What Would A Tour Victory Mean To Takomo Golf?

I would take that bet.
I guess I should have said the younger demographic is watching more YT golf. Either way, it is my opinion not a wager.

To be out of everything just seems a little unprepared, to be me.
It's just the 101 iron they have other models in stock

Of course they do. But tomorrow, Scottie Scheffler is going to win...again...and I don't think Wesley Bryan winning is going to draw much attention.

Again, good for Takomo golf getting a win. I just don't think this makes Takomo a player in the market. If this was a win at The Players, Masters, US Open, Open, PGA or even Bayhill then maybe.

I agree, and even IF Bryan were to win the Masters i don't see it as anymore than a slight bump at the time. Obviously as others have said any publicity is good and it couldn't hurt

But it's not going to catapult them or any other DTC. Heck Ryan Moore was on Scratch's staff for a while and they went bankrupt soon after. It gave them a nice bump on the golf forum communities but that's a drop in the bucket

Most people don't buy golf clubs on a whim (i mean, we do ...but) ....the guys who would consider Takomo might only buy clubs 7 months later....by then they will have forgotten the name

Not as much as the internet wants it to mean. Cool story, still won’t make a real difference in market share
Nope. Not at all. Tour win would be cool for them and they have gained a bunch of steam as a DTC brand. I’m a fan of there being less expensive alternatives for golfers out there if that’s what they are searching for. But like you mention, it won’t mess with market share at all.

Not as much as the internet wants it to mean. Cool story, still won’t make a real difference in market share
Some of the big manufacturers don’t have a significant piece of the market share. Is market share the only measuring point to truly confirm their appeal/influence?

Nope. Not at all. Tour win would be cool for them and they have gained a bunch of steam as a DTC brand. I’m a fan of there being less expensive alternatives for golfers out there if that’s what they are searching for. But like you mention, it won’t mess with market share at all.
Bingo.

A really fun story.

But I think people don’t really understand how much it takes to get ANY market share.

Some of the big manufacturers don’t have a significant piece of the market share. Is market share the only measuring point to truly confirm their appeal/influence?
It’s a massive part of why it is tracked.

Look at New Level, multiple wins on a Tour including a major on that Tour.

What did it mean for them? Same thing it would here.

A really easy marketing story for them, and a feel good story. Does it make a difference in the grand scheme of the brand becoming more prominent or anything like that? No. But, it’s a great moment for them as a company, and I don’t understand why that isn’t enough?

Look at New Level, multiple wins on a Tour including a major on that Tour.

What did it mean for them? Same thing it would here.

A really easy marketing story for them, and a feel good story. Does it make a difference in the grand scheme of the brand becoming more prominent or anything like that? No. But, it’s a great moment for them as a company, and I don’t understand why that isn’t enough?
Consumers want to believe what they are getting at less of a price is just as good to win on the big stage…and I’m not meaning the tours. And that’s fine…no argument/beef here with that belief. It’s just hard to really crack a dent into that 1%.

Think its going to take more than 1 golfer. Look how many were playing LAB at the Masters.

Consumers want to believe what they are getting at less of a price is just as good to win on the big stage…and I’m not meaning the tours. And that’s fine…no argument/beef here with that belief. It’s just hard to really crack a dent into that 1%.
Agreed.

We are both all for companies getting their moment and for people playing what they want. But a company like Takomo, New Level, Haywood, or Hogan aren’t going to be true disruptors, and that’s ok, they can just have a few feel good moments like this would be.

Think it’s going to take more than 1 golfer. Look how many were playing LAB at the Masters.
And they still haven’t put a real dent in the market share.

But, it’s a fun story, and in that case it has real tech behind it.

Agreed.

We are both all for companies getting their moment and for people playing what they want. But a company like Takomo, New Level, Haywood, or Hogan aren’t going to be true disruptors, and that’s ok, they can just have a few feel good moments like this would be.
And that’s cool for them, and esp for people who have them in the bag when that moment happens. Definitely not here to trample on that part. Enjoy it…take some pride in it if you choose to…but bigger picture, well you know.

And that’s cool for them, and esp for people who have them in the bag when that moment happens. Definitely not here to trample on that part. Enjoy it…take some pride in it if you choose to…but bigger picture, well you know.
Yep. 100%.

Think its going to take more than 1 golfer. Look how many were playing LAB at the Masters.
LAB is the opposite of this though, they are considerably more expensive most other non-boutique putters on market

LAB is the opposite of this though, they are considerably more expensive most other non-boutique putters on market
But LAB also has heavy R&D behind them to necessitate a chunk of that price.

To be fair I don't think Takomo really needs to take any market share to be a booming success by small company standards. Have to start somewhere. You see more pros moving to the smaller companies which I think is really cool to see since I like playing their products.

To be fair I don't think Takomo really needs to take any market share to be a booming success by small company standards. Have to start somewhere. You see more pros moving to the smaller companies which I think is really cool to see since I like playing their products.
I agree with the first part, fwiw.

As to the second, do we? I’d add to that many, not all, but many of the ones we do have an ownership stake in the smaller companies, not all, but many. Frankly, that’s cool too imo.

@JB what is the market share of all DTC companies combined? Is it even .5%?

I think the other thing that a win would be good for them with is the group out there that just want to go against the grain and play something different, to stand out. So many times we hear about the price, but I don’t buy that as much given you can get like new sets of previous gen irons for the same price range that have way more R&D in them.

The bigger story imo, is the anti-establishment side of it all, people like to be different, especially on the internet. You know what? That’s ok too.

Right, being successful is relative. You can have 1% market share but if your costs are inline and you're earning a nice living.....maybe they are content with that.

I like some of the DTC stuff but i don't think it's set up for them to be huge.

I personally just like the validation. I enjoy playing the DTC stuff, but it's always in the back of my mind what I might be giving up tech, distance, forgiveness wise.

Back