What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 putts looks like you put a good stroke on every putt today. WOW.

I wish I'd have taken a picture of the holes they punched in the greens. They looked bigger than I can ever remember, maybe the size of an old #2 pencil. It was tough just marking your ball as you were always sitting in one on the green, lol. The ball would go left or right as it hit the first hole, we just had to guess. I completely understand why they do it and stand behind it, just hate to go through the next week.

80 again. 39-41 - had a birdie opportunity and an eagle opportunity in the last 4 holes. Missed both. Had to settle for par and bird. That was the difference between 78 or 79 and 80.

78 today. Wasn't that great of a round. I 3 putt bogeyed the last hole and doubled an easy par 3. The wind was HOWLING today though and I wasn't playing my own irons. Ball striking was bad I just had a lot of up and downs. The front 9 was good as I shot +1 but once again the back 9 was just a disaster. I don't know what is going on.

37/41

1 Double
6 Bogeys
10 Pars
1 Birdie

5 Fairways
7 Greens
30 Putts

Played the same nine twice today and shot a 77 with a triple on one hole but had two birdies the second time around(ended up shooting par-35 on the back)

I played Northern Bear to day in Edmonton AB. It is a more difficult course (slope 131), so as a beginner golfer I had some challenges. I played a horrible game, and only had a handful of good shots. The issue I am having with some of the nicer courses out here is that the rough is pretty narrow beside the fairway and there is knee high grass after that. Once the ball goes into the grass, it never comes out! Add to the mix it was really windy, I lost a lot of balls, got frustrated and played horribly. I have been taking lessons and really pulling together a more consistent game, but this was the worst of the year. So I cheered myself up with beers and cigars!

We shot a 40 in league that I subbed for tonight. It was two man, and it had three holes best ball, three holes scramble and three holes shamble. Fun format. The team we played with shot a 33. One of the guys held the course record for a few weeks back in the 70s with a 63 until one of his buddies shot a 62. And he could still play.

Shot a 43. Not happy with myself, but my game is getting back to normal. The best part of my round was my iron play. My driver was iffy at times and great at others. I sucked with my putter plain and simple.

I went out last evening and played my home course, but only played the back 9. Started out double bogey and was playing par golf the rest of the way in, finished at 38 for +2. Beautiful day out here in Kentucky!

Round of my life today... 9 holes... Went Birdie, Par, Birdie, Birdie, Bogey, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Birdie... 31 for -5. Have never made 6 birdies in a round let alone 9 holes. One of those rounds you want to play the whole 18 and find out how low it could have been. Unfortunately only 20 mins of light remaining when I finished the front 9.

6/7 fairways (does hitting a par 4 green count as hitting a fairway?)
8/9 greens
13 putts

Shot a 98 today on a par 72 course i was pretty happy with my drives and approaches. Just need to be a little more consistent i guess. But overall a good day! Still a good score for me.

I pulled +10 points in the weekly blitz at DawgDaddy's home course today. They had me pulling 19 points from the first two times I played there and I pulled 29 points today. My driver was great, my irons were good but my putter was awful. The good thing is I won first place in my flight.

I pulled +10 points in the weekly blitz at DawgDaddy's home course today. They had me pulling 19 points from the first two times I played there and I pulled 29 points today. My driver was great, my irons were good but my putter was awful. The good thing is I won first place in my flight.
OG, you rock my friend! Good shooting today buddy!

Nice! Great going!

Round of my life today... 9 holes... Went Birdie, Par, Birdie, Birdie, Bogey, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Birdie... 31 for -5. Have never made 6 birdies in a round let alone 9 holes. One of those rounds you want to play the whole 18 and find out how low it could have been. Unfortunately only 20 mins of light remaining when I finished the front 9.

8/9 greens
13 putts

Lol. Driving the green on a par 4, nice work. I would count that as a fairway hit!

Bad morning of golf this morning. Shot 40/44 for an 84. We had a crosswind on every hole and it was howling out again. We never usually have crosswind so I just got murdered out there.

84 with a 44 on the back 9 :p

8/9 greens
13 putts
Awesome AB, Nice shooting.

Great going buddy, you pulled my number, unfortunately I shot the worse round I have had in 2 months, and 86 for only 23 points, needless to say a -6 did not win anything. :D
My driver was awful today, I had no control at all, I did hit 9 of 14 fairways, but 3 of those were with clubs other than the driver. I was like the old saying, I was hitting into trouble, but at least it was long. :laughing:
Glad you got the win today, hope to get to play with you next week, I think we are having 6 from the talk today.

Great golfing!!!!

8/9 greens
13 putts

As I posted above, worse round today in the last 2 months, 43/43 used 32 putts and just could not chip close enough to save pars/bogeys. Some days it just all seems to fall apart. I will hit the driving range tomorrow or either go out and play a round alone so I can forget the score and hit an extra shot after I hit a stinker. As I said above, the driver had a mind of its own today. ;-)

Last edited:
88 at tpc of louisiana.. First time playing since may due to extreme heat.. Also played with a new set of clubs still trying to dial them in

Tied by best round today. Shot 41/41 for an 82. I only had 4 penalty strokes, which made a big difference. I had 32 putts, 1 birdie, 8 pars, 7 bogeys, and 2 doubles. I was getting my driver in today, which made all the difference. I also wasn't compounding bad shots, when I would hit a bad shot I would follow it with a good one to save a bogey, Which really helps obviously.

Best Round Ever

Best Round Ever

40 - 39 for a 79. First time to break 80, approximately a year and 2 weeks after I started playing again after 25 years. I never shot below 84 when I played in my twenties........

some good scores in here today!!!

Got out today in a little bit of wind but hit the driver and RXT's well again. Brought out the Spider Ghost to mixed results but it was the first time.

Screenshot2011-08-24at52204PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back