What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played the z-star again and I have fallen out of love with this ball. Just not as good as the RX or the 330-S in winter or in general. I played to three side by side yesterday and in the current conditions the Z-star just couldn't compete.

ok.....i played the slazenger titanium ball again today. I just don't get it. I play reallllllly well with this ball. I hit my 5 iron 230 with this ball off the tee. I seem to be getting ok spin around the green, but i usually stop the ball on the green by trying to launch it a little higher rather than try to spin it, hence the 64* wedge. Still really impressed, and have like 28 of them left....they last forever....

ok.....i played the slazenger titanium ball again today. I just don't get it. I play reallllllly well with this ball. I hit my 5 iron 230 with this ball off the tee. I seem to be getting ok spin around the green, but i usually stop the ball on the green by trying to launch it a little higher rather than try to spin it, hence the 64* wedge. Still really impressed, and have like 28 of them left....they last forever....

love the 64* wedge

I played the TM Penta for the first few months last year but switched to the Callaway iS mid-season since I wanted to more spin. Now I'm back with the Penta and I really like it! Spin is just about right (thanks, swing change) and it just cuts through the wind. Also has a few more yards off the tee, which is good.

I played the TM Penta TP as well and it is a great ball, especially in windy conditions. Ball seems to bore right through a head wind and holds it's line in a cross wind.

I played the TM Penta TP as well and it is a great ball, especially in windy conditions. Ball seems to bore right through a head wind and holds it's line in a cross wind.

Two posts saying the same thing in a row = it's the truth.

Two posts saying the same thing in a row = it's the truth.

Count me as a third. This ball impressed me last season, by being so much longer off the tee (for me) than the previous V1. Spin was just about ideal too. Not so much that you're scared to hit it hard, but enough to stop it dead when you go for the target.

I played the Bridgestone B330-RX white, after playing the yellow for the last few rounds and I really miss it. I had problems a few times spotting my ball on the ground. I will definitely be changing to the yellow after they hit the market.

Last edited:
I'm anxiously awaiting these to hit the shelves as well. The yellow really makes the difference to me for many reasons. Glad its working for you!

I played the Bridgestone B330-RX white, after playing the yellow for the last few rounds and I really miss it. I had problems a few times spotting my ball on the ground. I will defiantely be changing to the yellow after they hit the market.

I liked the Penta alot too. My dad absolutely feel in love with the ball when he found one. So much so I gave him the rest of the sleeve I had. He loved it around the greens and off the tee. Much like you all are seeing. We have our windy days but not so often.

I actually played some free Top Flites I won in a drawing, for my first round of the year, I thought they worked out well. I'm slowly becoming less picky about what ball I play.

I started out with an E6 Bridgestone ball and played rather well with it, then switched to a yellow Z-star just for giggles and lost a little distance as well as direction. I wound up playing a B330 RX that did a fine job for me.

I'm with those guy's who love the Penta TP balls. I always enjoy playing them, but not buying those things. They perform wonderfully and would be my ball of choice if they just lasted longer. I still don't understand how these balls can spin like they do around the greens, yet not balloon into the wind?

Maxfli C3 Gold. I like them and got them cheap.

I tried a yellow ball for the first time today. I am not sure what I was waiting for! I really could pick up the ball in flight better and it was easier to spot. I was always leary of trying it, so I only bought some cheap intech from the K Mart. Shot my lowest round this year and didnt lose any. They were 30 for $16. When I run out I will be buying more yellow or orange. No more white golf balls for clam.

Srixon Z Star TOUR YELLOW.

I was skeptical of the yellow ball at first, seeing that yellow balls are usually found on the range or in my grandmother's bag but I have to say I was impressed. I could definitely see the ball better in flight and the yellow ball felt a little softer than the pure white Z Star. I am wondering if the dye they use affects the covers elasticity??

Bridgestone e5....
Its the best kept secret in golf.

played a pro v1x... normally i dont play titleist balls cuz they spin like crazy on me but i was piping it today

Wilson Staff Distance model that I got on a great deal from Rock Bottom Golf. Decent carry, but not much feel or spin on the greens. Seemed to land and release quite a bit. Hoping to try the some of the other models that I hear such good things about when I can better predict that I won't slice 2 consecectively into the water. :at-wits-end:

Shot 80 today with my old friend, the yellow Srixon Z Star.

Played the Bridgestone e-5 today. I play it when I want to save a few $ over the B330-RX. The RX is my regular ball.

Granted my last round was in November... Lovely winter in NJ this year.
I played a Srixon Z Star Tour Yellow. Thats my ball of choice for now.

I started playing the Z Star last year after I ran out of TP Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back