What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great round man, It is a humbling game.

Thanks Vince! Two 75s and a 76 this week = I'm not winning any bets after the next GHIN revision comes out haha!

Nice shooting after the rough start, and I am curious as to what you mean by sometimes. :D

hahaha there have been a couple days this year where I've gone out and literally didn't have the ability to make a mistake..

"Sometimes" could probably be MOST of the time!! I can't get enough of it though. So glad my course is closed Monday's, because it's the only day I seem to be willing to take off.

None of the courses I regularly play are ever closed except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Those would be the only days I don't want to play. :D

Shot my first sub-40 9 ever today. Pretty happy. WAY too bad I prefaced that with a 47 front. :beat-up:
Played Southern Hills and it's pretty unforgiving. It seems like those white stakes get closer to the edges every time I play there.
Had something like 4 penalties and 3 bunker shots on the front leading to that near-50. I said at the turn I'd just have to shoot 40 to make it up. A 39 will do!

Shot my first sub-40 9 ever today. Pretty happy. WAY too bad I prefaced that with a 47 front. :beat-up:
Played Southern Hills and it's pretty unforgiving. It seems like those white stakes get closer to the edges every time I play there.
Had something like 4 penalties and 3 bunker shots on the front leading to that near-50. I said at the turn I'd just have to shoot 40 to make it up. A 39 will do!

Congrats. I've been shooting for sub 80s and hitting under 40 on 9 is a good feeling. now the hard part. Stringing two good 9s together! Still haven't done it to get under 80 yet.

iOS using Tapatalk

Good work T0AD! Congrats on breaking 40 on 9! Next stop, under par on 9!

Great back 9 T0AD! That's huge man!

---
- Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

Shot a 99 today. It was ugly through the first 13 holes, but everything seemed to come together for the last 5 holes.

Apparently I left my game in Florida when I came home for summer break to golf with my dad. Very frustrating. 41-37 today. My swing is complete crap. I told my dad he's bad luck. Shot 76,74,78 for 3 rounds so far and have 2
More to go. But I am loving elevation compared to Florida. Nice to be able to hit
200 yd 7 irons and 330-350 yd drives. Along with reaching a 580 yd par 5 into. Wanted to go after a 610 yd par 5 in 2 had 280 to middle of green but decided to lay up.

went and played at the country club I am planning on joining next year, and shot horrible. I am pushing all of my irons again. I had a few good putts and chips, and some nice drives, but I just cannot figure out why I am pushing everything with my irons. I am pushing long irons and short ones. ARGH! Course was very nice though, greens rolling very true and very fast! My first putt was downhill and I putted it all the way off the green! Anyhow, excited to join there next year, but I better start playing better!

None of the courses I regularly play are ever closed except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Those would be the only days I don't want to play. :D

It's a private course and they close it Mondays to allow for corporate outings, which in turn help to keep membership costs down.

It works decent..

thats just uncalled for IMO, i know it can get frustrating but to snap a club in half on purpose, need to keep that temper in check lol. You should change your name to Charlie Hoffman hehe

oh no man i agree. ive been playing golf for 20 years thats the first time ive done that. charlie hoffman is a big curly haired german looking guy. im a small italian guy...just doesnt fit. BTW - i wasnt angry after i snapped the putter. atleast i expressed myself.

Nice going buddy, that is a tough track, I know you are happy.

Great job T0AD! Proud of ya.

Well I'm kicking myself a little after todays round.

I started off great and just solid play left me with a +1 37 after 9 holes. I came to the 10th not even worried about score and I still managed to get my arse kicked by the back 9. I went

quad, par, double, birdie, bogey, bogey, bogey, birdie, double.

37/44 = 81

1 Quad
2 Doubles
7 Pars
5 Bogeys
3 Birdies

10/18 GIR
7/14 FW
29 Putts

Tough final day. Had to play 36 holes due to the second round being cut short because of rain. I was +3 after round 1 and cut was +2, so I knew I needed to make up ground. Started my second round at 09:10 on the 10th, made a birdie on 12 and all seemed dandy. Bam, four bogeys in a row and all of a sudden I was +6. Made a good up and down on 17 and then birdied 18, 2 and 3. Played great golf in my last 10 and added a birdie on 7 to get to +2 overall and made the cut with a shot to spare.

Final round was tough, sitting middle of the field and I was really tired towards the end (especially since I had a 6-hour drive to get home...). Carded a 74, finished +4 and 35th. Some money and some further affirmation that I don't miss cuts anymore and I get it done when I need to.

75-71-74 all in all. Pretty solid but I need to get better!

Played 9 this morning. shot 40 par 37. had a double on the 6th hole that could have been a par. Oh well, back at it tomorrow!

Played ASU Karsten this morning and shot a 42/48-90. One better than last time, but the back 9 killed me.

44/40 for a 84. Didn't really play all that well to be honest. Got the best gross / net and stableford score of the group. Last time on this course I shot a 104 so 20 shots better today.

Took me till the last 3 holes to get any form going

Things could get interesting in the N. Georgia mountains!!!
:nailbiting:

Yea we could make you an "A" player!

Shot an 89 (41,48) today at Healy Point. The wheels fell off on the back. I went in the water 3 times! Ouch!

Got a great tip about keeping my back elbow in more and then went out and shot great with the tip. Shot 33 on 9 of a very nice par 3. Holes range 105yds to 225yd. Hit 5 Greens which usually I'm lucky to find 1. Birdied 130yd island hole and had 4 pars. i was very happy with the practice session. Ready to take this new tip out to a full course after work today.

Just got back from my golf trip in Michigan.

Yarrow am round-76 w/ 4 birdies
Yarrow pm round- 75 w/ 15 pars, 3 bogies
Wolf Run- 84, one of the hardest courses I've ever played.

Shot 38/40 on my home course today, shot the 40 on the easy side. That's golf, I never will figure it out. Always happy with a 78 though, no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back