What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been switching between the Taylormade Burner TP and the Titleist ProV1 lately. The ProV1 is great for me but the covers are so soft and tear up when I hit a wedge shot. The Burner just holds up better and I seem to get the same amount of distance and spin on them.

And the Burners are on sale too! Can get them for $29 dollars at most places!

Played the Srixon Z-Star in Tour Yellow for the first time on Friday and loved it! I cant get over how easy it is to see the ball anywhere on the course! I hit a PW into a par 3 that got caught up in the wind, came up short and plugged. After only a minute of looking I saw that bright yellow dot sticking up out of the mud haha, no doubt in my mind that I would have lost a white one. These balls are also extremely durable, only replaced my once + one of mine found the drink. I wish more companies would start using yellow like Srixon and Bridgestone. I really wish bridgestone would come out with a yellow B330 as thats what I was just fit for at the CT Golf Expo.

I played a Taylormade Penta TP last week at Aviara.
I was quite impressed with this ball.
It had a great ball flight and distance and was terrific around the green with a good soft feel.

Ive been playing Wilson Staff TX4 Pros for a while now and cant seem to find a better ball for the price.

I played a Taylormade Penta TP last week at Aviara.
I was quite impressed with this ball.
It had a great ball flight and distance and was terrific around the green with a good soft feel.

I tried the Penta TP ball last year and it has become my ball of choice. I think it is the perfect blend between a Pro V1 and a pro V1x. It has the distance of a proV1x, and even spins a little more around the greens as the V1x, but not as much as the V1 which spins a little too much for me. I just ordered 2 dozen Penta's for this year but I also ordered a dozen Bridgestone B330-RSX to give a try and compare because I have heard good things about them, but I just have a feeling I'll still stick with the Penta because it sounds like I'll get a little more spin around the greens with them.

Played the Srixon Z-Star in Tour Yellow for the first time on Friday and loved it! I cant get over how easy it is to see the ball anywhere on the course! I hit a PW into a par 3 that got caught up in the wind, came up short and plugged. After only a minute of looking I saw that bright yellow dot sticking up out of the mud haha, no doubt in my mind that I would have lost a white one. These balls are also extremely durable, only replaced my once + one of mine found the drink. I wish more companies would start using yellow like Srixon and Bridgestone. I really wish bridgestone would come out with a yellow B330 as thats what I was just fit for at the CT Golf Expo.

The yellow RX is out now. Unless you are looking for the regular b330

I played TM burner Tp balls. I like them plus they were on sale. I always play these balls. I don't know much about balls, but I do like the way I play with them. When I purchase other TM balls, like the XD or just the regular Burner, I don't get as high a launch or as much distance. Like I said I don't know much about golf balls, such as spin or hardness.

They had these on sale for $5 a dozen awhile back at my local PGA SS. They were just looking to move them. I bought a dozen and wish I would've bought more!

Ive been playing Wilson Staff TX4 Pros for a while now and cant seem to find a better ball for the price.

I played the 330Rx for the first time because I am looking for more spin around teh greens as our greens are hard right now. I liked it but it seemed like it was not as long as the e6 i had been playing. I did like the spin much better then the e6. I purchased a 3 pack and lost only one so I have two left lets see if I continue to play it.

played the nxt tour mixed in with the polara 2pc
love the nxt tour ball

They had these on sale for $5 a dozen awhile back at my local PGA SS. They were just looking to move them. I bought a dozen and wish I would've bought more!

I hear ya bought 5 dozen two years ago and starting to get low. They are pretty hard to find, might have to make a change to the FG tours

Played my last 9 with my last Bridgestone B330RX YELLOW.. and I finally lost him :( it was a sad ending, but I purchased the normal white ball until I was able to order some of the Optic Yellow guys..

Just looking at that little yellow globe of beauty makes my round!

I played quite a few balls yesterday. My round was a practice round for sure just trying to get a feel for my contact and also how some of the tour distance balls felt. Anyway here is the lineup:

Callaway Diablo HX Tour: I picked this up trading in my E5's. It felt great off the irons, wedges and putter. Even the driver it felt soft. Wasn't the longest ball I played today. Gonna give it another round but I don't know if it's a match. I will say maybe the wind was killing this one a bit. It launches pretty high and spins a lot. Off the driver visually I thought my hooks were exaggerated. I need more time.

