What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i personally shot a +10 80 at Lancaster Country Club. from the Championship Tees. what a great day of golf even if i played really bad.

I shot an 85 at Bayonet at Puppy Creek yesterday, played pretty well, just couldn't get my putter to cooperate with me, I had 5 3-Putts:dohanim:. I did have a nice long 20-30 foot put for birdie that I made which was nice!!

played 18 today at Blue Ridge Trail in Mountain Top, PA...they punched the greens and it was like putting on a Connect-Four board...i took an 84 but had 5 3 putts b/c of these darn greens. hopefully tomorrow will be better...playing in a father/son scramble tomorrow so, should be fun...

Brutal wind today, pretty much a 2 club wind on a few holes. Horrid putting with a 4 putt and 3 3 putts. Only 2 bad holes really and my scrambling has been saving me.
Screenshot2012-09-29at44053PM.png

I shot a 3 over 76 this morning at my home course. 5 bogeys, 2 birdies. It was a decent round.

53/54 at Emerald Bay in Destin today. The price was reasonable for vacation golf...but no way I'd pay that much for a round any other time. We were given our choice of a free t-shirt from the cheap shirt rack. (woop dee-doo) That said, the staff was nice, the course was in great condition, and not real difficult from the blue tees. I had two problems. (1) although the course was not anywhere close to being full, we experienced unbelievably slow play. There were 2 elderly gentlemen in front of us and it was like watching a slow-motion movie. We discovered they were not far behind a 4-some of equally elderly and slow ladies. Based on that, it was hard to justify playing through so we sucked it up and resigned ourselves to a slow day. Thankfully, the old guys quit 1/2 way through the 10th hole and things picked up a bit. (2) my bigger problem was I couldn't hit a straight shot off a tee to save my life, and had some kind of slice thing going on with everything except my short irons. The course was pretty narrow but not more so than what I am used to. I just played really bad golf and it was aggravated by the pace of play. I found myself angry the first 9 holes over it all and it effected my game. I hate paying that kind of money and playing that slowly and badly. I did enjoy the time with the wife though.

Last edited:
I shot a disappointing 101 today. It was my first time out in 2 weeks and I had a great front 9 one of my best ever at this particular course but the back 9 was a disaster. So many 3 putts on the back, chipping was not my friend, wedge play was atrocious I could go on.

I did realize that I need to practice more and keep up my skills at certain parts of the game. I have been so focused on driving and getting the ball into play off the tee that I have neglected my chipping and short game, these are strengths in my game and they let me down today. Just kinda frustrated at this point.

On the bright side it was an amazing day weather wise.

Shot a 3 over 73 for qualifying in my year-end tournament. 2 Birdies on the round.

Might have broke 100 today...

Might have broke 100 today...

After opening with par, double bogey, bogey.
I finished with a 44 on 9 holes.
I usually shoot around 105-110 on 18.
Was nice to finish up today with everything feeling right.
Even smashed a drive 283 yards, easily longer than my longest ever, avg drive today was about 240, about 25 yds further than avg.
and hit 4 fir, and 5 gir.

Awesome feeling today!
Can't wait until 8 am to golf again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shot a 64 at Colorado National this afternoon. Unfortunately that was not for 18..ha. We were waiting on every hole, after having to quit due to darkness and getting back to the club house, I figured out possibly why. The group in front of the group in front of us had been partaking of A LOT of herb. Could have gotten a second hand buzz if I stayed around too long...lol. Was a great course and great deal for last minute tee time and enjoyed every bit of it. Felt really good about the round and will for sure head back up there for a full completion.

64/56 for what we completed, 8 over.

Shot a 93 at Southern Pines Golf Course yesterday. I just couldn't get the putter going and it was costing me all day!!! I had 13 bogies and didn't get a par until the last hole which was a good way to finish the day. I do like where my game is at right now, if I have a bad day it is in the 90's instead of the 100's!!!!

Trying to prep for an FSGA tourney on Monday so I played the tips yesterday at 6,450ish (I normally play at around 6,200-6,300 at most). No warm up besides 15 minutes of chipping and putting. Took triples on the first two holes and a 49 on the front, but recovered with a 42 on the back for a 91. Not terrible after the horrid start. I just could not hit a fairway to save my life - only three all day. I normally average over 50% in fairways hit and struggle to hit greens, but I hit 7 GIR yesterday, which is my second highest total ever. Weird day.

38/38 76 yesterday, but on a very short tight course. My putting was unreal with 13/13 26 although it should have been as I couldn't hit a gir to save me.

This course was scary tight with zero bail-outs.

Awesome score duey. Tight courses and me don't get along so well!

Awesome score duey. Tight courses and me don't get along so well!

Thanks Smally, I like playing there once in a while to work on the short game. With my stupid fade I have to aim over the tree tops right and hope it turns, lol.

43/43
31 Putts

Gave up 4 shots on the last three holes, which was disappointing. Played as well as I ever have through 15 holes.

Posted via tapatalk.

43/43
31 Putts

Gave up 4 shots on the last three holes, which was disappointing. Played as well as I ever have through 15 holes.

Posted via tapatalk.

Nice! Makes you want to get out there tomorrow doesn't it?

43/43
31 Putts

Posted via tapatalk.
Thats nice shooting there Hawk. Sounds like the game is starting to round into form where you want it to be

Thanks guys. Definitely makes me want to give it another shot. Zero lazy fades today. I've been practicing a lot in the last few weeks and am hitting the ball pretty well. I peeked at my scorecard and shouldn't have. Paid the price.

Punching our greens tomorrow and the leaves are falling lame.

Posted via tapatalk.

Never peak at the scorecard buddy, you won't next time I bet. Still, way to hit it solid!

man i learned my lesson with peaking at the score card when i was trying to break 80 for the first time. its hard sometimes but i usually don't

man i learned my lesson with peaking at the score card when i was trying to break 80 for the first time. its hard sometimes but i usually don't

I look. It motivates me. But I've yet to break 80 either. (81 lowest) so maybe i shouldn't look. Lol

Tapatalk on iPhone4S

44,44 for an 88 at the ATL tour van stop. Drove the ball very well. Short game was weak, but understandable after 2 wks between rounds.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Shot 88 at Heron Bay this morning . I was tired after the Atlanta stop but did manage to win the money ($80)this week from our group . Too many putts and a few lost balls in the rough as expected , Nothing worse than hitting a shot you know is in a good spot only to lose the ball in the rough .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back