What Would A Tour Victory Mean To Takomo Golf?

As someone who worked in club planning this could mean multiple things. They didn’t plan properly, KBS is prioritizing other manufacturers who do more business with them, they are winding this model to come out with a new version, etc
They have the 101t and others now I'm guessing that's where the inventory is going

I think I'm going to give these a try next set. A win would be huge for them and validate the brand even more.

DTC is really interesting. I know some are turned off by it but there's a few reasons why I think it's great for the game and upcoming brands.

Retail can be very challenging for small companies for a variety of reasons...

• Margins are cut in half
  • Shelf space can be pulled at any time even if you have a better product, pricing and sell through
  • Big brands can force their products to be carried across all lines meaning small brands get pulled first
  • Payment terms are immediate online where retailers may expect 60+ day terms
  • There's only 3 major off course retailers to target (Worldwide Golf, Dicks/Golf Galaxy, PGA SS)
  • Green grass requires a lot of work to support, sell to and collect from - some are great but some require a lot of follow up

Youtube player signs with companies = celebration of influence

Website or Digest does it = bias and horrible.

Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I can see your point.
website or digest will test and write articles, but the player will go play with them and do videos or whatever. most of the time you don't hear negatives on the youtuber's content all that much (and that sways people) which is kind of suspect in itself.
either way people will see bias where they want to see it. human nature.

I'm not sure the question Cobb was asking was specific to what THPers will think. you guys are just built different :)
I could be wrong though. I'm not that smart

I really think the point here is maybe more exposure to the general non-golf psycho population who may not have heard of the company. a "tour win" that is marketed right will introduce DTC to a TON more people. not everyone can afford, or just may not be willing to spend the big bucks for new stuff. I honestly think people should test things themselves because not everything works for everyone. DTC in general lowers the barrier to entry (or just upgrading to something new) for a LOT of people. golf is expensive. it really doesn't have to be.

I can see your point.
website or digest will test and write articles, but the player will go play with them and do videos or whatever. most of the time you don't hear negatives on the youtuber's content all that much (and that sways people) which is kind of suspect in itself.
either way people will see bias where they want to see it. human nature.

I'm not sure the question Cobb was asking was specific to what THPers will think. you guys are just built different :)
I could be wrong though. I'm not that smart

I really think the point here is maybe more exposure to the general non-golf psycho population who may not have heard of the company. a "tour win" that is marketed right will introduce DTC to a TON more people. not everyone can afford, or just may not be willing to spend the big bucks for new stuff. I honestly think people should test things themselves because not everything works for everyone. DTC in general lowers the barrier to entry (or just upgrading to something new) for a LOT of people. golf is expensive. it really doesn't have to be.
My original post did not have anything to do with bias for/against DTC companies or for/against YouTube or Digest/Online reviews. I just really am curious if a tour victory would make a big impact in Takomo’s sales this quarter or if it will be a nice footnote in history.

My original post did not have anything to do with bias for/against DTC companies or for/against YouTube or Digest/Online reviews. I just really am curious if a tour victory would make a big impact in Takomo’s sales this quarter or if it will be a nice footnote in history.
Gotcha. I still say it gives them more visibility with casual golfers.

He nearly pulled it off, took a 63 from Horschel to beat him

IMO they'll see a huge sales boost from it. Diehard golfers are aware of the brand but infrequent players looking for a deal will inquire.

Youtube player signs with companies = celebration of influence

Website or Digest does it = bias and horrible.

Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
This does bring up a great point on how sponsored vs unsponsored reviews should be digested.

Maybe Takomo reads THP?!
IMG_2501.jpeg

IMO they'll see a huge sales boost from it. Diehard golfers are aware of the brand but infrequent players looking for a deal will inquire.

do you think the infrequent players are watching the puntacana?

Not while the RBC was going on, and even during weather delays if you really wanted to watch golf you'd be more likely to flip over to the LPGA

Definitely not but marketing IMO becomes easier when players win with your design.

Just like Takomo has done announcing the 2nd place finish @Thrillbilly Jim posted earlier in this thread.
You can push content via social media, press releases etc. it still helps no matter what the event is.
Obviously the more well known events and players help even more.

Last edited:
If you want Takomo irons, but they are sold out. Just get them with a different name on them.

1713820993054.png

Back