Bridgestone E5: Incredibly soft off my irons and wedges. The ball off the putter is pretty soft too. The driver this one feels great. Sometimes with the softer balls they feel a little too soft but this one didnt get to that point. Hit this almost as long as the One Tour D's but irons shots were definitely shorter. However the soft feel is definitely something I can live with. Especially on mishits. Don't seem to lose that much distance. Higher trajectory with may have been the reason it wasnt as far. Lots of wind.

Nike One Tour D: Felt like I couldnt mishit this ball. I was really hitting this one long. I like it around the greens too.

ProV1x: I found this one last week. I was hitting this one well too. Pretty long. Clocked a few past my normal range by about 8-10 yards.

ZStar: Launches really high! Wind ate this one up but I was seeing good ball flight especially off the driver. Just a little high for me. Beast around the greens though.

Polara: I need to go post some thoughts in the thread but I hit this off the driver a couple times and some iron shots. I really think for the right person this is a phenominal ball. I have no issues around or on the green with it. I just need to play different shots. I'm saving the last two sleeves for a couple people I know would love it.

I played a lot of balls because I had time and just wanted to get a feeling for what is working and what isnt. I definitely don't want a super high spin ball and I know its almost impossible to tell if a ball is right after a round and even less than a round when you consider it was barely over 11 holes.

Played 36 holes last week with the same ProVI at Dove Mountain in Arizona. Every year I try a new ball and every year I go back to the ProVI...Tried the Penta last year and liked it, but not as well as my ProVI. Haven't tried the "new" ProVI's yet but will in a couple weeks. In fact I won't even put a ball in my bag anymore unless it is a PROVI or Pro VIx...I've become a ball snob.

good stuff Yoccos

I'm really looking forward to trying the Diablo HX Tour Ball. I'm pretty sure it will be hit side by side with the Tour D and E6. The Tour D is still my favorite ball however there are some contenders closing in fast.

It was definitely a great feeling ball imo. I just need more time to dail in distances and what not. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think though man.

I forgot how much I loved the One Tour D.

good stuff Yoccos

I'm really looking forward to trying the Diablo HX Tour Ball. I'm pretty sure it will be hit side by side with the Tour D and E6. The Tour D is still my favorite ball however there are some contenders closing in fast.

Haha, it happens. The ProV1x I found last week was very good. I was brand new I think but after the 9 holes I put it through today, it was pretty beat up. I finally lost it to water. Really liked it though!

Played 36 holes last week with the same ProVI at Dove Mountain in Arizona. Every year I try a new ball and every year I go back to the ProVI...Tried the Penta last year and liked it, but not as well as my ProVI. Haven't tried the "new" ProVI's yet but will in a couple weeks. In fact I won't even put a ball in my bag anymore unless it is a PROVI or Pro VIx...I've become a ball snob.

Played my last round with the Titleist DT Solo:

This ball was recommended to me by a friend and I've gotta say, I was impressed. I usually play the Bridgestone B330-RX and the DT Solo was very comparable to that, for less $$. The DT Solo had good distance, similar to the B330-RX, while maintaining a nice soft but not-too-soft feel off the club face. I had no trouble getting the DT Solo to stop on the greens (they were fairly soft though) on full iron/wedge shots. However, I could tell a difference on short chips, it just didn't have as much spin as a Z-Star or B330-RX would have.

I only lost one DT Solo over 18 so I'm going to keep playing these balls and try to get them on some greens that are a little harder to see if they really do spin well on approach shots.

Love the DT Solo. Great ball for that price range.
It's my go to ball when I run out of my yellow ZStar's.

Topflight Gamer V2 under cold, windy and soggy conditions. It performed pretty well, not the lowest compression, but it jumped nicely off my 4w (driver that day) and I had good distance control and it stopped fast on the greens. Of course, they did get wet as the day progressed but I enjoyed the feel off the wedges and the putter. I could see playing this on any course that didn't have hard, fast greens.

I really liked that ball as well!!! Very soft to me.

Topflight Gamer V2 under cold, windy and soggy conditions. It performed pretty well, not the lowest compression, but it jumped nicely off my 4w (driver that day) and I had good distance control and it stopped fast on the greens. Of course, they did get wet as the day progressed but I enjoyed the feel off the wedges and the putter. I could see playing this on any course that didn't have hard, fast greens.

I played my last round with a Z-Star, it surived the entire round. A fairly durable cover nice spin off the short to mid irons, my only complaint is it's not very long off the tee for me and my 95mph driver swing speed.

played the polara and a callaway big bertha diablo
the polara after a good wash was in perfect shape
the diablo after just 9 holes and a good wash was all tore up and looked like a range ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back