What is your favorite Firearm?

The more rounds I put through this one the more I like it. It’s so damn fun. Now if my barrel accessory would get out of jail I’d be good. Gonna replace the folding brace with something more minimalist at some point also

38E410E4-F1EF-48B6-9FF2-2C02B5AA0E78.jpeg

Last edited:
I had one, but it was .32 Winchester Special. Pre 1964 model 94.

Not trying to be contentious, but I much prefer the Marlin lever action rifles. Much better, more solid action. I have a 1950 vintage Marlin 336RC in .30-30 that is awesome.

Not trying to be contentious, but I much prefer the Marlin lever action rifles. Much better, more solid action. I have a 1950 vintage Marlin 336RC in .30-30 that is awesome.
I like em both. Henry small caliber stuff is awesome too.

I have never shot a vintage Marlin. I'll be sure to do it if I ever get the chance.

My favorite range pistol is unquestionably my Staccato R.
IMG_2922-18pct.JPG
I have never shot a Staccato, but they are suppose to be great to shoot and are made right here in Georgetown. I actually met a guy that works there and loves it. Too bad they discontinued the R model.

I have never shot a Staccato, but they are suppose to be great to shoot ...
Trust me: They are :) Sweetest-shooting pistol I own.

Too bad they discontinued the R model.
Not enough demand compared to their double-stack pistols.

Been having a lot of fun with this one lately. Hopefully will be able to pick up the can for it soon.

36d2e45f370bab701a741c2e7721948b.jpg

I don't have any of the fancy armament that some of you do, mine is confined to hunting. I sincerely love a Remington 1100 semi-auto shotgun in 12 Ga. I bought this many years ago, when Remington still made quality firearms. A buddy of mine was moving out to Colorado for work, a common occurence here in the late 80's, since the steel mills closed in the late 70's! He said that he had his 1100 up for sale and to let him know if somebody wanted it. I asked him how much he wanted for it, and when he said 150 bucks, I said sold!

Yeah, I was poor at the time, but I wanted that gun. This is 40+ years later, and it still works perfectly and has needed no work. And, It has killed a ton of pheasant for me! I think that it might be the best gun I own, other than my Remington BDL in .243 Win that can shoot through the same hole twice! This putchase was also made a while ago!

A loaded one..

Hard to say, but the one I’ve used the most is the Ruger Red Label 20 gauge Over & Under shotgun with 28” barrels and pistol grip stock that I bought with graduation money 33 years ago. The bluing is all but worn off in many places. A bit dinged up, got some rust here and there, the stock finish and checkering are rubbed smooth. Easily over 15,000 shells or more have been run through it. Barrel selector isn’t working either.

I will never part with it.

I have a Marlin lever action 308. It takes a special ammo called Leverloution. It's a beast to shoot.

This is my Gucci Build. Radian Builder Kit with a Razor Gen II-E and offset Holosun 509T and a Sandman-K.

And here I though golf was expensive.

Attachments

• BB15BBA5-65DA-4B2F-B41B-DC43D59ED1E1.jpeg
    BB15BBA5-65DA-4B2F-B41B-DC43D59ED1E1.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 24
I don't have any of the fancy armament that some of you do, mine is confined to hunting. I sincerely love a Remington 1100 semi-auto shotgun in 12 Ga. I bought this many years ago, when Remington still made quality firearms. A buddy of mine was moving out to Colorado for work, a common occurence here in the late 80's, since the steel mills closed in the late 70's! He said that he had his 1100 up for sale and to let him know if somebody wanted it. I asked him how much he wanted for it, and when he said 150 bucks, I said sold!

Yeah, I was poor at the time, but I wanted that gun. This is 40+ years later, and it still works perfectly and has needed no work. And, It has killed a ton of pheasant for me! I think that it might be the best gun I own, other than my Remington BDL in .243 Win that can shoot through the same hole twice! This putchase was also made a while ago!
I still have a 12ga 1100 I got in the very early 80s. It has been rebarreled three times. been through countless action springs, but the receiver is still in great condition. I shot competitively for a number of years and that firearm is probably pushing 250,000 trap loads. That receiver has no right to be in spec. It's amazing to me because I have worn out Brownings, Beretta and Benellis with much less use.

