What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Par 5's weren't Kmac's friend today.

45/43
had the hooks today
even the putter hooked

played a tough Links course the wind was almost as brutal as my driver today. played the tips 6962 77.6/137 shot a 46/43 i put away my driver on the back 7 holes only 3 pars and a birdie on the 18th. had a great time though with the 2 guys i got paired up with... it reminded me of my best friend and i who i play with in 25 years. lots of ball busting was a funny day... got a couple of days to get the driver worked out before i play 36 on Saturday!

40 - 39 for a 79. First time to break 80, approximately a year and 2 weeks after I started playing again after 25 years. I never shot below 84 when I played in my twenties........

Great going there RY, proud of you there my friend.

40 - 39 for a 79. First time to break 80, approximately a year and 2 weeks after I started playing again after 25 years. I never shot below 84 when I played in my twenties........

Congrats on breaking 80 RY !!

RicYork great stuff! now just to do it again! Congrats.

62 in a two man best ball.

96 on a ball-eating terror of a course. Beat my personal best (on that course) by ten strokes!

After shooting my highest home score of the year yesterday, 88, I hit the ball much much better today, 72, 4 birdies, 2 bogies and a double. Putting is getting a little better as well.

That sounds like a huge difference but I played the whites today. My buddy wouldn't come back to the golds nor meet me half way on the blues so we played the whites.

That 88 was probably because of 18 hours behind the wheel on Sunday and Monday. These ole knees and hips can't take that kind of abuse anymore.

I shot a really frustrating 41 last night in my league. I hit 8 of 9 greens in regulation and 22 putted the round... Yes, that is right, 22 putts!

I just can't seem to ever put it all together for one round. Yesterday was the best that I struck the ball all year and my putter failed me..

A frustrating 92 in the rain at Wooden Sticks G&CC.

After shooting my highest home score of the year yesterday, 88, I hit the ball much much better today, 72, 4 birdies, 2 bogies and a double. Putting is getting a little better as well.

That sounds like a huge difference but I played the whites today. My buddy wouldn't come back to the golds nor meet me half way on the blues so we played the whites.

That 88 was probably because of 18 hours behind the wheel on Sunday and Monday. These ole knees and hips can't take that kind of abuse anymore.

Man, that is a huge difference no matter what tees you played, nice comeback buddy, look forward to teeing it up with you in North Georgia.

38 with bogeys on 17 & 18 (played back 9). Made a nice long birdie over a ridge on 11 and hit a hugely high 7 iron exactly 150 to 5 feet. Playing tomorrow for a school match at a very exclusive country club in Albany. Hopefully I play well...

Man, that is a huge difference no matter what tees you played, nice comeback buddy, look forward to teeing it up with you in North Georgia.

I am looking forward to finally meeting some folks too.

The main reason for the huge difference was the fatigue on Tuesday and a great putting day yesterday.
Today was back to normal, 36 putts, 40-41 81. The course was set up long, first hole, a par 4, was 455 and I made birdie there. Unfortunately, that was the last putt I made.

I really would like to just call it my best but I feel like I can squeeze a bit more out of my game. I shot 78 today and it was with an average at best putting day. I played nine more holes with a 7 & 2 handicapper and won money on the last nine. My confidence is soaring and I have never loved golf more than right NOW! I really sincerely can not believe what I am seeing and I will go and bear hug my instructor from Healy Point (Eric Reeves) the next time I see him!!!

Shot a 109 at the Plantation Resort Golf Club in Frisco Texas. I was in the 90s and then made some changes that will end up being a one step back, two steps forward deal I think. I am pretty happy about where my game is headed even if the scores dont reflect it yet.

I really would like to just call it my best but I feel like I can squeeze a bit more out of my game. I shot 78 today and it was with an average at best putting day. I played nine more holes with a 7 & 2 handicapper and won money on the last nine. My confidence is soaring and I have never loved golf more than right NOW! I really sincerely can not believe what I am seeing and I will go and bear hug my instructor from Healy Point (Eric Reeves) the next time I see him!!!

Man, that is such a great feeling huh?

Way to go!!!

45/44
played in irene winds... holy moly how ppl can play at st andrews is beyond me hahaha
i only lost 1 ball because it was the only hole that fought my hook
why is it my ball goes farther... against the wind?
very interesting day i was going at flags all day and the ball would end up off the greens in the deep junk
what should have been girs and easy pars ended up being tough bogeys/doubles
i did have an amazing chip in for a bogey tho

I am looking forward to finally meeting some folks too.

The main reason for the huge difference was the fatigue on Tuesday and a great putting day yesterday.
Today was back to normal, 36 putts, 40-41 81. The course was set up long, first hole, a par 4, was 455 and I made birdie there. Unfortunately, that was the last putt I made.

Wow, I could only think of birdie on a par 4 at 455, I would probably have to chip and putt to save par. Great bird.

Sounds like some great ball striking there my friend. Did you get to hit the mystery ball today?

An amazing day for me today: 41 on the back and... 38 on the back!!! Lowest score in a while for me...

Shot of my round was a birdie on a long par 5 (some 510 yards). Piped one of my longest drives 250 down the fairway, then hit a 3 wood 220 into some light rough to leave me about 40 yards to the pin. Came up with a bad pitch and was in deep rough behind the green. I pitched it out with my wedge and it hopped about 3 feet before the pin and rolled right in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back