What is your favorite Firearm?

My Walther PPS M1

It’s a single stack 9mm with euro paddles for the mag release. Super slim pistol that I plan on getting my CCL with.

Tried it, I have big hands and preferred the 3.6 for Concele/Carry
Yeah, I understand completely. I carry a 4" compact M&P in the winter sometimes. The Shield+ is the only micro-9 I can shoot well while shooting fast. The Hellcat and 365 didn't work for me at all.

I choose not to have firearms in my house while I still had kids living with me. What I had I stored at my dads in his safe.

The kids are out and I have made up for lost time.

Hard to pick a favorite Sig, I love them all but;

Favorite Range Pistol - Sig Sauer P226 X-Five Competition (9mm)
Favorite All Around - Sig Sauer P220 Stainless Elite Carry (.45ACP)
Favorite CC - Sig Sauer P229 Legion Compact (9mm)

Favorite Revolver - Ruger 44 mag. Super Blackhawk 3 Screw

Favorite “Holy cr*p”! - Desert Eagle 50 mag

Favorite Trap, Skeet, birds - Remington Wingmaster Model 870 12 ga.

Favorite Hunting - Winchester Model 70 XTR Sporter Magnum .300 Win Mag.
I don’t really hunt for deer or Elk anymore, more of a range rifle now.

View attachment 9076181View attachment 9076182View attachment 9076183View attachment 9076184View attachment 9076185

I picked up a Sig Sauer P365XL Spectre Comp yesterday and took a couple pictures since it won't look clean like this for long. I have a few Sigs but this is my first Striker fired pistol. I wanted something smaller as an option. I don't carry as often as I'd like due to the size and weight of my DA/SA pistols and want to see if a micro-compact changes that.

Sig_Sauer_P365_5755s_72pi.jpgSig_Sauer_P365_5757s_72pi.jpg

I have a Browning Citori Grade 3 O/U Trap Shotgun Ported with the most beautiful Black Walnut stock.
Haven't used in awhile, She's a beaut for sure.

some day would like to have one of these to add to the collection..

sig-p210-target-in-9-mm-luger.jpg

The Shield+ with the new trigger is something you should try. 13 rounds, shoots like a "bigger" handgun for me View attachment 9084769

I don’t gots the dot, I carry to fight to my car where I have unlimited (within reason) firepower. I figure most bad guys can’t hit at 5 yards, I can rail 14 shots from 7 yards and not miss a 6”x8” target in under 3 seconds? CM to 25 yards without the optics? If I need them I have them. (I’m good to 50ish yards with a dot thing, I’ll still hit with irons at that range it just might take more than one?).

About to photo bomb as I have a new CCW and a new Duty Gun. No optics. May go there on the VP9. But honestly the Shield Plus? Does everything I need a CCW gun to do. I was carrying a Sig P365x RZ. It did everything I needed as well, so no knock on it. I may still carry it when going outdoors, the red dot is great for distance?

If they go bang every time and shoot where pointed? I’m a happy man. I’ve cycled both clips twice on both guns with carry ammo (ouch on that price!!) and both with practice ammo to 230 rounds. Zero failures. None. My BIL’s carry gun stove piped on me (it’s a freaking Kahr??-they’re tight tolerance and need a couple hundred rounds, so I know he hasn’t shot it enough, once they’re shot they’re top on the market) and his duty gun, it jammed too. Ok.

I make sure my stuff doesn’t? That’s why I burned off $120 worth of carry ammo and I don’t know how much I’m practice ammo? Not as much I don’t think. It then took another $120 to refill the clips with defense ammo. Oof. Ok. New toys. 71E3422E-B8CC-45FC-9D5E-A6C362294B94.jpegAAA2C4B6-F8B3-41DF-B0C6-872BCD25AE37.jpegEA003EEC-E8C9-48B1-9BFD-75D43027B131.jpeg363DBB67-710A-4841-BAC8-7EE1C3D9D17E.jpegD7B66FC9-8DAD-4648-B55E-A2808952F970.jpegF639EF8E-13AD-451B-8859-A1F6BC9DA1FA.jpeg

I hope those of you that don’t or even do carry look at my right forefinger in every picture. I’ve never taught a CCW class, I won’t? It’s not my thing. But I have over 3x the requirements to do so here.

