What is a simple food you would never eat?

Interesting.

I hate cucumbers.

Unless they are pickled.
Funny, I like cucumbers. I think it started off because I don't like dill and then just spread to all pickles.

Funny, I like cucumbers. I think it started off because I don't like dill and then just spread to all pickles.
Understandable.

I'm still waiting to see something named that I wouldn't eat. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
Did you see my post on mushroom chips?
I'd eat 'em, it actually sounds good. I love mushrooms! My wife just dehydrated a bunch of them the other day, ground them up and mixed them into ground beef for burger patties, the added umami flavor was really good in the 'burgers.

I'd eat 'em, it actually sounds good. I love mushrooms! My wife just dehydrated a bunch of them the other day, ground them up and mixed them into ground beef for burger patties, the added umami flavor was really good in the 'burgers.
Well, that sounds freaking amazing.

And, I did eat the mushroom chips, I love mushrooms, but the chips looked awful. However, they were amazing. Costco FTW.

I think there are more of us that don't like them (aka smart people) than do in the Bag Boy Championship.
So you're saying no to cart pickles at the turn?

I think I posted it a couple pages ago, but even if you're not a mushroom fan, there's something about umami flavor when done right that really adds a good level of complexity to the taste of a food.

Mack and Cheese

and certainly nothing that falls under "simple"...
Nice thing about simple foods though, they can typically be avoided fairly easily; if you have at least the smallest inclination to do so.

I think I posted it a couple pages ago, but even if you're not a mushroom fan, there's something about umami flavor when done right that really adds a good level of complexity to the taste of a food.
There are some great umami powders that add a ton of depth to things. I have a house of non-mushroom eaters, so I go that route a lot.

I am the only person in my house that eats mushrooms, interesting enough, dishes that I cook that have mushrooms in it, when cooking them without, everyone complains about it tasting different. So now, I cook with the mushrooms in it, keep them large enough so they can be avoided, and everyone likes the flavor.

Sigh. Fish. Any kind. I don't know why, I just have a very visceral reaction to almost all seafood, and my stomach flips pretty quickly.

And olives. I just don't like olives :ROFLMAO:

I'm not a HUGE mushroom fan, but I certainly like mushrooms in many dishes. Not against them, but not my favorite.

But hooooo man, I had this Sonoma goat cheese ravioli at California Grill in Disney, which has Shitaki mushroom's thinly sliced and within the entire dish in this really subtle way, and I'm not kidding when I say it might be the best thing I've ever eaten. And that slightly mushroom flavor was a big part of what made it work.

Mushrooms
Raw onion
Shellfish - allergic

White rice is a nothing food for me.
Oatmeal reacts very poorly with my stomach.

Pickles.

Lima Beans.

YUUUK

Cauliflower I think it looks strange and smells funny.

Back