Which Neighbor Are You?

1860VS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My Brain
My neighborhood is one of those where people move in and never move out. I've had the same next door neighbors for over 25 years. I know people and their kids all up and down our adjacent streets. We all have out different skill sets. Guy next door is an IT guy at one of the Big 3. Have a computer issue and he will fix it in a flash. . Guy across the street is a welder for one of the Big 3 who has a nice weld shop in his garage. I'm the "My lawn mower carburetor need to be rebuilt" and the "My kitchen sink is leaking" and the "My boat motor need a new water pump" guy...
Which neighbor are you?

The I don't know anyone and don't want to know anyone neighbor

I’m the “A wave from across the street while I am going in the house is good” neighbor.

I’m the Mr. Fix-it, neighborhood mechanic, need something heavy lifted- guy.

I’m the need a tool neighbour who lends tools and only gets 50% of them back and can never remember who I lent it to.

I'm the guy who can, and will build any type of structure you want. Need a structure to go away? No sweat. I am still a licensed contractor.

Need dirt work done? No problem, as I can grade, trench, or dig holes. Need trash hauled off? Yeah that too.

Sometimes I will do it for free, other times, I will charge something.

Where we live now, I have personally built 4 decks for folks. Funny thing is, I haven't built my own deck.

All that said, at my age, Im probably going have other's do the work.

I'm the neighbor that can't get in his front of door when he gets home without getting neighbor'd. Everybody has a question about something.

I'm the neighbor who owns a pickup truck LOL

We also have horses so often give neighborhood kids riding lessons

My neighborhood is one of those where people move in and never move out. I've had the same next door neighbors for over 25 years. I know people and their kids all up and down our adjacent streets. We all have out different skill sets. Guy next door is an IT guy at one of the Big 3. Have a computer issue and he will fix it in a flash. . Guy across the street is a welder for one of the Big 3 who has a nice weld shop in his garage. I'm the "My lawn mower carburetor need to be rebuilt" and the "My kitchen sink is leaking" and the "My boat motor need a new water pump" guy...
Which neighbor are you?
Do you live in Westland? Haha.

I'm the kind of neighbor who will gladly help someone with their small engine (at least to the point of suggesting they not use old gasoline), help them when an extra pair of hands are needed, or if they needed an home repair if within my scope of knowledge. If someone asked for my help I'd do as much as I could to help as long as I didn't feel like I was being used.

But we're not close to our neighbors - neither physically nor socially. I live on 2 acres and don't have much contact beyond a wave when I pull onto our road. But I'm also the type who would prefer to get along with most people as opposed to feuding with them. I've introduced myself to new neighbors and welcomed them to the neighborhood. But that's about it.

Scooby Doo Cartoon GIF by ADWEEK

I’m closer to the wave and that’s good enough for me neighbor. I’ll definitely have neighbors over for a game if I’ve got the smoker going. But I’m not having neighbors over for drinks every Friday for happy hour.

I’m the neighbor nobody borrows any tools from because I have the bare essentials.

Which neighbor are you?
The can I borrow a cup of milk neighbor..

I know and speak to all my neighbors by name and also know the names of the kids. But I don’t get invited to the kids wedding. That places me just about where I want to be in the relationship spectrum.

Put another way I might help them move, but I would not help them move a body.

I'm the friendly neighbor, that waves and says hi.

I’m the neighbor who waves hello but hopes you don’t actually want to come talk to me

I always find someone else's project are more interesting than mine. As the saying goes- A jack of all and a master of none. I enjoy helping people that need it.

I don't have neighbors. There are pros and cons.

I’m the “A wave from across the street while I am going in the house is good” neighbor.
Mostly this with a little I don’t need to know everyone. But also the helpful one here and there.

It’s a new development , but only about 35 homes. Mix of old young, local, soon to be retired that moved here (like me).

I’ve lived in my house for 35 yrs. Not many neighbors and the ones I have aren’t in close proximity. A few acres separate our houses.

I was friendly with my original set of neighbors who were all much older when I first moved in. Very nice people who have since passed. I haven’t even met the “new neighbors” other than a wave in passing or if I’m out cutting the grass.

Honestly, the 2 houses across the road are falling apart and one of them, empty for years, should be condemned. The sad thing… both of those homes are owned by the same guy and I don’t see anything happening.

I keep my mouth shut in the hopes they’ll either move or do some work…. I sense both are unlikely.

The new neighbors on either side of me… I’ve never met… and yeah, I think that’s weird.

I’m new to the neighborhood so I’m currently the enigma neighbor. No one is quite sure about me yet.

I spend so much time in the yard that the woodchuck that lives next door never lingers in my yard. I've seen it running across my yard.

We didn't go to the ceremony but were invited to reception of a next door neighbor. She moved and I talk occasionally with the couple that moved into that home.

Last edited:
This is me. I talk to my very next door neighbor some but that is about it. Always cordial, but not really more than acquainted with anyone.

I live in a bit of a cliquey cul de sac where most have lived here for years. There are often get togethers and the wife loves it. Me on the other hand…..

I'm the guy that understands how to set the Sprinkler system, Replace things, handyman that does Crown moulding, doors whatever. I just fix things

Back