Volvik Condor and Condor X Golf Balls Review

Haha lots of factors. I am curious to see how the ball translates locally compared to the tight lies at Briggs
I need to pick up a few more so I can play them in nicer weather.

Got to the short game area yesterday after work and put all 3 volvik balls in play. I have a post on the xt soft in that thread as well.

Putting I had 1 of each ball in play. The condor felt good off the face wasn't too firm and speed control was consistent and rolled well for me this ball was 2nd overall for me. The condor x as stated before is probably not right for my game and on the putting green was a little firmer than I am used to. I wasn't miles off putting with the condor x but I did have a learning curve to get the speed right.

Chipping is where I could really tell the difference the condor performed pretty well and I got a couple to stop quickly. I did try to carry some to the hole and stop them and I did get a couple to do it ( again my game not the ball). Bump and run performed the best of the 3 balls in the test for me and the roll out was predictable.

The condor x I surprisingly could get to check up when trying to on a couple of shots but mostly I played the shots with the x for more roll out. Bump and run performed well it did run out more than the other 2 in testing but that is probably to be expected with my game.

Durability again was solid the regular condor did show more wear than the x but it's due to me having more shots with it. I wouldn't be concerned to put these in play at all.

Next testing/practice sessions I will just use 1 ball each time and see how each ball performs specifically for me and not against each other.

Got the Condor and Condor X on the course today and was surprised by the results. It was windy today and the fairways and greens were running fast.

Off the tee the X was the winner. Seemed straighter and handled the wind better. The regular Condor wasn’t bad but it was a good bit shorter into the wind.

I don’t hit many greens so it’s hard for me to judge approach shots. I will say the X flew higher off my irons and hybrid. I don’t think I would’ve had an issue stopping either even as firm as the greens were.

Chipping, pitching, and putting was a draw. Both felt and performed nearly identical with the Condor having a touch more stopping power than the X.

Overall I think I like the X better but I didn’t play that well so that could change next time out. I do believe Volvik has two winners here if people will give them a chance.

Round today. Used all the balls for testing on different holes. The condor x is a bit too much for my game I can play it but but the I can tell a very distinct difference between it and the condor and xt. The regular condor straight up performed today. Shot my season low 88 and the condor has my 2 best shots of the round. A 205 yard 5 iron that just landed 2 feet from the green pin high and I was green side in 2 on a par 5. The driver sound compared to the qst and xt is very noticeable @Nick Kane even asked did I change balls. Then on 17 I hit a 52* and flew the green from 110 and then chipped in for birdie with the condor. The more I test the more this and the xt are in a true battle. The putter is still a little learning curve as it's a lot firmer than I'm used to and need to get speed dialed.

Thinking back again, and both of these had a really good feel off the irons. I was hitting my irons well last round, and the distance I was seeing with both the Condor and Condor X is right on with what I expect. Great high ball height with the scoring irons, and a nice straight, maybe slight fade, ball flight. I usually play off a pretty straight approach shot, and these had no trouble with that.

Did a little analysis of the Condor and Condor X against my old gamer. Same course, same day, same driver. Below are the averages I saw with driver:

Condor and Condor X: 247 yards (added these together, because I was seeing similar distances (+/- 3 yards between the 2)
Old Gamer: 260 yards

Felt like something was off, and this does kind of confirm it. I couldn't get either Condor to go straight with my swing, and I lost distance as a result. Still going to give it a go next time out to see if I can get it straightened out off the tee, because I enjoy it with irons and wedges.

Finally getting to play some golf today since returning from Briggs. Have both Condor and Condor X in the bag. Think I will start with the regular version tonight and play the X on later this week.

hoping to go to a short game area today and chip and pitch a bit... I need practice and I "feel" this is the area lacking the most for me with this ball. Want to really figure out if there is a ball difference or a me difference.

hoping to go to a short game area today and chip and pitch a bit... I need practice and I "feel" this is the area lacking the most for me with this ball. Want to really figure out if there is a ball difference or a me difference.
Do you mean in terms of spin/trajectory, etc?

