What are you reading?

Domino Theory by Richard Marcinko and Jim DeFelice when I 'm not reading my college textbooks.

Just finished "The Help". Good book.

Haven't seen the movie yet but have heard it is pretty true to the book.

Just finished "The Help". Good book.

Haven't seen the movie yet but have heard it is pretty true to the book.

The wife read the book and saw the movie and she said the movie was spot on

Just about done my current book......thinking about getting into the Hunger Games series. Has anyone read them or reading them?

Really good series Hanks, the final book isn't quite up to the standards of the first 2 in my opinion but a good read nevertheless

Lone Survivor- The eye witness account of operation redwing and the lost heroes of seal team 10. I'm halfway through and it's been incredible.

Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, And Hope In A Mumbai Undercity. It's a darn good book.

Just about done my current book......thinking about getting into the Hunger Games series. Has anyone read them or reading them?

They're good for young adult books. I flew through them and enjoyed them quite a bit. Then I read another post apocalyptic young adult book called Ship Breaker. That was even better.

I'm reading Ender's Game. Old book, but I like it.

I didn't know Abe Lincoln was a vampire hunter. Good for him.

Kevin

I just got the Bob Probert book and the Ron Mclaean book about to start both of them these are going to be good.

The last of C.S. Freidman's The Magister Trilogy: Legacy of Kings. My first kindle book too. Not great lit, but definitely a fun bit of scifi/fantasy. Well, fantasy, not scifi.

I'm reading The Lord of the rings part 2 and it's the first time that I read it. I'm normally not into fantasy books, I'm not a fan of dwarves, elves and all this kind of stuff, but somehow I like it this time. Although I have to admit that it helps that I know the movies, because of all the names in the book- it can get quite confusing!

The Hunger Games. I may or may not sleep tonight. It's too good.

The Hunger Games. I may or may not sleep tonight. It's too good.

I had to limit myself to one book per day because of that very reason.

I'm on spring break so I might read "I Am Number Four."

Tap before talk.

I just finished The Hunger Games. It only took me about 16 hours with some sleep and THP and stuff in there. On to the next one after some yard work.

I just finished The Hunger Games. It only took me about 16 hours with some sleep and THP and stuff in there. On to the next one after some yard work.

Holy crap man. Go play golf or something haha

my wife cant stop reading the hunger games books

Just started "In the Garden of Beasts Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin" by Erik Larson. Love Larson and how he writes real history like its a novel. [h=1]
[/h]

my wife cant stop reading the hunger games books

I actually thought they were pretty good, I read them after my wife did, not bad at all IMO.

I actually thought they were pretty good, I read them after my wife did, not bad at all IMO.

I was half tempted to start the 1st one, then I tried to think back to the last book I read front to back and it made me realize I had no shot at all lol

I sat down on a Saturday morning and 12 hours later I'd finished book 1. It's amazing how easy it is to read when you become invested in literature.

Tap before talk.

in the middle of unconscious putting by dave stockton. really good stuff so far a lot more of the mental side of putting instead of mechanics. changed some things today with my stroke and pre routine and was putting better than before a lot of improvements in the last year by reading this and watching his dvds. gonna try to bang the rest of his book out tonight and tomorrow and work on stuff the rest of the week.

Well, shoot. I am about to start reading The Hunger Games. The first book of the trilogy, that is. I am not, in general, a fan of the young adult genre. I find it manipulative, forced, clichéd and, on the whole, more than a bit simple. Not to say that good ones don't exist. The Giver is one of my favorite books of all time. I was a huge fan of the Artemis Fowl series as a younger child. I, like about half the nation, went through a Harry Potter phase. Hell, I basically learned to read from the first Harry Potter book. I reckon it served me pretty well.The book clocks in at a shade under 400 pages, which puts me finishing it in about 4-6 hours, depending on how much I enjoy it and how complex the prose is. Should finish it tonight nonetheless. I suppose a mini-review will follow, either tonight or in the morning. I now put on my favorite podcast, a music one that plays an eclectic mix, and retreat to what will either be a satisfying, fun read, or one that will allow me to flex my vocabulary muscle as I deride it as colorfully as I know how.See you guys in a bit.

^^^ Hahahahahahahahahahaha. That was quite possibly the greatest post in the history of mankind. I am going to rep that as soon as I can pull up THP on my phone's browser.

Have fun Jacob. I think you shall enjoy it. It is in no way a challenging read for someone our age, but it is a very good mix of complexity and simplicity all wrapped into a fun story line. I can't wait to hear what you think.

Reactions: JR
35 pages in. Good prose, iffy proofreading. I obviously haven't read in a while, I should be on page 50 by now.

Back