What are you reading?

Halfway through. I can't read in marathons as well as I used to apparently. Headache. Page turner for sure though.

Halfway through. I can't read in marathons as well as I used to apparently. Headache. Page turner for sure though.

Good to hear you like it buddy. I'm reading the second one now, and I've just plowed through 150+ pages of it. I may finish it before I sleep tonight. Only about 40 pages left.

The book had done everything right so far. Engaging story, good pacing, lack of traditional YA Novel cliches, and then it pulls this BS.

Spoiler
A rule change just so the author can work in a romance? WTF!!!?!?! And the book was so damn close to being amazing. See, this is what I am talking about regarding my general disdain for YA fiction. Idiotic at times, really.

What exactly are you talking about? What rule change? And what part of the book are you at now?

Never mind, I think I know what you're talking about. Keep reading dude. If I'm right about it, I didn't like it either. But I've just finished the 2nd book and it's seeming to become relevant. The third book should be fun.

Finished. Still not sure if I like the little romance subplot at all, but I guess there is potential for good there.

Getting ready to start over Dr. Bob Rotellas Golf is not a Game of Perfect. I got about halfway through it on my last vacation, but I'm going to start over on it on this vacation but actually finish it this time. To much time spent looking plane windows the last time.

Read Catching Fire. Oh dear. I think I like the series. I don't like Peeta. Katniss is a much more believable character. Catching Fire was MUCH better than the first book. Better pace, not afraid to skip over boring bits, better editing, better writing in general. Good use of foreshadowing, an appropriate amount of peril. Still reads like a YA novel, as it should, but I do sometimes tire of being coddled as I read. Brian Jacques did an outstanding job of toeing the line in YA literature, making his novels accessible to the young (I was able to comprehend his prose adequately at the age of 6) but retaining a true masters sense of language and finesse. These books lack that somewhat. They are good, enjoyable, but lack that poise that could make them truly great.

Just got Hunger Games today looking forward to reading it in bed tonight after HW.

Started A Clash of Kings in the Song of Fire and Ice series.

I'm reading Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible...

Reading a book about the 1986 Mets called "The Bad Guys Won"

Started A Clash of Kings in the Song of Fire and Ice series.

i also just started this, Book 1 was great and i'm really liking this so far!

Paper tiger

Read Catching Fire. Oh dear. I think I like the series. I don't like Peeta. Katniss is a much more believable character. Catching Fire was MUCH better than the first book. Better pace, not afraid to skip over boring bits, better editing, better writing in general. Good use of foreshadowing, an appropriate amount of peril. Still reads like a YA novel, as it should, but I do sometimes tire of being coddled as I read. Brian Jacques did an outstanding job of toeing the line in YA literature, making his novels accessible to the young (I was able to comprehend his prose adequately at the age of 6) but retaining a true masters sense of language and finesse. These books lack that somewhat. They are good, enjoyable, but lack that poise that could make them truly great.

For some reason, when I think of Peeta, that's what I imagine you to be like. I don't know why, but I do. Oh, and I agree with what you said here. All makes sense to me.

Lol, I am a much bigger asshole than Peeta. Might have a similar ability to lie though.
For some reason, when I think of Peeta, that's what I imagine you to be like. I don't know why, but I do. Oh, and I agree with what you said here. All makes sense to me.

Lol, I am a much bigger asshole than Peeta. Might have a similar ability to lie though.

Lol. I think I'm going to see the movie today. I hope it's good.

Chapter two of Catching Fire.

Love the series

The Hunger Games and The Big Miss

Just started reading, "Buddhism Is Not What You Think". Its a very enlightening and eye-opening book.

Lotsa people reading the Big Miss. I am not reading anything right now, honestly.

Like to be reading somethign else to be honest but not a bug reader but currently I am reading a procedures manual as I am learnig new functions for my job, YEAAHHHH FUN

Back