What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snuck out for 9 tonight but didn't play my best.. Fighting a relatively large draw in my approach and hung a few OB..

Anywho, 41 with a birdie and an eagle.. Wheew..

Whoa had to be some other interesting holes out there

Jealous u got out there, I'm gonna feel like a newb

Whoa had to be some other interesting holes out there

Jealous u got out there, I'm gonna feel like a newb

Rough was crazy long being that it's been raining all week. bunkers were a mess.. And I hit a ball OB off the tee.. It was trouble man..

double, birdie, par, par, bogey, bogey, double, double, eagle hahaha! What a mess.

played a new course for me today in Columbia. I felt like I played pretty well with some room for improvement, but as always I took it hole by hole never adding scores. My previous best was an 86, and I've only been in the 80's a half dozen times or so.

I SHOT A FREAKIN' 77! To say I'm thrilled is an understatement. Was hitting everything well except the driver, got 2 birdies, and feel like once I get the driver going I could go for par here, course suits me pretty well.

played a new course for me today in Columbia. I felt like I played pretty well with some room for improvement, but as always I took it hole by hole never adding scores. My previous best was an 86, and I've only been in the 80's a half dozen times or so.

I SHOT A FREAKIN' 77! To say I'm thrilled is an understatement. Was hitting everything well except the driver, got 2 birdies, and feel like once I get the driver going I could go for par here, course suits me pretty well.
Congrats on the 77!

97 at The Ridge at Castle Pines North. Fantastic course on a great peice of property. Lots of dramatic elevation changes, demanding par 3's, and lightning fast greens. Speaking of the greens, I had 39 putts with zero one putts. Not my normal performance on the greens.

Enjoyed the round more since I had the company of J4U.

You thought I was just kidding about the greens eh? lol

Forgot to tell you about that noise we were hearing as we were taking a picture after 18. It was my phone telling me to take cover because a tornado had touched down in Franktown!!! Didn't look at it until I was headed home and took a snap shot to show you. Maybe I should look at my phone if I hear that noise again..lol.

2012-09-27_15-15-14.png

You thought I was just kidding about the greens eh? lol

Forgot to tell you about that noise we were hearing as we were taking a picture after 18. It was my phone telling me to take cover because a tornado had touched down in Franktown!!! Didn't look at it until I was headed home and took a snap shot to show you. Maybe I should look at my phone if I hear that noise again..lol.

2012-09-27_15-15-14.png

I had the same thing on my phone and then the radio had the emergency broadcast go off. Good thing we finished when we did.

Shot a lot today and enjoy every bit of it....well the round anyway! Both mhg and myself had plenty of "Really?" opportunities and some good laughs. Had a birdie to start off on hole 2 and finished 18 with par....the rest you can view if you chose by following the link below.

I need to get better at using the app like clockwork, it will get more comfortable and automatic the more I use it. Was interesting to look at it myself this evening and wonder why it showed me going in certain areas, pretty funny.

I do know that I need to stay to my intended path to ball instead of wondering around checking yardages. Will be a lot cleaner in the future and not show that it took us half a day for 18..lol. Clicking on the little guys on each hole was neet to see the club/distance and (when used properly) what swing type.

The picture's were uploaded within the app during the round as well and didn't see I could put an explanation in each one before I posted. Their is Jack, the starter (great guy) - Shot of my ball off the drive on 18 heading to the green - me using a wedge in the pile of sleet from the night before, NOT sand (my avatar at the moment) - mhg ready to go but not realizing i was taking a picture..lol

Spoiler Pics

Spoiler
IMAG0806.jpg

IMAG0801.jpg

IMAG0796.jpg

IMAG0802.jpg

OK, a lot winded, but future rounds will be posted simply as this:

Click Me

Last edited:
looks like a cool app, but not one that I would share too often, haha!

Played a "not-so-fun-conditions-but-good-company" round, 86. Ok shots, but the course was so wet that a lot of shots just seemed to suck the club in to the ground. Greens were terrible, missed 3 birdie putts and 5 Par putts because the ball just didn't roll. Slowest greens ever.

