GIR
67%
78%
72%
PUTTS
1.4/26
SAND SHOTS
PENALTIES

Heres my career low round! its not a long course but its tight and i kept almost all my tee shots in good position even if i didn't hit a fairway. Putt was on fire today as well......

Heres my last putt on 18 took a video with my phone.

Wow, sorry I missed this the first time Buck....great round buddy way to go.....lets hope you are on my team for the Morgan Cup...LOL

46+51=97 at the Hammock Beach Ocean Course. Hit every fairway on the front but only one green. Hit zero greens on the back and only a few fairways (wind started blowing and was getting tired). Took an 8 on one par 4 on the back, a couple of doubles and a triple or two. Lost a ball on three holes in a row on the back. But for a tournament and playing about 200-300 yards longer than I normally play from it wasn't too bad. A few nice shots mixed in, some good putting, and a chip in birdie on the last. I don't play the Ocean Course to score well, I play it because it is freaking amazing and one of the best courses I will probably ever get to experience.

Played at a private club about an hour from home yesterday. It's an Arnold Palmer design called Dakota Dunes Country Club that really tests the player with some tough placement type of shots with a lot narrow holes and keeps you thinking the entire way around. Similar to Tournament Club of Iowa with a fraction of the elevation changes. I shot a 38-40 for a 78. Had just 1 birdie but it was my best score of the 10 or so times I've played that course. Funny thing was I wasn't hitting well off the tee with my driver at all yet I managed my way around without taking any penalty strokes or losing a ball, that's pretty good on this tough course. Had a couple of 3 putts but these greens are huge and if you're a long way from the hole you really struggle.

Played at a private club about an hour from home yesterday. It's an Arnold Palmer design called Dakota Dunes Country Club that really tests the player with some tough placement type of shots with a lot narrow holes and keeps you thinking the entire way around. Similar to Tournament Club of Iowa with a fraction of the elevation changes. I shot a 38-40 for a 78. Had just 1 birdie but it was my best score of the 10 or so times I've played that course. Funny thing was I wasn't hitting well off the tee with my driver at all yet I managed my way around without taking any penalty strokes or losing a ball, that's pretty good on this tough course. Had a couple of 3 putts but these greens are huge and if you're a long way from the hole you really struggle.

That is a really good score on what sounds like a tough course. It is great to looks at the card at the end and realize that you scrambled your way to a good score. Great job Jake!

I had been playing horribly lately and today started the same way. S****k first hole, hook into trees second, decell on a putt on 3, then hit the wrong iron on 5 so I was 6 over after five holes. Six is a par 3, I decided to hit everything hard from there on out and made birdie on 6, another birdie on 12 and an eagle on 15 (cut the corner with a drive then a 60 yard pitch into the cup) to finish the day at 5 over 77. (41, 36)

Not sure what that first 18 was but it was terrible

Shot a 45 and 47 on two 9's and even though the score doesn't reflect good things, I felt like my changes were starting to come together.

Aside from 4 blow up holes, had a good run of pars with missed birdie ops. Some simple things, but getting there. Had a 20' chip that went in and right back out, swooped right around the flag.

Reading the GPS correctly helps too:eek: Thanks milehighgolfer for setting this up this morning. Looking forward....not...to the hotd vid and my miscalculation.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Shot a 43 on nine this evening. Weathermen lie! Said it wouldn't rain. Good thing I didn't trust them and took my rain gear.

Did some experimenting on the practice green with the claw grip and put it immediately into play. I'm surprised how quickly it became comfortable. Had 15 putts over the nine. 3 putted the first green but had 4 one putts.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I do. My roomate despises the course as well. I dont mind the blind tee shots for me its the elevated greens and the fact that I dont like any of the holes.

Not too mention the leaves this time of year and the cross country meets. We might have to play it in the spring.

Shot a 79 (38/41), second time breaking 80 this year. The front nine was the best nine I have played this year hitting 5 fairways and 7 greens. I was +2 after 12 and had some trouble from there but ended with a par. My putting was an issue, having too many 3 putts, though one was from 80 feet. I am not overly bummed about 3 putting from 80 feet. I kept lagging the birdie putts to an uncomfortable distance. That has been haunting me the second half of this year.

Not sure what that first 18 was but it was terrible

Was this the course I should've been playing with you today?

Nice shooting daso!

