UST Mamiya DART V TSPX Iron Shafts

He's clearly going to splurge on those Miuras, right?!

I'm probably wrong about what he's getting, but I totally get your stance. IMO Darts make all clubs feel better, so you will get close to a Miura feel anyway (probably). ;)
Actually no, but if I keep having issues, I might back up and punt and go that route!😳🤦‍♂️

I'm probably wrong about what he's getting, but I totally get your stance. IMO Darts make all clubs feel better, so you will get close to a Miura feel anyway (probably). ;)
I have hit Murias and I like the forgiveness the King Tours give me, when compared.

...new here but addicted to forum golf chatter. I am a tinkerer and like to believe I know things about equipment but actually don't. :cool: Last year I bought some 923 hot metals with recoil 95's F4 on the secondary to try graphite shafts finally at 64 and abandoned the idea that I could game the pro 225's. Loved the feel of graphite especially how my wrists and elbows felt after the rounds. I never did find any dispersion control although the recoils maintained my normal high, towering ball flight that tapered off as we got into longer irons. Finally decided to get a fitting for shafts specifically but also lie angle. I initially wanted to get into some Axioms but at the end of the day it came down to some Accras with some weird green graphics and the Mamiya Dart V's. I was fit into the 90 F4's with a +3/4" length and 2 degrees upright. Took them out today for 9 holes and am wildly impressed with their performance. Certainly in the honeymoon phase but they were absolute lasers for me dispersion wise, still with high descent angles and really, really smooth. I have another round of 18 scheduled for Sunday and I'll report back. Not sure if it's the fitting or a combination of that and the shafts but I'm really happy from today. Sorry for the long read....

I have a second set of 120 F5’s sitting on my workbench at home.

What to put them in….
The mail to me. 😂😂

...new here but addicted to forum golf chatter. I am a tinkerer and like to believe I know things about equipment but actually don't. :cool: Last year I bought some 923 hot metals with recoil 95's F4 on the secondary to try graphite shafts finally at 64 and abandoned the idea that I could game the pro 225's. Loved the feel of graphite especially how my wrists and elbows felt after the rounds. I never did find any dispersion control although the recoils maintained my normal high, towering ball flight that tapered off as we got into longer irons. Finally decided to get a fitting for shafts specifically but also lie angle. I initially wanted to get into some Axioms but at the end of the day it came down to some Accras with some weird green graphics and the Mamiya Dart V's. I was fit into the 90 F4's with a +3/4" length and 2 degrees upright. Took them out today for 9 holes and am wildly impressed with their performance. Certainly in the honeymoon phase but they were absolute lasers for me dispersion wise, still with high descent angles and really, really smooth. I have another round of 18 scheduled for Sunday and I'll report back. Not sure if it's the fitting or a combination of that and the shafts but I'm really happy from today. Sorry for the long read....
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the darts!

Glad to hear you like what you are seeing! I am huge fan of the UST Mamiya iron shafts.

Welcome to THP! Hell yes to you finding a combo that’s working for you! I have a set of Dart Vs that I just got this season and my short amount of time with them has been outstanding as well!

Installing the other set into SMS Pro’s today. Considered the Miura’s, but, give me some tech instead.

I love my DART 105F5’s, but the V 120F5’s in the SMS Pro today reminded me that I can absolutely SWING at the ball with these as hard as I want, but I can still feather the shots.

Both so damn good.

I love my DART 105F5’s, but the V 120F5’s in the SMS Pro today reminded me that I can absolutely SWING at the ball with these as hard as I want, but I can still feather the shots.

Both so damn good.
I didn’t notice a big difference between the F4 and F5 as far as launch monitor data. But, you’re right about hammering the ball and the shaft just stays with you.

I didn’t notice a big difference between the F4 and F5 as far as launch monitor data. But, you’re right about hammering the ball and the shaft just stays with you.
The F4’s spun too much for what I need given my current delivery. The 5’s let me turn as hard as I want.

Well Wednesday evening was my first match in our 9 hole Wednesday night league. It was also my first round in just over two months. I just tried to swing 80-90% of full-out and hit the ball great, despite 10-20mph winds with gusts to 30-35. First hole I hit a really nice knockdown 5-iron to about 20 feet and two putted for my par. #3 saw a 7-iron to 7 feet for an eagle on a short par 5. Missed the eagle but loved the approach shot. Hit a perfect 8-iron on number 7 that held its line beautifully and finished on the back left collar. These really feel great, and i like the flight window I’m getting from them. Really good dispersion. Good distance.

The Recoil 95s in my Srixons are going to really have to perform to get me to not put these Vs in the Srixons.

Dart V wedge shaft.... Anything to be concerned about pairing these with the standard Dart 105 F5?

@Briton G can’t wait to hear your feedback on these shafts. I didn’t realize how awesome these look until seeing them here. They are clean!

I had my first round with the Dart V 105 F4s today. I was beyond impressed with how well my irons played today given how terrible they had been the last couple months. I was concerned that these would be too stout for me and my current game, but they have ended up being awesome. I feel like I can really focus on hitting down on the ball a bit more without sacrificing the stability I want to have. They hold up to the turf interaction incredibly well.

It’s only one round, but I am extremely happy with what I saw today. Perhaps I could have gone with the 90 weight option, but I have always done best with the heavier weighted shafts.

Back