What's your internet speed?

This is my first screen capture on the s4.

ejy6usyg.jpg

Fast..

Not bad for 6.30pm on a Friday night

Pretty fast internet in the UK.

With the S4 on my wifi

uvu3ema2.jpg

Pretty fast internet in the UK.

Only for those that can get cable really, otherwise you are talking a lot slower speeds

There is actually a package above the one we are on which gives 100 down and 10 up, but I have also heard that they could be upping the download to 120

Only for those that can get cable really, otherwise you are talking a lot slower speeds

There is actually a package above the one we are on which gives 100 down and 10 up, but I have also heard that they could be upping the download to 120
Seven more days until they start bringing the Fiber from the telephone poles to the homes in my neighborhood. Hope my house is one of the first!

Seven more days until they start bringing the Fiber from the telephone poles to the homes in my neighborhood. Hope my house is one of the first!

Cant wait to hear about this ridiculously fast internet Smalls!

Just make sure you don't have a stupid download limit though Smalls, otherwise you will hit it pretty quick with a fast download speed

Can't wait to experience it!

I will have to vicariously through you, I don't foresee it coming to my area anytime soon. Fingers crossed though

Just make sure you don't have a stupid download limit though Smalls, otherwise you will hit it pretty quick with a fast download speed

No data caps.

https://fiber.google.com/about/

Up to one gigabit upload & download speed • Full channel TV lineup • 2 year contract • No data caps
Nexus 7 tablet • 1 TV Box • Storage Box • Network Box • 1TB of storage across Gmail, Drive and G+ Photos •
$120/mo + taxes & fees

No data caps.

https://fiber.google.com/about/

Up to one gigabit upload & download speed • Full channel TV lineup • 2 year contract • No data caps
Nexus 7 tablet • 1 TV Box • Storage Box • Network Box • 1TB of storage across Gmail, Drive and G+ Photos •
$120/mo + taxes & fees

Sold! I want it

137 ......Oh sorry thought this was my internet Swing Speed.

That sounds like a good package there Smalls, no wonder you can't wait to get hooked up

Hmm, sounds like you might need to give the work crew a few "barley pops" to ensure you are one of the first in your neighborhood.

I'm pretty happy with this. Weird how much of a variance there is with people having fast upload by slow download, I would think it would be more consistent.
2774222771.png

I'm pretty happy with this. Weird how much of a variance there is with people having fast upload by slow download, I would think it would be more consistent.

A lot of ISPs limit residential upload so that people won't run websites from home servers.

I think they add more to the down than the up, because most people are downloading information than uploading it. Most of my uploading is when emailing and loading photos onto Photobucket. This Fiber is supposed to be insane downloads and equally insane uploads.

I heard somewhere that the speeds will still be limited by hardware whether that's the modem, router, or computer's hardware I don't know.

I heard somewhere that the speeds will still be limited by hardware whether that's the modem, router, or computer's hardware I don't know.

I'll let you know in a week or two.

That's awesome. Why did they pick KC as their starting location?

Back