UST Mamiya DART V TSPX Iron Shafts

I approve these ferrules.

I want these damn iron heads too.

I will give you a pass on the grips. 😜
Funny story, those were all I had and they were on another set of shafts. So my builder pulled them which went well until the last one, which came off with the tape 😂. I had to get the tape out, which I did successfully. It was impressive.

Dart V shafts should be delivered today!!!

They will be ready Friday or Saturday. A picture is worth a 1000 words!
Very cool! I know i love mine and glad i tried them. Looking forward to seeing what you built.

I was able to get my Cobra KING Tours with the Dart V 105 F4 shafts on the range today for the first time. It went awesome.

My initial, very early thoughts are that there is definitely a noticeable increase in tip stiffness with the Dart V. They just feel more stout overall than the Dart shafts I have. The Darts have a feel that is closer to the prior version of the Recoils, and the Dart V definitely remind me more of the Recoil Protos that I have in my PTx Pros. But this is not to say that I think they feel like the Recoil shafts redone. I said the foregoing as a reference point for people to have some starting context.

There is definitely a lot of technology going on, and the addition of the M40X in the Dart V is really good. The ball freaking jumps off the face. I feel like I can really go after the ball, but the shaft holds up to everything I can give it. The most noticeable improvement was that I was drawing balls so easily, especially with the short irons. That is always hard for me to do consistently, and I was able t do it with these irons. In retrospect, I probably could have done really well with the Dart V 90 shafts. I need to accept that at 40, my swing is slowing a bit. But the Dart V 105 are definitely very playable for me, and I loved what I was seeing on the range today from my irons.

And @Jman this is definitely a combo you need to try. I think you will love it.

I was able to get my Cobra KING Tours with the Dart V 105 F4 shafts on the range today for the first time. It went awesome.

My initial, very early thoughts are that there is definitely a noticeable increase in tip stiffness with the Dart V. They just feel more stout overall than the Dart shafts I have. The Darts have a feel that is closer to the prior version of the Recoils, and the Dart V definitely remind me more of the Recoil Protos that I have in my PTx Pros. But this is not to say that I think they feel like the Recoil shafts redone. I said the foregoing as a reference point for people to have some starting context.

There is definitely a lot of technology going on, and the addition of the M40X in the Dart V is really good. The ball freaking jumps off the face. I feel like I can really go after the ball, but the shaft holds up to everything I can give it. The most noticeable improvement was that I was drawing balls so easily, especially with the short irons. That is always hard for me to do consistently, and I was able t do it with these irons. In retrospect, I probably could have done really well with the Dart V 90 shafts. I need to accept that at 40, my swing is slowing a bit. But the Dart V 105 are definitely very playable for me, and I loved what I was seeing on the range today from my irons.

And @Jman this is definitely a combo you need to try. I think you will love it.
The M40X in these is just KILLER.

If I could get a set of heads only, I’d install the extra set of V’s in them that I have in a heartbeat

The M40X in these is just KILLER.

If I could get a set of heads only, I’d install the extra set of V’s in them that I have in a heartbeat
Its a wild feeling. It took me about 10 balls to get used to. At first I was like "oh wow these are stout" but then I just swing and the ball flew. After another 10 balls I was sold. dispersion was impressive for me.

Hit a snag trying to find the right drop weights. Irons will be delayed a few days.👎

Hit a snag trying to find the right drop weights. Irons will be delayed a few days.👎
Easy to reveal the heads yet? I feel like we are approaching THP experience level of slow play at this point.

@Canadan can we send a ranger to speed up pace of play?

Easy to reveal the heads yet? I feel like we are approaching THP experience level of slow play at this point.

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

He's clearly going to splurge on those Miuras, right?!

He's clearly going to splurge on those Miuras, right?!
If you told me right now I could trade my King Tours for Murias straight up, I would say no thank you. I’m just being honest.

If you told me right now I could trade my King Tours for Murias straight up, I would say no thank you. I’m just being honest.
I'm probably wrong about what he's getting, but I totally get your stance. IMO Darts make all clubs feel better, so you will get close to a Miura feel anyway (probably). ;)

Back