What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I just by accident bought another R9 460 oppppssss. I wonder if the eBay seller will let me out

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I just by accident bought another R9 460 oppppssss. I wonder if the eBay seller will let me out

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

oops! I hate waking up and finding that I placed a bid on something when I was half asleep. :D

My local high school golf team has built a 30 acre practice facility and I have been lucky enough to have been granted free access to it. It is a sort of "honor system" where they leave balls and shag bags out and you hit balls and then pick up your own balls. I almost always just practice shots of <120 yards. I decided to try to repay them today. I rented an aerator and aerated the hitting areas that had gotten a little thin, over seeded, and fertilized. I also left them with a few pounds of seed and a 50lb bag of fertilizer. It felt good to do something for a facility that has help me so much.

My local high school golf team has built a 30 acre practice facility and I have been lucky enough to have been granted free access to it. It is a sort of "honor system" where they leave balls and shag bags out and you hit balls and then pick up your own balls. I almost always just practice shots of <120 yards. I decided to try to repay them today. I rented an aerator and aerated the hitting areas that had gotten a little thin, over seeded, and fertilized. I also left them with a few pounds of seed and a 50lb bag of fertilizer. It felt good to do something for a facility that has help me so much.

That's great to hear. Good on ya. :clapp:

Went to check out the work they are doing on holes 9 and 18 in the renovation of my course. They are moving the green on 18 into the parking lot! They tore down a bunch of trees surrounding the green and tore up 30 feet of parking lot so far.

Spent the afternoon at the range, getting to know my new irons, in anticipation of a two-man scramble tomorrow. I worked my way from AW up thought my new M3. I never pulled the driver and tried to really dial in distances. I'm getting about a club more distance, as it appears, and really love the feel I get with well struck shots.

Sat on my arse watching players much better than me play golf in Chicago!

I reveled in watching the Ryder Cup...and thusly, thought about the Morgan Cup.

I watched the Ryder Cup. And got a package from THP I presume. Couldn't pick it up today though.

Went to my clubfitter today and get fitted for a driver. Hit a bunch of a different drivers and finally settled on the Cobra Amp 10.5 driver. I'm pretty happy with it.

We did do some hitting on my new Hybrids (3 & 5 Cobra Baffler Hybrids - yes I know more cobra) but it seems that I was having a lot of trouble today with them. They just didn't want to go straight at all. Back hurt a bit afterwards.

Pretty excited to go play tomorrow morning. Going to play Prince William Golf Course which I haven't played before. So, we'll see how those hybrids work out tomorrow.

Went to the range and hit a bunch of balls with my weakest clubs- driver and 3 wood. I'm playing a super long course on Sunday and I need the practice. Also watched a bunch of the Ryder Cup

I just gave the boys a bath, found some "winter balls" under my bed and re-organized my bag. Might be able to go practice some putts soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

played in my first pro am and really had a blast and learned so much about myself and my game. what a priceless experience.

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself!!!

it was a great experience and something i will def never forget i wish i played better but i learned a TON from everything. i'll have a full write up on my day tomorrow when i get up.

Fantastic buck! Score is irrelevant, the memories will be there forever.

Watched some Rider cup in the morning. Set up the TV to record the rest and went to play 18.

Sounds like you had a good time Buck. I'm looking for the write up

Watched some highlights of the RC and cacthing up on some THP!!

Went to the post office and got my new Titleist 906F4 3 wood today. I got it for a steal, 28.99 on the bay including 9 dollar shipping that took only two days. First shot, smoked.

Went and paid for/picked up my steal of a RAZR Fit 10.5. Also dropped off a couple boxes to the PO, one to MD and one to PA.

Watching OEM pound the Adams CMB forged 6i at GG

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back