Do you mean in terms of spin/trajectory, etc?
Yeah, it doesn’t seem to grab the face and come off low with check. Need to take a few different balls and see how others perform. See if it is a me thing.

Yeah, it doesn’t seem to grab the face and come off low with check. Need to take a few different balls and see how others perform. See if it is a me thing.
I get what you are saying. I'd love to see how they compare in that regard on a LM.

How does everyone feel in the confidence of the ball compared to their current gamer? I feel like there’s been a fair amount of abandoning the volvik during rounds to go back to the gamer.

Is there a lack of that confidence when playing it? Thanks guys!

I’ve only had the chance to play the one round. I’ve stopped practicing for now to let my elbow heal up. I’m hoping to get out this weekend and do a comparison to my gamer.

How does everyone feel in the confidence of the ball compared to their current gamer? I feel like there’s been a fair amount of abandoning the volvik during rounds to go back to the gamer.

I think I could play the X. Conditions weren’t the best when I tried them but I saw enough that I can see myself playing them. I didn’t get to do a direct comparison to my gamer (Pro V1x left dash) but I plan on it this weekend

@cnl390
@Steve2100
@Templet0n
@LLIB
@pumbaa
@GLG20
@richhoff
@Coloradomrg
@gkeller813
@G-Man
@TransplantHacker

Hows the testing going? Not seeing a ton of responses in here from some. Pictures aren't enough. What are you feeling? Seeing? How does it compare to your gamer?
Posted on Sunday about my round. Going to get to the range tomorrow after work and do some short game and putting. The condor x is not for my game but I keep putting it through it's paces but the condor really surprised me this past Sunday with my irons especially. The ball flight and consistency of distance of the shots stood out. I did have 1 ball with some kid of manufacturing defect in a dimple but it doesn't seemed to have caused any issues.

I'd really encourage you all not to revert to a different ball mid-round. Too many variables in play to blame a ball for bad fortune over 6-9 holes.

No confidence issues at all. The balls perform and are durable. Between the xt and the regular condor they have had most of my holes played since I started testing. I put my normal gamer in the mix to compare them only.

I haven’t bailed on the Volvick yet, and may actually turn it into my gamer for the season. The Condor x is a little too stiff and spinny for me off the driver, the Condor is great. Maybe a touch too spinny off the driver, but feels great otherwise. The XT Soft is really good for me. I have a round with @J4U on Friday. Hoping he’ll test out the X a bit and let us know his thoughts.

I also haven’t lost any of the volvick balls yet… not sure what the correlation is but I have been keeping them in play!

I haven’t bailed on the Volvick yet, and may actually turn it into my gamer for the season. The Condor x is a little too stiff and spinny for me off the driver, the Condor is great. Maybe a touch too spinny off the driver, but feels great otherwise. The XT Soft is really good for me. I have a round with @J4U on Friday. Hoping he’ll test out the X a bit and let us know his thoughts.
I'm going to let @Nick Kane try out the X since he has more swing speed than me on Sunday.

The x is a little stiff for me as well.

I think I could play the X. Conditions weren’t the best when I tried them but I saw enough that I can see myself playing them. I didn’t get to do a direct comparison to my gamer (Pro V1x left dash) but I plan on it this weekend
I’ll be curious to see the direct comparison! PV1X dash is a great ball and I feel like this would be a good head to head…wonder if there would be enough there to de-throne the gamer!

When playing the balls I had zero lack of confindence. I don't understand why you would abandon mid round. This is a testing project. Can't give a full test if you change balls mid round.

I’ll be curious to see the direct comparison! PV1X dash is a great ball and I feel like this would be a good head to head…wonder if there would be enough there to de-throne the gamer!
It would take a lot for me to move from the left dash but from what I’ve seen the Condor X has a better chance than most others I’ve tried.

It would take a lot for me to move from the left dash but from what I’ve seen the Condor X has a better chance than most others I’ve tried.
Left dash is a lower spin ball, Condor X is higher spin. This is interesting

Back