What Would A Tour Victory Mean To Takomo Golf?

Thrillbilly Jim

Naysayer Trendsetter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
PGA winner and YouTube golfer, Wesley Bryan has led all three rounds of the Corales Puntacana Championship. What makes this interesting is Bryan uses Takomo irons. Takomo is a DTC company in Finland who really generated a buzz over the last year or two. Based on YouTube reviews and the fact that their equipment is considerably cheaper than other OEMs, Takomo Golf has made a name for itself in the U.S. market.

Now, my question is … If Wesley Bryan goes bell to bell and hoists the trophy tomorrow, what does that mean for Takomo Golf? Is it validation? Does it lead to more sales? Would it make you look at Takomo golf clubs?

Tour validation is always cool.

I doubt masses of golfers are going out to buy a set.
Why not? If he wins, I bet Takomo promotes the heck out of it.

Tour validation is always cool.

I doubt masses of golfers are going out to buy a set.
I mean they are continuously sold out now since the big YouTube guys have all gone to them. Must work

Why not? If he wins, I bet Takomo promotes the heck out of it.
Of course they do. But tomorrow, Scottie Scheffler is going to win...again...and I don't think Wesley Bryan winning is going to draw much attention.

Again, good for Takomo golf getting a win. I just don't think this makes Takomo a player in the market. If this was a win at The Players, Masters, US Open, Open, PGA or even Bayhill then maybe.

Was was thinking about this earlier. To Loma and LAB go in the bag and he wins. Would make great stories for both brands.

Career totally derailed and pulls off a win. It would be awesome and I hope it happens.

I mean they are continuously sold out now since the big YouTube guys have all gone to them. Must work
Are they? Cool?

Was was thinking about this earlier. To Loma and LAB go in the bag and he wins. Would make great stories for both brands.

Career totally derailed and pulls off a win. It would be awesome and I hope it happens.
Great for Wesley Bryan.

Of course they do. But tomorrow, Scottie Scheffler is going to win...again...and I don't think Wesley Bryan winning is going to draw much attention.

Again, good for Takomo golf getting a win. I just don't think this makes Takomo a player in the market. If this was a win at The Players, Masters, US Open, Open, PGA or even Bayhill then maybe.
@blugold said it perfectly!!
Their website will get a bump but it's not like its a Major or a major player.

@blugold said it perfectly!!
Their website will get a bump but it's not like its a Major or a major player.
Think we're being a little harsh on the player, gear aside they're ultimately the one who still has to close it out. Do we really care that they play takomo or Titleist?

There was some similar talk on another forum earlier. Interesting stuff.

I definitely think Takomo sees an increase, but more importantly I think more people open up to DTC in general, which is awesome.

I was planning on ordering some iron heads next week I think. Takomo was one I was considering...that sucks for me.

I like WB a lot though. Would love for him to grab a win.

Any publicity would drive more eyes to their site which is a good thing.

Our golf association magazine ran a bigger story on Takomo a while ago. I'll see if I can find it online. They are saying that there is significant focus also on the tours.

Edit: here it is translated form.

I mean his validation of strokes gained is quite a feat. I know he has been grinding even if he says he has just been making YouTube videos. I think an inside the look/life/house of his showed how badly he wants to be successful on tour again.

I really want to see him win as he might be my favorite YT persona next to Bobby fairways

How much more could a tour win do for a brand that is always consistently sold out anyway?

Not much I would think. I watch a lot of golf and know who WB is, but I'm not sure how many recreational golfers do. Besides, I never could understand the rationale of buying golf clubs just because some professional golfer endorses/uses them.

I would venture to say more people are watching YT golf than on tv. This would be a huge thing for Takomo golf and could propel them to the top of DTC golf products. I hope it happens Today.

Not as much as the internet wants it to mean. Cool story, still won’t make a real difference in market share

I think this is the answer, whether or not Scheffler wins. Best for Takomo but that win won't do much compared to the heritage win.

Back