What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a set of Wilson Staff FG V2 irons yesterday!

Cleveland Classic 290 w/ Miyazaki Blue 72x.

You get fit for that one, Schweitzer? When't it coming?

You get fit for that one, Schweitzer? When't it coming?

Well, interesting story about that. Went to get fit and the fitter told me that due to my swing plane and fact that I hit down on the driver that no club or shaft will lower my launch or spin. While he is definitely an experienced pro, I have had drivers in the past that were low spin with lower launching shafts and they have helped to bring down both my launch and spin. I saw this one listed for a decent amount and I have been wanting to try it for some time, so went ahead and bought it sight unseen. Hopefully it works but if not I'll pass it on to another thp'er at a good price. I am really hesitant to change my whole swing plane to fit a driver though since I have developed a repeatable swing and don't miss very many fairways.

I had good intentions and wanted to get fit but couldn't hold off the urge to buy any longer haha. It should be here by the end of the week.

Right on dude. I suspect there might be some interest in your experiences with that set up.

Right on dude. I suspect there might be some interest in your experiences with that set up.

I'll definitely post my thoughts in the classic review thread. Wish I could have found one with the Miyazaki white but I'm excited either way.

I've heard of some people using the Blue as well. If you're looking for a little lower launch, it should bring it down compared to the white.

The only Miyazaki I've hit is the dromos so I compared the flex code of it to the blue 72x and figured that my ball flight and spin should drop with the change. I'm obviously taking a risk but I think I can resale for what I have in it or close if it doesn't work and I felt the need to try something.

The only Miyazaki I've hit is the dromos so I compared the flex code of it to the blue 72x and figured that my ball flight and spin should drop with the change. I'm obviously taking a risk but I think I can resale for what I have in it or close if it doesn't work and I felt the need to try something.

Very true. If that Classic doesn't drop your spin numbers, I don't know what will. What loft did you go with?

It's a 9*. That's the same as I have now and I know the deeper face will result in less spin so I am hoping my spin/launch aren't dropped too much. I've never had that problem though so hopefully won't now either.

I'm jealous. Definitely not the set-up I'd be looking for, but I'm eager to get it in the bag.

I may have bought a few things today.

Sweet dude!

Guilty. You are not allowed to buy Scor or 588 wedges, or lengthen your putter. Dammit I may have to cancel my chamber order.

Just bought a new Odyssey Black Tour Design #2 putter...Havent rolled this specific one before, so here goes nothing

Just bought a new Odyssey Black Tour Design #2 putter...Havent rolled this specific one before, so here goes nothing

Finally got through at Golfsmith?

Guilty. You are not allowed to buy Scor or 588 wedges, or lengthen your putter. Dammit I may have to cancel my chamber order.

haha that is awesome! Ive had the order page up on Scor numerous times but in the end Im not a serious buyer. Wedges are so not sexy I have a hard time buying new ones.

I love the sim with these white clubs. I caught that 4h at 118mph swing speed and hit it 260.

Tapatalk

Finally got through at Golfsmith?

yeah, on the line that sounded like it went dead...all in all, took 42 minutes and all he did was email me an address to send my clubs to once I get my new putter lol

I love the sim with these white clubs. I caught that 4h at 118mph swing speed and hit it 260.

Tapatalk

Sold!! lol

Sold!! lol

Best shot of my life. I also love that the sim is about 10-15 yards shorter than the launch monitor.

Best shot of my life. I also love that the sim is about 10-15 yards shorter than the launch monitor.

I stopped hitting in the sim now that GG has the new launch monitor.

WTC did frank buy? I can't keep up with all the Texas like code in here.

I stopped hitting in the sim now that GG has the new launch monitor.
Ditto, I cant stand hitting on a sim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back