What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found a ball I really like. Only problem is I keep finding awesome deals on other really good balls.

I know there is a very big importance in ball fitting. I will get fit again but I figure a lot of you might be in the same place as me and are just experimenting with different balls for various reasons.

My question is what ball did you play your last round and how did it fair for you? Are you sticking with the same ball each round?

I've recently been playing the TopFlite Gamer V2. I am shooting some pretty good scores with it, although I would like a little more green side spin. However, on iron shots this ball for me is a full club longer than other balls (Callaway i(z) or ProV for instance) that I use. Being able to hit higher lofted irons into greens and Par 3's is really helping me overall.

I really like the Burner TPs, a great ball for the price. They are long and feel great off the putter...actually they feel great off any club!

I just finished a round playing Taylormade's Burner Tour. It was the first time and I really like this ball. It wasn't quite as spinny as the z-star that I usually play but it really didn't matter. I found that this ball performed very well with all clubs and at $22/dozen, it may well become my new gamer.

Agreed!

I am going to be trying the new 2011 pro v1x soon...problem is I have about 6 dozen to get through and I bought 12 dozen 2011 versions.

Wow, that's alot of golf balls. I have a buddy that buys Pro V1x's by the case and complains when he loses one. He literally has 10 dozen at home and gripes if he loses one.

I have been playing the '11 V1x for a couple weeks now. They were scuffing pretty easily, but I have a ball that I have played 42 holes with. There are some minor scuffs, but nothing major at all. I could keep playing with it, but forced myself to swap it sunday afternoon. I am very impressed with the new v1x's though.

Taylormade Burner TP balls.

Wilson Zip. Last round was 6 days ago.

My usual ball is the TM TP Red LDP. In December, after a long layoff from golf and during a trip to Myrtle Beach, I was losing far too many balls with my rusty swing. I found the Zip on sale at Martin's golf for only $5/dozen (bought 8 doz, lol...)

The ball worked great for me in the cooler temps but I was unsure how it would work during warmer weather. Until last week. I played two rounds with the Zip in Florida in low 80's temperatures and the ball performed great.

Very good distance and straight with driver. Decent spin on approaches, predictable on chips, love the feel and consistency when putting. Particularly lagging.

So, a bargain ball seems to be the perfect match for me. Figures, they're discontinued.

Yeah I like the new Prov1x spins great and solid ball as always. I wish the tp red was still out there. Penta practice are a good price too

Prov 1x for me. I've tried them all but keep coming back to it.

I have a few rounds in with the 2011 ProV1x as well. SOLID. The cover is pretty durable....love the improvements. And it's long. L-O-N-G.

Our range is stocked with the ProV1 so my practice transitions to play quite easily. I love that.

I tried to love a Bridgestone ball. I tried all of them. whaddya do?

I do joke about the ProV1 line but one thing is for certain, that ball is highly successful. There is always a part of me that wants to try it haha. So if someone wants to play an older version, do they just have to know someone who can get them? Is there a different market for the older balls? Really not trying to ask a stupid question.

JT and TRu, the Burner TP really impressed me when I was fortunate enough to test it.

DDelise, I did play the V2 for a little bit. I liked it and it was great price.

Yoccos....I am fortunate enough to have a yoooge stash of circa OLD ProV1's. it just worked out that way.

but I love the new ones. so much.

That's kinda what I figured but I've seen guys at my new course pull all sorts of older balls from fresh sleeves. Appreciate it SD :)

I thought Titleist was going to make the new ones more durable? Or was that '10?

Yoccos....I am fortunate enough to have a yoooge stash of circa OLD ProV1's. it just worked out that way.

but I love the new ones. so much.

Played the Callaway Tour i(z) ball today and came away pleasantly surprised. Played a course thats had my number to the tune of an average score of 95 and walked away with a 89. This ball felt good off the driver and great off the irons. Its not the softest off the putter face and wedges but nothing I couldnt live with. After snap hooking my tee shot into the water left on the first hole I played the same one the rest of the way. After cleaning, it looks brand new. This very well could be my Morgan Cup ball.

Played the Callaway Tour i(z) ball today and came away pleasantly surprised. Played a course thats had my number to the tune of an average score of 95 and walked away with a 89. This ball felt good off the driver and great off the irons. Its not the softest off the putter face and wedges but nothing I couldnt live with. After snap hooking my tee shot into the water left on the first hole I played the same one the rest of the way. After cleaning, it looks brand new. This very well could be my Morgan Cup ball.

Is that the ball you got fit for on their website?

Is that the ball you got fit for on their website?

Yes it was. My second option was the Diablo Tour, I think. Couldnt find any of those.

polara last friday... hopefully again tomorrow

played a Srixon Trispeed. I get decent distance off the driver and is spins enough for me around the greens. I love the feel it has coming off the putter.

Played the 2011 e6. Loved the feel off the irons and wedges, but couldn't hit any of the longer clubs square.

Tap before talk.

I played the B330RXS and the Bridgestone E5 last round. I found the distances overall to be extremely comparable. However, the E5 had a ton more spin off of the short irons for me. The cover was also surprisingly durable compared to the B330RXS. I did find the e5 to play a bit more loose with the sidespin though. I really need to have another test round between these two balls

Last round I used the Bridgstone e6 and loved it! It went longer and straighter than balls I have used previously and I only lost 2 balls, one in the drink and one in a farm. The yellow makes them really easy to see and the grass stains wiped off well. Highly recommended.

Played the new e5 yesterday. Felt I gained a little distance off the tee and seemed to spin a noticeable amount more than last years version. Thumbs up

I played the Z Star again, last year's version. I like the reaction off the shorter clubs - the ball stops. But it's a bit meh off the driver for me, and it really did scuff up awfully. Not for me.

PLayed the E5 my last round. Absolutely in love with the ball. High and straight was what I got out of it. It did the job around the greens and on approach shots. Ill be trying some of Callaways offerings though next. I have the Diablo HX Tour right now (returned a box of E5's) but not sure if that's gonna be a ball we can game. Excited to try the i(z) though!

I've been switching between the Taylormade Burner TP and the Titleist ProV1 lately. The ProV1 is great for me but the covers are so soft and tear up when I hit a wedge shot. The Burner just holds up better and I seem to get the same amount of distance and spin on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back