Volvik Condor and Condor X Golf Balls Review

Left dash is a lower spin ball, Condor X is higher spin. This is interesting
I’m just going off what I saw on the course. Like I said before, conditions weren’t ideal and the results may very well be different the next time out. It didn’t make sense to me either but it is what it is.

I’m just going off what I saw on the course. Like I said before, conditions weren’t ideal and the results may very well be different the next time out. It didn’t make sense to me either but it is what it is.
Thats fair, I just find it interesting. I know you have only gotten out once but how did the Condor feel compared to the left dash?

I get what you are saying. I'd love to see how they compare in that regard on a LM.
I can maybe get some numbers later today in that regard..

I'm going to let @Nick Kane try out the X since he has more swing speed than me on Sunday.

The x is a little stiff for me as well.
What do you mean stiff? The ball is too hard?

The both were definitely softer than the left dash. During my practice /initial testing I noticed the Condor felt similar to a regular Pro V to me with the X being between the Condor and left dash. Which for me is a good thing. I prefer a firmer feeling ball. On the course neither really stood out good or bad. Off the putter I didn’t notice much difference. I don’t think most people playing tour caliber balls would notice if you switched out whatever they play for the equivalent Condor model.

What do you mean stiff? The ball is too hard?
That’s what I mean by stiff. The ball feels a bit harder than the Condor. Not by a ton, but I can feel it. I’m no great compressor of golf balls… so can only describe what I feel as “stiff”.

This could be pretty eye opening! I’m very curious how it shakes out.
will see if I can squeeze it in today..

The both were definitely softer than the left dash. During my practice /initial testing I noticed the Condor felt similar to a regular Pro V to me with the X being between the Condor and left dash. Which for me is a good thing. I prefer a firmer feeling ball. On the course neither really stood out good or bad. Off the putter I didn’t notice much difference. I don’t think most people playing tour caliber balls would notice if you switched out whatever they play for the equivalent Condor model.
Why do you prefer a firmer feeling ball out of curiosity? Do you need more spin or less?

Hows the testing going? Not seeing a ton of responses in here from some. Pictures aren't enough. What are you feeling? Seeing? How does it compare to your gamer?
Testing is going well.

From a feel perspective, the Condor is right in line with what I enjoy. I played the Chromesoft all last year, and feel like the Condor really compares well with the CS. The Condor X is a bit more firm, but I would not call in too hard by any means. It sits in a nice realm, and with a wedge in hand, I have no issues with the feel.

I was having issues off the driver with both Condor balls last round out. The feel and sound are good, but directionally it was more miss than hit. There was a slight breeze, and any slight miss seemed to be enhanced and what usually would find the side of the fairway, was going further off into the rough. Resulted in only one FIR on the front 9. I noticed this with both the Condor and the Condor X. Played my old gamer right along side them off the tee for the back 9, and it seemed like it was a ball issue. My old gamer was going straight, and as a result further, than the Condors. I was 13 yards longer on drives with my gamer as a result. Only one round, so more to come.

From an iron and wedge perspective, I enjoyed both Condor and Condor X. Feel is good with both, no issues there. Distance was were I would expect. I didn't see the dispersion differ much with the Condors, and had no issues hitting my target with either. Greenside I felt like I need a bit more spin out of each. Greens were running faster than normal, but I was having difficulty getting either to roll out to my intended distances when I was greenside. Going back to my gamer, and the comfort level helped out there, and I was able to put them closer.

Overall, I have no issues with how it plays with a wedge or iron on hand. Good ball flight, both giving me reasonable peak height, based on the eyeball test. Neither is flat or outside of the norm I would expect to see. My only issue is with driver. 18 holes I think gives you a good idea of what the ball is going to do off the tee, and seeing it directly against my gamer makes me pause when teeing up the Condor. Definitely going to continue giving it a go, and hope I can figure it out with driver.

Why do you prefer a firmer feeling ball out of curiosity? Do you need more spin or less?
I just like a firmer feel. When I use softer feeling balls I have a hard time feeling where I hit them on the face. And I want that feedback.

Less spin. The last fitting I had about a month ago I was getting 7500 on my 7i and over 10k on my PW. It’s nothing for me to spin back a 7w on green. Driver spin used to be 3500-4k but I’ve got my angle of attack up and I’m below 3k with the left dash.

