What Would A Tour Victory Mean To Takomo Golf?

@JB what is the market share of all DTC companies combined? Is it even .5%?
No idea. They don’t register.

It is interesting though how many people here say tour pros never have influence and then say this has influence.

Personally, I don’t think of PXG as a DTC.

It's weird because by definition they definitely started as one. But they don't fit the typical idea of the buying a stock design and modifying. They were also funded by a billionaire.

But interesting to see their growth, starting from nothing

Are you including PXG or not?
They’re the biggest, technically.
It's weird because by definition they definitely started as one. But they don't fit the typical idea of the buying a stock design and modifying. They were also funded by a billionaire.

But interesting to see their growth, starting from nothing
Helps when you poach from PING. Haha

But I agree in that they are not grabbing near net forgings and finishing them.

They’re the biggest, technically.

Helps when you poach from PING. Haha

But I agree in that they are not grabbing near net forgings and finishing them.

My company poached me from somewhere, so i don't judge LOL

I'm also using PXG haha.....well at least until my 241s get here. Cmon Mizuno

Me too. Can we use ab coins?
Betting Mads Mikkelsen GIF by James Bond 007

I kind of hate the brand on multiple levels so I'll root against it even though Wesley winning would be cool.

Not as much as the internet wants it to mean. Cool story, still won’t make a real difference in market share
Do you think YouTube golf presence that Takomo has developed with Bryan Brothers and BustaJack has more influence than Wesley winning a tournament that few are paying attention to. I hope he pulls off the win. I’m a big Bryan Brothers fan.

Do you think YouTube golf presence that Takomo has developed with Bryan Brothers and BustaJack has more influence than Wesley winning a tournament that few are paying attention to. I hope he pulls off the win. I’m a big Bryan Brothers fan.
I think both are not nearly as big as people want them to be. Does it help them? Of course. Is it life or trajectory altering for the brand? No.

Maybe this is due to the Caley non-filled hollow body iron scandal? 😏
It’s due to a shaft supply and build time issue. You can still buy heads only.

And they still haven’t put a real dent in the market share.

But, it’s a fun story, and in that case it has real tech behind it.

No one is going to dent market share with 1 win. Would take years and years of putting out good products. But small wins/increases over time start to add up. And that’s what needed. Continuous small gains.

That’s what a win would do imo. A small gain that’s rather meaningless now, but another step forward.

No one is going to dent market share with 1 win. Would take years and years of putting out good products. But small wins/increases over time start to add up. And that’s what needed. Continuous small gains.

That’s what a win would do imo. A small gain that’s rather meaningless now, but another step forward.
Step forward to what though? Being a household name? Or just existing?

I think both are not nearly as big as people want them to be. Does it help them? Of course. Is it life or trajectory altering for the brand? No.
Totally agree. I’d think that Wesley probably has a bigger YouTube following than a tour following. They currently have 345 thousand subscribers. Even if 30% of those people were to switch to Takomo it would minimal effect to market share. All that being said I might get a chance to swing some Takomo clubs tomorrow.

No idea. They don’t register.

It is interesting though how many people here say tour pros never have influence and then say this has influence.
In this case I think there is more influence via YouTube than via the tour presence that Wesley has. Both will boost Takomo bottom line but have no real meaning to market share in the world of golf clubs.

Having hit their stuff I might even be on their side if they didn't make me hate them.

Like, I've given countless dollars to YouTube/Google over the years. And it all started with a desire, nay need, to not see an Accustrike ad during any YouTube videos again in my life. Ever.

When so many people and so much content I want to enjoy is bought up by a company I mostly just don't care about, but am then forced to hear about constantly, I really start to dislike them.

Youtube player signs with companies = celebration of influence

Website or Digest does it = bias and horrible.

Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Youtube player signs with companies = celebration of influence

Website or Digest does it = bias and horrible.

Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Checks Out Season 2 GIF by The Office

I kind of hate the brand on multiple levels so I'll root against it even though Wesley winning would be cool.
Need some more details here..

As someone who worked in club planning this could mean multiple things. They didn’t plan properly, KBS is prioritizing other manufacturers who do more business with them, they are winding this model to come out with a new version, etc

Back