90 at Kennedy Golf Course in Denver. 50/40 with a 10 :bulgy-eyes: on the front 9.

Lake Windcrest Golf Course Magnolia Texas

Gold Tees
6574 Yards
Rating 71.7
Slope 128

39-37=76

I think I may need to send Tadashi a check after this.....I told you yesterday he gave me a small tip about my hip rotation and I started really stroking the ball....well I went out for another 18 late this afternoon and it contined and carried over into my irons....the ball is actually making a different sound when I hit it right now....its awesome!!

Broke 80 for the 5th time in my life and set my new personal best!

38/38 for 76....thats right I said 76!!

11/13 Fairways
10 greens in regulation (also a personal best)
28 putts

It was awesome....I finished and wanted to go play again!

Go Tim!!

35! finally. 2 under through 6 and crapped the bed on next two holes though.
par is: 4-4-3-4-4-5-4-4-3
my score: 4-3-2-4-4-5-5-5-3

started the round with a crappy tee shot that hit an overhanging branch and dropped down in the fairway on an upslope a little under 50 yards short of the landing area for a good tee shot. hit an average 3 wood that faded a touch and actually ended up hole high to the left in a very nice spot. rather routine up and down.

on two I hit a good tee shot, pulled a 9 iron a little left and canned a birdie putt from the fringe just under 30 feet.

hole 3 hit a nice 8 iron to 8 feet, made the putt to stay on the birdie train.

bad swing meh tee shot on 4 but still had a 9 iron left, pulled it but was hole high on the fringe about 26 feet. 2 putted from there. pulled a 3 wood a touch on 5 but it stayed right of the trees, hit a 3/4 56 degree that landed just past hole high, had a 12 footer up the hill that I missed but made par.

par 5 6th I hit what I thought was a nice little draw off the tee, but I started it to far left and there's a left upslope there that it landed on and kicked straight left into the trees. punched out a little 3 wood that wasn't ideal, had maybe just under 160 from the rough to an elevated green left. Hit a very nice 5 iron to about 20 feet, 2 putt par.

Got quick and hit a horrendous jackhole of a tee shot on 7, still had a shot but cold topped my 3 wood from a slight downslope which left me with just outside of a 100 yards up hill from a midly severe downlope. Hit a good pw that landed no more than a foot to the right of the hole and rolled out to a 12 foot downhill putt for par. I thought I made the par putt but it just grazed the hole on the right side and that was the first bogey of the round. O

n 8 I hit 3 wood, figured I would hit it a little left so I started it just off the bunker on the right unfortunately it did not go left at all and ended up in said bunker. hit an 8 iron short of the green, bad chip and missed the putt for a second straight bogey.

On 9 I hit a really nice 3 iron that landed on the green and had 30-ish feet up the hill for birdie (I was happy with that shot, that hole is narrow and I normally pull it a little and it plays blinko in the trees). left the birdie putt half a foot short but tapped in for an it's-about-time-even par 9 hole round. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Congrats on the 35 dude!

Tapping away without siri

Thanks bro....it was one of those can't miss days....I will probably hang a hundy up the next time out...but at least today I was on fire!

Congrats on the 76 Tim keep it coming dude, sub par here we come!

Tapping away without siri

Thanks bro....it was one of those can't miss days....I will probably hang a hundy up the next time out...but at least today I was on fire!

Haha that's pretty much what I told hawk when I shot 76 last week!

Way to go TBT! PBs are fun and a 76 is awesome!

I think I may need to send Tadashi a check after this.....I told you yesterday he gave me a small tip about my hip rotation and I started really stroking the ball....well I went out for another 18 late this afternoon and it contined and carried over into my irons....the ball is actually making a different sound when I hit it right now....its awesome!!

Broke 80 for the 5th time in my life and set my new personal best!

38/38 for 76....thats right I said 76!!

11/13 Fairways
10 greens in regulation (also a personal best)
28 putts

It was awesome....I finished and wanted to go play again!

Way to go tbt, 76 is unreal!

Was this the course I should've been playing with you today?

Nice shooting daso!

Yes it was. Nice write up coming later tonight on the place!

Congrats on the 35 dude!

thank you.

I got a lot of great help the last month or so from mr. tadashi as well as from a couple of old guys who I am friends with/golf with who are former club champs and I keep my bible, ben hogan's five fundamentals, in my golf bag next to my usga rule book. needless to say all of these factors have been very beneficial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back