I had a chance to play 9 after work yesterday. I was gaming the Condor, and playing as a single, I had a chance to play the Condor and the B RX side by side. Off the tee I was having a hard time keeping anything in the same zip code, with both balls. 150 yds and in, both balls performed well with the expected distance, nice high ball flight and good spin. Short game was one hop and stop with newer wedges. Durability was good, with no visible markings, even after hitting multiple trees on hole 2. Putting went well with the O-works 330m, great lag putts and nice rolls.
League starts next week so I'll have more thoughts on the Condor and will put the Condor X into play. Overall, I could definitely game the Condor. The feel to me is similar to the B RX and Pro V1.

I just like a firmer feel. When I use softer feeling balls I have a hard time feeling where I hit them on the face. And I want that feedback.

Less spin. The last fitting I had about a month ago I was getting 7500 on my 7i and over 10k on my PW. It’s nothing for me to spin back a 7w on green. Driver spin used to be 3500-4k but I’ve got my angle of attack up and I’m below 3k with the left dash.
You may like the feel better BUT If you played a softer ball it would spin less....

You may like the feel better BUT If you played a softer ball it would spin less....
I’ve tried a few different softer balls with mixed results. Now that you mention it I did find a Smurf blue SoftFli a few weeks ago and played it the last 6 holes of the round and played really well. Seemed like I was getting more distance but didn’t have any issues stopping it. Might have to give the XT Soft a more thorough look.

I’ve tried a few different softer balls with mixed results. Now that you mention it I did find a Smurf blue SoftFli a few weeks ago and played it the last 6 holes of the round and played really well. Seemed like I was getting more distance but didn’t have any issues stopping it. Might have to give the XT Soft a more thorough look.
Check out the comments in that thread too. I know @JB really liked that ball

How does everyone feel in the confidence of the ball compared to their current gamer? I feel like there’s been a fair amount of abandoning the volvik during rounds to go back to the gamer.

Is there a lack of that confidence when playing it? Thanks guys!
Kind of hinted to this in my other post, but off the driver, for whatever reason, I wasn't as confident. I still played it next to my gamer during the back 9, because sometimes I become a different golfer at the turn, for better or worse.

Same day, same clubs, same holes, I wanted to get that comparison. For whatever reason the Condor just didn't fly as straight. I don't work the ball, so I prefer straight, and I struggled off the tee with getting that flight.

Off the irons and wedges, no issues. Great flight there.

Kind of hinted to this in my other post, but off the driver, for whatever reason, I wasn't as confident. I still played it next to my gamer during the back 9, because sometimes I become a different golfer at the turn, for better or worse.

Same day, same clubs, same holes, I wanted to get that comparison. For whatever reason the Condor just didn't fly as straight. I don't work the ball, so I prefer straight, and I struggled off the tee with getting that flight.

Off the irons and wedges, no issues. Great flight there.
Always gonna be tough to play your best when the confidence is lacking!

How does everyone feel in the confidence of the ball compared to their current gamer? I feel like there’s been a fair amount of abandoning the volvik during rounds to go back to the gamer.

Is there a lack of that confidence when playing it? Thanks guys!
A definite loss of confidence. Played six holes and could not keep it in the fairway, and couldn't dial in my approach shots. It was fine around and on the green. Will play the X today and/or Sunday. I really like the XT Soft

I'm really susprised to see the comments about loss of confidence off the tee.

Same here. I had zero issues with either of the Condor Balls.

Only 18 holes, and it wasn't like the ball was curving off 50 yards right and left, but it was missing the fairway consistently. Still in play, but I couldn't find the middle of a fairway, nor could I get the straight flight I'm used to.

Not anything that is unplayable, but playing side by side with my old gamer, it was evident.

Yes, its seems to be too high compression for me.
I'm lazy so I apologize if you've posted this. What ball(s) do you normally play?

Only 18 holes, and it wasn't like the ball was curving off 50 yards right and left, but it was missing the fairway consistently. Still in play, but I couldn't find the middle of a fairway, nor could I get the straight flight I'm used to.

Not anything that is unplayable, but playing side by side with my old gamer, it was evident.
When going through this type of side by side comparison, are you looking in at the consistency of strike locations? Are these misses pulls/pushes or are they starting right and curving left or the opposite depending on your normal ball flight?

and I should say...that question is not just based at @gkeller813 anyone with these can feel free to jump in on that.

Back