SKS 1.jpg

AD5C0C86-7FC8-44CF-BA26-4C7BF24529EF.jpeg

Been a THPer for 10 minutes and I magically find this thread, lol.

For sentimental purposes, my favorite is my grandfathers Colt 1911 from 1947. Still in 95% condition and a beautiful gun.

To shoot, mine is a custom 6.5 CM I built for long range matches. It started as a standard Savage short action but the action is all that’s original now. New trigger, barrel, stock, bedded, vortex glass. Its a joy to shoot and more accurate than I am.

Been a THPer for 10 minutes and I magically find this thread, lol.

For sentimental purposes, my favorite is my grandfathers Colt 1911 from 1947. Still in 95% condition and a beautiful gun.

To shoot, mine is a custom 6.5 CM I built for long range matches. It started as a standard Savage short action but the action is all that’s original now. New trigger, barrel, stock, bedded, vortex glass. Its a joy to shoot and more accurate than I am.

6.5 CM has been on my wish list for way too long.

6.5 CM has been on my wish list for way too long.
If you handload, take the dive and do it. So many great options and you can really dial it in and squeeze all the performance out of it.

I still have a 12ga 1100 I got in the very early 80s. It has been rebarreled three times. been through countless action springs, but the receiver is still in great condition. I shot competitively for a number of years and that firearm is probably pushing 250,000 trap loads. That receiver has no right to be in spec. It's amazing to me because I have worn out Brownings, Beretta and Benellis with much less use.

Now THIS is amazing! Shooting competitively with an "off the rack" shotgun not really designed for that purpose, indicates just how good Remington's quality used to be. A few years ago, on another webforum, I saw a thread titled "Krieghof vs Perazzi". I though it was referencing the latest MMA title fight. I clicked on it, and it was a comparison of trap and skeet guns. Both of them looked like they were built like bank vaults. And they were expensive!

Yet, here's another example of old style Remington quality. My buddy has a Remington Model 1900 SxS in 12 gauge, with damascus barrels. It's the basic grade, but it is gorgeous. The serial number indicates that it was built in 1903. We were out pheasant hunting one icy Winter's day, when he slipped on the ice, fell, and broke the buttstock of the gun. He retreated to his Rem 870 pump in 16 gauge, which he had shells for. Good thing! Lotsa luck finding those today.

Anyway, I looked up a bunch of stuff online, and announced that I could fix his gun. I guess I was out of my mind! Anyway, the fit of this gun was so tight, even at over 100 years old, that I had a problem getting it back together! What I had to do was put one part in a very slow oven and heat it up to get it to expand a little, and put another in the freezer to get it to contract a little. I carved out some extra spaces in the stock to accomodate the marine epoxy I used to glue the stock back together.

Once I got the gun reassembled, we took it out for a test. We first fired a shot out of the right barrel and opened the gun to see if the automatic ejector worked. Did the same wth the left barrel. Ditto. My buddy thought we were done. Oh no! Load a shell in each barrel, fire one, and open the gun and see if the auto ejectors left the unfired shell in the barrel. Check! Meanwhile, his GSPs are howling their asses off because they think bird hunting is going on and they want to be a part of it! Believe me I was sweating bullets hoping that everything would work. There was functional stuff buried in the buttstock, and more in the foreend! Good grief! :oops:

Long story long, that gun works perfectly to this day. He has to use specially made low power shells in it to avoid blowing up the damascus barrels. He is friends with a guy who has an FF license, who can order those shells for him. Problem is, they are way behind. "Supply chain" issues and all of that! So, he may have to go back to the 16 gauge depending on how many shells he has left. But I'll say this. My buddy has no problem whacking the crap out of pheasant with so called "low power" loads. As his buddy, the firearms dealer says, neither did our great Grandads! What happened was shotgun manufacturers were now manufacturing new arms featuring "liquid steel" or "cast steel" barrels which were stronger and "needed" more powerful ammo! Marketing then, marketing now!

Back