So I’ll Internet teach. Don’t put your finger on the trigger until you’re ready to shoot whatever is there. Just don’t. It’s a very simple thing but needs to be taught. Trust me, I’m sub 1 second go time. If I’m defensive I’m walking in a left hand under, right hand over at the waist. If you train you can be too. However you don’t touch a trigger until you want to shoot. (Not directed at anyone).

For those that don’t know, I’ll ask a question and it may vary by state. I know the rules in mine. I’ve been ding donged on my doorbell at (roughly) 2 and 3am the past couple nights. Kids, probably my kids friends being ornery. What is your best course?

1. Crack a window and rack a shotgun?
2. Flying tackle, hold one down for the police (you have to have the skill for this and trust me I do-it’ll be lol if they’re my kids size 18/17/10.
3. Meet them at the door with a gun.
4. Call local LEO. (I’m not an LEO).

?

1. Dots are faster and more accurate. There's a reason why the top USPSA shooters shoot faster on the same stage with carry optics than irons.

2. Avoidance as long as it's safe is always the best option. Escalation is always a bad idea.

1. Dots are faster and more accurate. There's a reason why the top USPSA shooters shoot faster on the same stage with carry optics than irons.

Certainly wasn’t always the case, but they’ve come along way.

I'll
Certainly wasn’t always the case, but they’ve come along way.
clarify: with good, repeatable fundamentals, dots are faster and more accurate. ;)

If your draw and presentation sucks, you'll be searching for the dot and be slower.

2. Avoidance as long as it's safe is always the best option. Escalation is always a bad idea.

2. is 100% correct. Who cares if some kids wakes you up a couple time’s? If it’s a common occurrence I’ll find a suitable solution? Probably scare the crap out of them by just being a big intimidating guy?

1-I’ll disagree. I am not faster with dots and I’ve carried a Red Dot for the past year. I’ll grant that at distance it is MUCH better. I can hit with irons at 25 yards at .5 seconds 95% of the time. I don’t miss with them at 7 yards. I had to think of the purpose of a CCW. I couldn’t go fast with a dot. As accurately as I could with sights. It always took me an extra half second to find it? Once I did I was more accurate? But me personally? I’m not as fast as I need to be with one.

Don't take this wrong, but your fundamentals have a flaw if you are losing the dot and shooting slower.

How much do you shoot, and are you classified in USPSA or IDPA?

I'll

clarify: with good, repeatable fundamentals, dots are faster and more accurate. ;)

If your draw and presentation sucks, you'll be searching for the dot and be slower.

I remember way back in the 90’s when Jerry Barnhart won the Nationals with an Aimpoint and everyone was wondering if he got lost going to the Bianchi Cup. That was the IPSC game changer. Once the heads up view replaced the tube it was all over.

I'll

Trust me, my draw to target went from sub 1.0 to sub 1.5 with a dot. I’ve tried several. I didn’t mind the Sig? Inside range I could use the big green thing on it? 😂. Inside 15 yards I hit. Outside of that I had to guess whatever it was was covering or acquire the red dot. Which takes more time. I guess it comes down to distance for me.

If I plan to have to go beyond 20 yards I’ll go dot. Inside that I’ll hit. I’ve shot enough rounds I’m generally point and shoot inside that anyways but most folks would be shocked at how many people miss from 5 yards or less?

That’s what I didn’t like about the Sig with RZ. Inside 15 yards? Awesome. Over 25 yard, awesome. I could have went another sighting system but I doubt I see the price of guns go down so they’re an investment too at this point.

In between I feel like irons but their’s covered like 100 mils. So that 15-25 yard range sucked for me. I’ll just go irons? I think? Today! 😂. At a laser measured 46 yards I hit over 80% (aimed untimed fire with the HK VP9) It was well under with the S&W but around 50%. Interestingly with just a pip I burned an entire load of 7 12 gauge slugs from a riot gun and hit the 6”x8” target every time from 46 yards? Somehow I didn’t kill someone at 25 yards (loaded with 00 which hits low right) when i shot them with this? Mystery of nature and a methed up shootee. ??

