What is your favorite Firearm?

Then enter the 3-1/2” Nitro Magnum Tungsten, blah blah blah blah gang. Shotguns are in a class of their own and for the most part timeless. There’s plenty of new shiny tacticool garbage for the Instagram crowd, but they’ll never replace wood and blued steel.

Extra style points for 16’s and 28’s!

I have a few favorites - here are two of them

muzzleloader 005a.jpg

Only need one. S&W M&P 2.0 with 3.6 barrel. Used as CC

I have many. But my two favorites right now are probably my Sig p226 and DD MK18.

Two is one and one is none. 😉

I've always had two of my carry gun. Shield+ right now. M&P 2.0 4" compact or G19 in the winter.
The Shield looks like a Fantastic CC with extended Mag... I have big hands.

Pre 64, Winchester 30-30....such a fun gun to shoot.
1667478532998.png

Trust me: They are :) Sweetest-shooting pistol I own.

Not enough demand compared to their double-stack pistols.
Going on a Tour of their factory next month. I’ll try and post some pictures here. Can’t wait. Don’t own one but might have the tour 😂

So many to choose from for different uses.
Wingshooting- Beretta A390 Silver Mallard in 20GA. There is nothing in MI you cant quickly dispatch with a 20 ga if you take good shots.
Skeet and trap- the venerable Remington 870. Built like a tank. All day shooting comfort for even novice shooters.
Big game Browning BLR..308 Mine has gotten everything in N America but the western bears and cats.
.22 Lever rifle Browning BL22.
Rimfire revolver- Ruger Single 6 Hunter
Rimfire semiauto- Ruger Mark IV hunter

My favorite 3 gun match setup:
AR- Sig piston action. Heavier than a direct impingement gun, but it can go a zillon rounds without the chamber getting fouled up.
Buckshot gun- Mossberg 500. With its dual extractors the 500 is incredibly reliable.
Sig P226 X-5

Concealed carry
Springfield EMP4

Those are just my favorites. There are many more very good onbes. They get used or they leave the safes.

So yes there is so many to choose from for different needs..

Everyday carry
M&P shield in 40
Big game hunting
Weatherby mark v ultralight for a old man this rifle is a joy to carry in the woods. Fully loaded with scope and sling 270win weighs in at 7.2 lbs.
Shotgun tried and true 870

Gun just because it's a thing beauty
Ruger No.1 the thing is just a gun to look at and shoots like a dream.

Any AR for a throw in the truck because s***s going down.. they are easy to repair and simple to swap out parts.. zombie government freak out yep have one in every rig..

So yes there is so many to choose from for different needs..

Everyday carry
M&P shield in 40
Big game hunting
Weatherby mark v ultralight for a old man this rifle is a joy to carry in the woods. Fully loaded with scope and sling 270win weighs in at 7.2 lbs.
Shotgun tried and true 870

Gun just because it's a thing beauty
Ruger No.1 the thing is just a gun to look at and shoots like a dream.

Any AR for a throw in the truck because s***s going down.. they are easy to repair and simple to swap out parts.. zombie government freak out yep have one in every rig..

I agree the Ruger #1 -- here is my 375 H&H - a bit modified to suit me.

thumbnail_p1000937_60470a32a9b612697f9f76fa0c5cf29b88860ade.jpgthumbnail_p1000955a_2c9bcb948e6c567aa21946e9685d25b18fb01ffc.jpg

Glock 26 - carry’s like a small gun and shoots like a big gun.

Sig P365XL is also a really good modern, thin gun, with plug and play red dot options.

Glock 26 - carry’s like a small gun and shoots like a big gun.

Sig P365XL is also a really good modern, thin gun, with plug and play red dot options.
The red dot integration on the Sigs is so nice.

There are so many to chose from but the one that means the most to me is my Winchester model 94 30-30 built in 1956 that was given to my dad when he turned 16 and he gave it to me when I turned 16.
That’s aweome

I have the Model 94 30-30 my Dad gave me when I was 12 and I have his that’s a pre-64

My Ruger American in 22-250 for yotes
Nikon ProStaff 4-16x 42
With REM CoreLokt 55gr

Last edited:
I recall being the last speaker at a convention in the Midwest.
All the guys carrying concealed weapons took them out to show to the others who were also carrying!

Then my host took me out for pizza lunch and off to airport to go home!

I don't own any, do you hear that ATF. But IF I was to own one it would be the Tanfoglio Stock Master cambered in 9mm.

Beretta AL390 Sporting

my fav is H&K USP

Back