave. I'm fine with that.

I’m the neighbor that will help a couple of the older guys when they need it. Then, I’m the one that if you wave, I’ll wave, if not, so be it. “Your” 💩 stinks just like mine. You know how some are, and I’ve been in the house we built going on 30 years now. I’m just me! Just got new neighbors from Oregon so they’re lost🤣and myself and the BOSS been helpful to them.

I'm the have smoker, tools, and bourbon and you are welcome to any of it neighbor.

I’m the need a tool neighbour who lends tools and only gets 50% of them back and can never remember who I lent it to.
I’m pretty sure this is theologically sound. In Heaven, the only a) tools you get to use, and/or b) books you get to read are the ones you loaned out and never got back. In my case, “tools” would include two 7-woods.

I'm the neighbor that knows everyone with a dog and JB is the "oh hey don't you work in golf...." guy.
Exhibit 4,357 in the “you and my wife were separated at birth” file. In our neighborhood, people know the dogs’ names but not their owners’.🤔🤔🤔

I'm the neighbor that can't get in his front of door when he gets home without getting neighbor'd. Everybody has a question about something.
That must be an Arkansas thing because I swear it was just like that when I'd come home each time when I lived there. lol

That must be an Arkansas thing because I swear it was just like that when I'd come home each time when I lived there. lol
It's been a me thing for a long time. Well before Arkansas. Contractor, friendly/cheerful, gets along with and chats up everyone, and generally willing to help... "Sorry, I got neighbor'd" has been in the wife and I's lexicon since the beginning. Lol

Here though you're right. It's definitely more. I basically let her know my ETA as I'm headed home so if she realizes I'm overdue she can come out and rescue me. 😆

But we're not close to our neighbors - neither physically nor socially. I live on 2 acres and don't have much contact beyond a wave when I pull onto our road. But I'm also the type who would prefer to get along with most people as opposed to feuding with them. I've introduced myself to new neighbors and welcomed them to the neighborhood. But that's about it.
I'm also the neighbor who nobody knows about. I live down a long hidden driveway and in a house that is barely visible from the road. Our previous home was in the same neighborhood and we never knew this one even existed until we were looking to move.

Screen-Shot-2024-04-30-at-12.15.32-PM.jpg

I am the neighbor with the pool and outdoor setup to watch games, fix things neighbor and the one who always has a Guinness ready.

Now might be neighbor with the SIM

We are the keep to ourselves and wave and say hello kind of neighbors. In our whole neighborhood I know the names of four of them. Works for me.
As far as what I do for the neighbors, its keep to myself and try to keep the best looking yard on the street.
I am an electrician by trade, yet I tell people I am a gynecologist, as I dare someone to ask me to come over and see if I can help them with a small little problem they are having. :LOL:

I'm the neighbor who can help with IT, basic stuff like replacing fixtures or fixing a broken toilet, help with changing a bulb in your car, etc. None of my neighbors are really too social but I have a bunch of close friends in the neighborhood and we all help each other out.

I'm also the guy who walks his dog 3-5 times a day so I get a lot of dog talk and polite catchups.

Back