You shoot with both eyes open?

If directed at me? Yes. Extreme rifle distances I may not with a high power scope. But otherwise, yes?

The top pros data doesn't lie.

Just because I can't hit a professional long drive competitors driver farther than my gamer doesn't mean it doesn't have that potential.

The top pros data doesn't lie.

Just because I can't hit a professional long drive competitors driver farther than my gamer doesn't mean it doesn't have that potential.

Oh I’m not saying I’m top. I’m saying for me, under 7 yards I’m good with irons under a second. Same applies to 15-20 yards. If I have to use the Dot, I’m slower by .5 seconds. It’s probably because my setup gave me the option? So I first acquire the sight then move to the dot if needed? I’m sure I’d be faster if it was dot only?

I don’t have that setup now? I don’t have a 75 yard option now outside of blind luck? I’m ok with that. I use my pistol to fight to my rifle where I have nearly unlimited ammo for a conventional fight and I can hit at 75 yards and beyond.

I’m not arguing but kind of silly? With a pistol I prefer irons. I can point shoot and CM a Silhouette target every time to 15-20 yards with any pistol I have. I’m faster. I don’t care about hitting at 50 yards, I can even with irons? I posted with duty it was roughly 80% with CCW it was roughly 50%. This was on a 6”x8” target at 46 yards, aiming. Expand that to silhouette size and I won’t miss much?

I just don’t care? At that point that person isn’t a threat or I've moved to a rifle?

Why are we arguing? It’s over me being better personally with open sights at shorter distances? I can hit faster? I haven’t tried dot only, I’ve only had something that had a backup that at close range I acquire faster? The best shots in the world can do their thing? I’m not one of them. I do know how fast I am to target 100% inside of 7 yards. It’s fast. You move the range and it slows.

1d41a12fa3383f2ddd4e9289e29d48df.jpg

Had a conjugal visit with my suppressor today while I wait for it to be let out of jail. This little guy is becoming a favorite to shoot, especially suppressed.

I didn't mean to "argue."

In fact, when asked, I am not a supporter of putting in the time to become truly good with a handgun for the average person.

A PCC or other suitable long gun is easier to become proficient with and more effective.

I just heard the "irons are good enough" a lot, and it reminds me of how I was when the corps went to optics. :p

You can still shoot some blistering times with irons. There’s only one open class but a schit ton of others.

Don't take this wrong, but your fundamentals have a flaw if you are losing the dot and shooting slower.

How much do you shoot, and are you classified in USPSA or IDPA?

Not classified but I shoot a lot? I don’t compete. I can tell you my splits to 99% hit ratio (sometimes one is just gone?) at every yardage. I can run 1/4 seconds at 7 yards, .33 at 15 and .5 at 25 to hit at those rates. At 7 yards i average .86 draw to hit. At 15 it’s 1.02. At 25 it’s 1.58.

Differences? At 7 yards I can point and shoot, no sights. At 15 yards I have to acquire the sights but once I do, I’m good. At 25 yards I have to acquire and steady them.

I was over 2 seconds to hit at 25 yards with my Sig P365x RZ. I blame the fact that almost every shot with it I just used the front sight, but at that range it was better to use the RZ. So I then had to find it, it was usually blended into the huge green sight anyways? So I’d have to raise my sight line an inch or two to find it. At 7 and 15 yards I had the same time, hit rate, and splits. I just sucked at 25 yards. Now give me that and a 50+ yard shot all day. Except I’ll grab a better tool.

So it probably was a me thing and the way it was set up. With a (I’m guessing?) 100 MIL front sight it’s easy to lose a 3 mil dot on that. If you’re used to using the big green thing the small red thing is generally going to line up? I need to try out something with a red dot only?

I’m not saying I’m any good. I’m just saying that I liked the Sig setup, but 25 yards was a black hole for me. It was a range I should use my dot, and did, but I had to change the entire sight picture to make it work. I expect 2+ seconds with a red dot at extreme ranges. I don’t consider 25 yards extreme. I practice to that all the time. Heck I practice to 50 yards. I’m half a second slower at 25.

At 50 I don’t care speeds and this is where the dot shines. If I can brace I rarely miss.

Back