Wegmans LPGA Championship (Spoilers)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
The second major of the year is underway in Pittsford, New York.

TV Schedule:

Jun 7 - GC 12:00-2:30 PM EST
Jun 8 - GC 12:00-2:30 PM EST
Jun 9 - GC 2:00-7:00 PM EST
Jun 10 - GC 2:00-7:00 PM EST

Cheyenne Woods is making her professional debut this week, and started with a +3, 75.

Looks like Kris is +2 through 3, hope she can right the ship for another solid showing this week.

Watching on the DVR machine.

Kevin

I wish Michelle Wie had decided to leave the knee socks at home this week.

Enjoyed the coverage today. Big Break's Ryann O'Toole has a share of the lead after the first round. Good for her.

Watched Cheyenne Woods play a few holes on the DVR machine. They showed her scoring average at Wake Forest. I guess I don't know how well these college girls at while at university, but I was kind of surprised. She had a decent round, though. But under par was not something she saw very often while playing college golf. I like her. Hope she does well.

Kevin

Just saw her interview. She has a nose stud. Gross.

Kevin

Wow, Stacey Lewis had scoliosis as a kid.

Kevin

Wow, Stacey Lewis had scoliosis as a kid.

Kevin

They like to work that in don't they. I like her, one of my favorites to watch but dang.

Is Tom twinkle toes Abbot on the coverage?

--
Tapatalk2

They like to work that in don't they. I like her, one of my favorites to watch but dang.

--
Tapatalk2

I think so. Lerner and Judy are the anchors.

Kevin

--
Tapatalk2

She generates some awesome power with that little frame. Love watching her play.

Kevin

She generates some awesome power with that little frame. Love watching her play.

Kevin

Yep, and everytime I hear her in an interview she seems so humble. Rather refreshing.

--
Tapatalk2

Yep, and everytime I hear her in an interview she seems so humble. Rather refreshing.

--
Tapatalk2

Gets kind of cranky sometimes, though. lol. She's added 25 yards off the tee in the last two years. That's some serious real estate for a sprite her size.

Kevin

Gets kind of cranky sometimes, though. lol. She's added 25 yards off the tee in the last two years. That's some serious real estate for a sprite her size.

Kevin

You know those small folks get fiesty. 25 yards is giant especially since she dropped the mizzy driver in the bag this year.

--
Tapatalk2

She's gotten herself into the gym working core muscles... Works wonders.
Now, where did I leave MY core..........

She's gotten herself into the gym working core muscles... Works wonders.
Now, where did I leave MY core..........

She was taking practice swings on the first tee with her driver. I swear to God when she set the club at the top she was so connected and turned around her core I thought I could see muscles in her left side through her shirt. Just a great and powerful position at the top. I pointed it out to my daughter and she went to the gym with her mom. lol.

Kevin

She was taking practice swings on the first tee with her driver. I swear to God when she set the club at the top she was so connected and turned around her core I thought I could see muscles in her left side through her shirt. Just a great and powerful position at the top. I pointed it out to my daughter and she went to the gym with her mom. lol.

Kevin

Easy old timer, don't get to excited. Your cheese can't handle it :act-up:

--
Tapatalk2

Easy old timer, don't get to excited. Your cheese can't handle it :act-up:

--
Tapatalk2

I love the girls that take a swing at it. My daughter is finally starting to hit it out there off the tee. With her irons she's just one club shorter than me. Length is where it's at these days.

Kevin

Kevin

Stacy Lewis gained yards off the tee thanks to the work with her new swing coach. They've been working on Stacy keeping her right elbow closer to her body (imagine keeping a headcover under your right armpit) on the backswing and downswing and not swinging past parallel on the backswing. Basically, tightening up her swing overall.

Stacy explained all this when she was a guest of Martin Hall during one of his Golf Channel Lessons show (the one were Holly Sonders is now on and serves basically as eye candy).

Last edited:
And Wiezy loses the knee socks.

Been enjoying the telecast so far today. I like watching the ladies play, because their games are more like ours (in a general sense, compared to the PGA players).

And Wiezy loses the knee socks.

Been enjoying the telecast so far today. I like watching the ladies play, because their games are more like ours (in a general sense, compared to the PGA players).

I agree smalls, you have to wonder why some amateur men still want to play from the tips at 6800 yds. It's so much more fun around 6300 yards

I went to Wegman's for lunch today....but they didn't have it on the tv's :angry:

I wish Michelle Wie had decided to leave the knee socks at home this week.

Enjoyed the coverage today. Big Break's Ryann O'Toole has a share of the lead after the first round. Good for her.

I like 'em! But I am a knee socks kind of guy, and a Michelle Wie kind of guy.

I've become a fan Azahara Munoz lately. She is rock solid and a helluva putter. Gal has my favorite putting stroke on any tour though.

Last edited:
I think the ladies coverage is great. Love watching them, because their games really are a bit more like the better amateur. Not to mention I get to see Paula Creamer most weeks hubba, hubba! The game has just gotten to be too long. I'm decently long off the tee, usually 275-280, and can crank it 300, but my irons are really short, so I feel their pain.

I like 'em! But I am a knee socks kind of guy, and a Michelle Wie kind of guy.

I've become a fan Azahara Munoz lately. She is rock solid and a helluva putter. Gal has my favorite putting stroke on any our though.

Same Wie and Munoz fan

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I went to Wegman's for lunch today....but they didn't have it on the tv's :angry:

Oh Wegman's how I miss you. I wish it would come to the eastern part of New York.

Back