38 + 39 = 77 today. I just hope I can hope the pieces together for this weekend at the Tour Event in Hawtlanta! That course will NOT be as easy as the Goat Track :nono:. I'm going to have fun if I shoot good or bad, it's all about having fun with my buddies :thumb:

Shot an 83 today at Red Hawk Ridge. Putter just wasn't doing good and my irons were a little off. Just a lot of small mistakes on my part.

Good day for it Josh, I decided to stay home and watch today. Going to the range to work on some things tonight. Did you use the app on your round today?

LtEvO TaPpEd

looks like a cool app, but not one that I would share too often, haha!

Just getting into it and really enjoy it this far. Waiting on some answers before a review. Ya, was thinking the same thing with launching it on a course like the Ridge. No pressure...lol. No need to hide anything here.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Good day for it Josh, I decided to stay home and watch today. Going to the range to work on some things tonight. Did you use the app on your round today?

LtEvO TaPpEd

Ya but for a couple holes. Got annoying to click the button the track everything. Went back to Golfshot quickly lol.

Ill try it again when I have more time on holes. We were being pushed pretty fast at the beginning

38 + 39 = 77 today. I just hope I can hope the pieces together for this weekend at the Tour Event in Hawtlanta! That course will NOT be as easy as the Goat Track :nono:. I'm going to have fun if I shoot good or bad, it's all about having fun with my buddies :thumb:

You got that right Buddy! See you tomorrow.

Nice shootin', Ole Gray.

Great round. I can't wait to make it out to a THP event, I hear they're great.

shot a 45/40 at a local muni in Corpus Christi called Oso Beach, one of those days spraying shots all over the place, lol. A nasty habit of turning my hands over a bit created more work off the tee than I wanted. Second time we played this course, wide open, with lots of wind swirling all over the place, inexpensive for a friday :). The bermuda greens were really slow and sticky, and I used a 3 wood only since my driver cracked a couple of weeks ago and I have yet to find a replacement I like. A good round with the fiance though, she hit almost all the fairways and got a couple of pars out of it. Good day to be on the course !

36, one over, with one birdie thrown in there. Gorgeous weather !

Great round. I can't wait to make it out to a THP event, I hear they're great.

You will no doubt be hooked like a yellow belly bream on a fat cricket :D

91 today. I haven't seen 80's in a long time. I thought today was the day. 43 on the front. On the back, I wasn't tearing it up, but I was burning edges all over the place. I come into 18 at 16 over. All I gotta do is bogey, but even a par shouldn't be a problem. Block the tee shot into the junk. Lost ball. Fourth stroke with the provisional is decent. Fifth stroke....wait for it......is choked thin across the green, hits a tree and goes in the water. On the bright side, up and down for my triple.

^that's one of the reasons I hardly ever pay attention to my score card totals while I'm playing, that kinda stuff always happens to me.

+4/+5 81
normally i really suck when play is ridiculously slow but today was just ionno... relaxing?
driver was hot today... like way hot... 4 drives left me wedges into greens
biggest bomb was 272 and got onto another par5 in two but missed my eagle putt this time
irons were so so but more on than off thank god... hit 8 greens and was hitting more irons than woods/hybrids
putting was not as good as it should have been... missed an eagle and way too many birdies
all in all i played well enough to impress the guys i was paired with but wish i played better
loved being 1 under thru 4... but wished it lasted much longer than 4 holes

^that's one of the reasons I hardly ever pay attention to my score card totals while I'm playing, that kinda stuff always happens to me.

I try to wait until I am done to add anything up. But as the scores go down, it's harder not to have a good idea of where you are!

I try to wait until I am done to add anything up. But as the scores go down, it's harder not to have a good idea of where you are!

Unfortunately, I accidentally hit the scorecard on GolfGPS and saw where I was by accident. Ah well, firing 91's, and 92's is better than the 95's and 97's. I think there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back